DSP Gaming

What defines a Gamer?...

Savage2Day

There's many people out there who call themselves gamers. Question is, what characteristics makes a gamer... a gamer? To me personally, it's all about experience. 

I've heard of so many people simply playing a game based on graphics and popularity. Think Avatar... stunning to look at... and that's it. My best gaming experience came from games (no joke) on the PS1. Will never forget that damn piano riddle from Silent Hill. Only game since that really gave that hardcore experience was The Last of Us. 

To experience something special and appreciate the game for what it is... That's whats makes a gamer a gamer in my opinion. What do you all think?

To me a gamer is a person who is open minded about games. A true gamer isn't a fanboy of a certain console and will restrict his gaming on that. A true gamer will play on other consoles too.

He is willing to play a vide variety of games. He doesn't restrict himself to, let's say, FPS games. He is open minded about other gaming genres also.

• Upvote 1

To me a gamer is a person who is open minded about games. A true gamer isn't a fanboy of a certain console and will restrict his gaming on that. A true gamer will play on other consoles too.

He is willing to play a vide variety of games. He doesn't restrict himself to, let's say, FPS games. He is open minded about other gaming genres also.

​Brilliantly Stated :) couldn't agree more!

For me, a gamer is someone who enjoys playing games even when he has finished them countless times. It is someone who doesn't give up to the challenge of completing a game (or even 100% it) no matter how hard it might be. And also enjoys playing games on every console and not just stay with a single one.

Also, the first time I felt like a true gamer was when I played Pokemon Saphire and managed to complete most of my Pokedex.

• Upvote 1

For me, a gamer is someone who enjoys playing games even when he has finished them countless times. It is someone who doesn't give up to the challenge of completing a game (or even 100% it) no matter how hard it might be. And also enjoys playing games on every console and not just stay with a single one.

Also, the first time I felt like a true gamer was when I played Pokemon Saphire and managed to complete most of my Pokedex.

​Sapphire? Really? What about Red, Blue or Yellow? Didn't you complete the Pokedex on any of those?

​Sapphire? Really? What about Red, Blue or Yellow? Didn't you complete the Pokedex on any of those?

​I'm ashamed to say I haven't played Red nor Blue, and Yellow I had the chance to play because I friend lend it to me for a weekend (beat it with a Butterfree lv 100, I was a noob back then). And at the time Red and Blue came out, my parents were very close-minded about buying me any Pokemon game. But in the remakes (FR and LG), I'm almost done with the Pokedex except for some event legendaries, just need to exchange some Mons from 3rd Gen and it will be done.

​I'm ashamed to say I haven't played Red nor Blue, and Yellow I had the chance to play because I friend lend it to me for a weekend (beat it with a Butterfree lv 100, I was a noob back then). And at the time Red and Blue came out, my parents were very close-minded about buying me any Pokemon game. But in the remakes (FR and LG), I'm almost done with the Pokedex except for some event legendaries, just need to exchange some Mons from 3rd Gen and it will be done.

​I got both Fire and Leaf. :p

Someone who plays games and has fun and relaxes in doing so.

Someone who doesnt just play one franchise or just one game. EG if you only play FIFA you aren't really a gamer just a fan of fifa.

You can have a preference (of systems) but You see the positives and negatives of each one. e.g. PS3 has better exclusives than 360 but 360 has better online

• Upvote 1