DSP Gaming

May 25th Indie Marathon Discussion

HalRayner

I am so glad that game for Hatoful Boyfriend is over I felt sick watching it and how in the world did it get a 8 out of 10 from IGN WTF.

​To be fair, the true ending for that game is quite interesting (the path to that ending is half the total length of the game btw).

Edited by onorub

My early prediction is he will be highly disappointed with the amount of viewers during the stream and on the uploaded videos. He'll never do another indie "marathon" again after today.

​He's got over 500 viewers right now, so that's incorrect.

Sad that I missed half of the marathon :(

I'll checkout the videos later on youtube, I'll bet hatoful boyfriend was interesting lol

​He's got over 500 viewers right now, so that's incorrect.

Sad that I missed half of the marathon :(

I'll checkout the videos later on youtube, I'll bet hatoful boyfriend was interesting lol

​His comment going into Hotline Miami was "The stream attendance is uhh....okay".

It is very hard to watch Phil when he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again in Hotline Miami. If that strategy is not working try something different! Sometimes i think he does this on purpose to create drama. Phil needs to get better at games because its hard watching someone who is not good.

​His comment going into Hotline Miami was "The stream attendance is uhh....okay".

​He needs to stop worrying at views. Also this was for Patreons so it should not matter. It is Memorial Day today too so people may be with family. It just gets annoying when he complains about views. Just play the game and if people miss him playing it will be on Youtube.

• Upvote 1

It is very hard to watch Phil when he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again in Hotline Miami. If that strategy is not working try something different! Sometimes i think he does this on purpose to create drama. Phil needs to get better at games because its hard watching someone who is not good.

​The game is cheap as hell.

Other Let's Players I see die over and over too. If you think it's easy then please share your videos and show us how it's done.

• Upvote 1

Other Let's Players I see die over and over too. If you think it's easy then please share your videos and show us how it's done.

​No it's not, the difficulty is very fair. You're meant to die a lot through trial and error, but repeated mistakes are entirely on the player. 

• Upvote 4

​I do not have to prove anything to you and missed my point. Its not just the dying over and over it is that he never learns from his mistakes and that is hard to watch. It is not entertaining to watch that.

​I do not have to prove anything to you and missed my point. Its not just the dying over and over it is that he never learns from his mistakes and that is hard to watch. It is not entertaining to watch that.

​If he beat every game very quickly and wisely then you people would complain he's "rushing" through the game. You would also say he's looking at the stream for help. That's exactly what happened in the Bloodborne playthrough. He was overpowered and mowed through enemies yet there was still a bunch of people who thought he was rushing and looking at the stream chat to figure out what to do.

​If he beat every game very quickly and wisely then you people would complain he's "rushing" through the game. You would also say he's looking at the stream for help. That's exactly what happened in the Bloodborne playthrough. He was overpowered and mowed through enemies yet there was still a bunch of people who thought he was rushing and looking at the stream chat to figure out what to do.

​How the fuck does grinding in an RPG have anything to do with beating an action game quickly? There's nothing to rush, you're reaching like crazy, wtf. There's also no looking at stream chat for this, it's entirely based on the mechanics.

• Upvote 1

• Phil locked this topic