Nintendo Gamecube

CosmicKangaroo

It's actually my #1 console imo :) next with Xbox360 #2, and PS2 #3 with SOOO many great games... such as LoZ Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, Kirby Air Ride, Paper Mario TTYD, SSBMelee, Soul Calibur 2, Pokemon XD, Tales of Symphonia (honestly that I haven't beaten, but my friend was obsessed with it) and Sonic Adventure 2, Those are the ones I own and I love them, but I know there are many others :)

and P.S. I'm also not active as well, but I'm meaning to fix that a bit ^_^

Edited by Ffantasy501
Top Consoles

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/1/2015 at 5:45 AM, CosmicKangaroo said:

Hey Everyone,

I know I haven't been that active lately on these here forums. But I just want to know what y'alls thoughts on the Nintendo Gamecube were? 

I personally like the system and its design, Nice, Compact, and Unique compared to the PS2 and Xbox.

Nintendo Gamecube? Good console.

I enjoyed playing Super Smash Bros. Melee and Phantasy Star Online 1 and 2 on it.

Edited by brandonbeans

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

This is a strange system... Was technically powerful enough to emulate the Game Boy or even the Game Boy Advance, but the Game Boy Player has Game Boy and Game Boy Advance hardware was built in anyway. Could also output a crystal-clear AV out. Only supported mini-DVDs resulting in inferior games compared to their Xbox counterparts. Very little RAM. Did have four controller ports built in though. No internal storage whatsoever, its competition had IDE hard drives (optional on PS2). Very poor networking support. Strange, but great controllers.

What even is this?

There was also a rare model that supports DVD playback. This model arguably has better playback than the Xbox (and is definitely better than the PS2's).

13 hours ago, url8 said:

This is a strange system... Was technically powerful enough to emulate the Game Boy or even the Game Boy Advance, but the Game Boy Player has Game Boy and Game Boy Advance hardware was built in anyway. Could also output a crystal-clear AV out. Only supported mini-DVDs resulting in inferior games compared to their Xbox counterparts. Very little RAM. Did have four controller ports built in though. No internal storage whatsoever, its competition had IDE hard drives (optional on PS2). Very poor networking support. Strange, but great controllers.

What even is this?

There was also a rare model that supports DVD playback. This model arguably has better playback than the Xbox (and is definitely better than the PS2's).

You sound knowledgeable about this.

Can I ask you if you're a fighting-game pro-player? And if you design games?

On 12/8/2021 at 3:33 AM, url8 said:

What even is this?

I agree. The system was strange yet interesting at the same time.

I think the one with DVD was made by panasonic.