DSP Gaming

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

MasterOfAwesomeness

Here is a better more thought out review 

Captain America: Civil War Review

The Good
This movie is Fan Freaking Tastic if you are a true fan of Comics Marvel or DC you should be able to see it. 

Everyone gives a Great performance and gets their own moment to Shine

Captain America and Iron Man are the Leads and are great as always and their back and forth not just fighting but Talking about their different Ideals you see why they believe in their own agendas 

The Winter Soldier is great once again i feel Sebastian Stan gets better in each Cap film

Chadwick Boseman KILLS it as Black Panther he is such a Badass and has his own motive to fight

Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man even though he is in it for a good 30 Mins he OWNS it as the character this is the Truest From Comic Book,  Cartoon,  Video Game to Big Screen ever cause hes actually a Teenager being a Teenager not a Grown Man pretending to be a Teenager plus he doesnt cry or turn Emo

Ant-Man is just Great he is just "Giant" Fantastic :)

The airport scene is the best Suoerhero Action Scene ever its Fantastic cant spoiler much

a Much better story than the Civil War comic

Great Visual effects

Probably funnier than Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man

Great Funeral scene :(

Some great Stunt work and Camera work 

Helmet Zemo you understand why he is doing what he is doing it took me time to realize that

Overall: I Love this movie it could be the Best Marvel Movie of all time,  need to see it a gain it definitely helped Black Panther and Spider-Man have hype for their own movies thisbis better than Both Avenger Films
and is the Best Marvel Trilogy

Overall Grade: A +

This is my favorite Movie so far in 2016

3 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Here is a better more thought out review 

Captain America: Civil War Review

The Good
This movie is Fan Freaking Tastic if you are a true fan of Comics Marvel or DC you should be able to see it. 

Everyone gives a Great performance and gets their own moment to Shine

Captain America and Iron Man are the Leads and are great as always and their back and forth not just fighting but Talking about their different Ideals you see why they believe in their own agendas 

The Winter Soldier is great once again i feel Sebastian Stan gets better in each Cap film

Chadwick Boseman KILLS it as Black Panther he is such a Badass and has his own motive to fight

Tom Holland as Peter Parker/Spider-Man even though he is in it for a good 30 Mins he OWNS it as the character this is the Truest From Comic Book,  Cartoon,  Video Game to Big Screen ever cause hes actually a Teenager being a Teenager not a Grown Man pretending to be a Teenager plus he doesnt cry or turn Emo

Ant-Man is just Great he is just "Giant" Fantastic :)

The airport scene is the best Suoerhero Action Scene ever its Fantastic cant spoiler much

a Much better story than the Civil War comic

Great Visual effects

Probably funnier than Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man

Great Funeral scene :(

Some great Stunt work and Camera work 

Helmet Zemo you understand why he is doing what he is doing it took me time to realize that

Overall: I Love this movie it could be the Best Marvel Movie of all time,  need to see it a gain it definitely helped Black Panther and Spider-Man have hype for their own movies thisbis better than Both Avenger Films
and is the Best Marvel Trilogy

Overall Grade: A +

This is my favorite Movie so far in 2016

Regardless of your review (don't get me wrong it's good), I'm stoked to see it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

X-Men: Apocalypse Review

Good
Xavier (McAvoy)  and Magneto (Fassbender)  Chemistry is amazing once again and their performance 

Magneto has a Heart Breaking scene

Cyclops,  Jean Grey,  Nightcrawler,  Storm,  Beast are all pretty great

Quicksilver and his scene is better in this than Days of Future Past

Apocalypse is a pretty scary villain and a great performance from Oscar Isaac

The Action is pretty good

The Score is amazing especially the Intro Credits

Wolverine Cameo is great and awesome

Call Backs to First Class 

The End of the movie tease for the next movie

The Bad

Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique she basically mails it in and does not care the whole movie

Psylocke and Arch Angel are pretty wasted and dumb Characters who are basically One Dimensional and useless

The Final Fight is ok just Big Green Screen Battle

Overall: Its not a prefect X-Men movie,  but its still pretty great 
Not worse than X3 or Origins those are garbage this isn't garbage 

Overall Grade: B+

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Good
Xavier (McAvoy)  and Magneto (Fassbender)  Chemistry is amazing once again and their performance 

The Bad

Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique she basically mails it in and does not care the whole movie

Psylocke and Arch Angel are pretty wasted and dumb Characters who are basically One Dimensional and useless

So far so good.

I just came back from seeing Captain America Civil War.  Freaking Amazing Movie!!!!  The acting, story telling, CGI, action scenes, cast of characters, character development were outstanding.  The three stars that impressed me the most were Chris Evans as Cap, RDJ as Tony, and Tom Holland as Spidey.  Tom Holland is the best Spider-man right now.  He reminded in some way of Tobey Maguire and that was awesome.  Don't get me wrong, Vision, Black Panther, Ant Man were awesome cool.  However, the main villain, Halmut Zemo was weak as shit.  I was not feeling him at all.  He is by far the worst villain in the MCU.  Captain America Civil War is so far my fav film of 2016, my fav entry of the Capt. America film franchise (which is my fav franchise of the MCU so far as well), and so far my fav film in the MCU.

Overall score: 10/10:wub:

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I just came back from seeing Captain America Civil War.  Freaking Amazing Movie!!!!  The acting, story telling, CGI, action scenes, cast of characters, character development were outstanding.  The three stars that impressed me the most were Chris Evans as Cap, RDJ as Tony, and Tom Holland as Spidey.  Tom Holland is the best Spider-man right now.  He reminded in some way of Tobey Maguire and that was awesome.  Don't get me wrong, Vision, Black Panther, Ant Man were awesome cool.  However, the main villain, Halmut Zemo was weak as shit.  I was not feeling him at all.  He is by far the worst villain in the MCU.  Captain America Civil War is so far my fav film of 2016, my fav entry of the Capt. America film franchise (which is my fav franchise of the MCU so far as well), and so far my fav film in the MCU.

i think Iron Man Learned not to screw with Captain America and Bucky

8 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

lol if you understand his motives hes not a weak villain hes actually a pretty good villain hes not weaker than 

Thor 2 Villain

Ant-Man Villain

Iron Mans Villains

Ultron who was just a Daddys Boy Cry Baby

and hes a way better villain than soon to be Razzie winner Jessie Eisenverg for the worst performances of the year almost Batman & Robin bad 

but thats just my opinion i liked him as a villain,  was he needed 

No

but he was still ij the movie and he played his part and tbh Succeeded 

Edited by sateler96
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

lol if you understand his motives hes not a weak villain hes actually a pretty good villain hes not weaker than 

Thor 2 Villain

Ant-Man Villain

Iron Mans Villains

Ultron who was just a Daddys Boy Cry Baby

and hes a way better villain than soon to be Razzie winner Jessie Eisenverg for the worst performances of the year almost Batman & Robin bad 

but thats just my opinion i liked him as a villain,  was he needed 

No

but he was still ij the movie and he played his part and tbh Succeeded 

That is cool, though I loved ultron

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Warcraft Review

The Good
The World that Duncan Jones creates is interesting and would love to see more in a better way but sadly we wont 

Toby Kebbel as the Main Orc was great and felt his story was stronger than the Humans Story
The Orc Motion Capture was really good

Paula Patton as the Half Orc/Half Human was good

Dominic Cooper as the King was good

Ben Foster was good

The Orc Fights were great

The Bad
The Story was All over the Place and a little Boring 

the other CGI were terrible

Dude from Vikings was trying to be Aragorn from Lord of the Rings

the Younger Mage was terrible

the Humor

the Pacing was pretty bad

Overall: This movie is a mess especially the story from the writer of Seventh Son and In the Heart of the Sea.  This just proves once again Video Game Movies are not good and if Assassin's Creed and Tomb Raider are terrible then they should stop with Movies based on Video Games,  cause i don't wanna see a Uncharted Movie 

Overall Grade: D 

I just came back from seeing from seeing TMNT: Out of the Shadows.  Regardless of what you guys say, I loved this film.  This film gave me huge nostalgia.  I am a huge fan of the TMNT since I watched the '03 animated series.  I loved the story, acting, cast of characters, action scenes, character development, and cgi/visuals.  My fav characters were the turtles, splinter, and Casey Jones.  However, I really loved the fact there was a remix the '80s theme during the end credits.

This is one of fav films of the year.

Score: 8/10.

TMNT: Out of the Shadows Review

The Good
The Turtles their personality and the Dynamic between each other and that there is more of that this time and that the Motion Capture for them is way better

Bebop and Rocksteady bubbling idiots personality worked just like the cartoons

The Score 

The Bad
The other CGI for Rocksteady and Bebop aren't that great also their stupid fart jokes

Bebop and Rocksteady check their Dick Sizes........  

The Dialouge in this movie Awful

Stephen Amell who is was excited for to be in this movie is also wasted and Miscast as Casey Jones cause he is not Casey Jones at all he is terrible,  but that's the fault of the Director,  but he is a Moron this whole movie,  he is no where better than the Casey Jones from the 1990 Movie
He also just wears his Mask once  and to flirt with Megan Fox,  This Casey Jones is a Loser 

Megan Fox cause she is not April who i thought was ok in the first movie,  does nothing to look Hot in this movie cause Michael Bay has a wierd Fetish.  April is not a Slut and Megan Fox is

Shredder which idk why they wont call him Oroku Saki (his real name)  not Shredder,  but anyway HE IS FUCKING WASTED He literally does not fight in this whole movie and only wears his Mask Once idk how you have a TMNT movie and not have Shredder at least do something

Karai worse than wasted,  Karai is supposed to be a badass and gets beat by Megan Fox and Will Arnet,  thats like Shia killing both Megatron and Starscream,  thanks Michael Bay

Tyler Perry who is always shit as Madea then Shocks the world in Gone Girl of how fucking great he was and now is worse than a Cartoon in this alnost Jessie Eisenberg bad

Krang looks awful,  sounds awful and is terrible in this movie,  Brad Garrett is no Krang,  Pat Fraley will always be KrangTheres one scene where the Turtles are looking up on the internet on the Technodrome and someone says its pilot by Krang HOW????? 

He literally 

Every Scene is Almost a set up scene treating the Audience likes its stupid 

The Ending Battle is just like the first movie Giant Robot in the Sky

Will Arnet needs to leave these movies

Splinter does nothing in the first movie he beat all 4 Turtles asses and almost beat Robot Shredder

Overall: This movie was garbage which is crazy cause the First movie i wasn't excited liked that,  this i was excited for and I hated it
They need to Get Michael Bay and Megan Fox away from these Movies cause Michael Bay keeps picking Shit Directors 
The 1990 TMNT is still the best and this movie is no where better than the Comics and Original,  03, and 12 Series

Overall Grade: F

This movie is one of the Worst Movies of 2016

its not better than Civil War,  Deadpool,  The Jungle Book,  and Zootopia 

Save your Money go see Civil War again or X-Men: Apocalypse again or go see Conjuring 2

Edited by sateler96

11 hours ago, sateler96 said:

TMNT: Out of the Shadows Review

The Good
The Turtles their personality and the Dynamic between each other and that there is more of that this time and that the Motion Capture for them is way better

Bebop and Rocksteady bubbling idiots personality worked just like the cartoons

The Score 

The Bad
The other CGI for Rocksteady and Bebop aren't that great also their stupid fart jokes

Stephen Amell who is was excited for to be in this movie is also wasted and Miscast as Casey Jones cause he is not Casey Jones at all he is terrible,  but that's the fault of the Director,  but he is a Moron this whole movie,  he is no where better than the Casey Jones from the 1990 Movie
He also just wears his Mask once  and to flirt with Megan Fox

Megan Fox cause she is not April who i thought was ok in the first movie,  does nothing to look Hot in this movie cause Michael Bay has a wierd Fetish

Shredder which idk why they wont call him Oroku Saki (his real name)  not Shredder,  but anyway HE IS FUCKING WASTED He literally does not fight in this whole movie and only wears his Mask Once idk how you have a TMNT movie and not have Shredder at least do something

Karai worse than wasted,  Karai is supposed to be a badass and gets beat by Megan Fox and Will Arnet,  thats like Shia killing both Megatron and Starscream,  thanks Michael Bay

Tyler Perry who is always shit as Madea then Shocks the world in Gone Girl of how fucking great he was and now is worse than a Cartoon in this alnost Jessie Eisenberg bad

Krang looks awful,  sounds awful and is terrible in this movie,  Brad Garrett is no Krang,  Pat Fraley will always be KrangTheres one scene where the Turtles are looking up on the internet on the Technodrome and someone says its pilot by Krang HOW????? 

Every Scene is Almost a set up scene treating the Audience likes its stupid 

The Ending Battle is just like the first movie Giant Robot in the Sky

Will Arnet needs to leave these movies

Splinter does nothing in the first movie he beat all 4 Turtles asses and almost beat Robot Shredder

Overall: This movie was garbage which is crazy cause the First movie i wasn't excited liked that,  this i was excited for and I hated it
They need to Get Michael Bay and Megan Fox away from these Movies cause Michael Bay keeps picking Shit Directors 
The 1990 TMNT is still the best and this movie is no where better than the Comics and Original,  03, and 12 Series

Overall Grade: F

This movie is one of the Worst Movies of 2016

its not better than Civil War,  Deadpool,  The Jungle Book,  and Zootopia 

I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy it.  I knew the problems were going to be the CGI, Michael Bay and Megan Fox, but I did not allow them to stop me from enjoying it.

Just now, MDCFAN101 said:

I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy it.  I knew the problems were going to be the CGI, Michael Bay and Megan Fox, but I did not allow them to stop me from enjoying it.

there was Alot its was terrible

i mean Bebop and Rocksteady check their animal dick sizes in a Kids movie like WTF 

2 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

i see you didnt even read my whole review cause i said he a fucking terrible 

OOOPS!!!! My bad.  I didn't think he was too bad.  He did have some badass moments.

I will agree Shredder was wasted.  He did not fight whatsoever in this film.  Speaking of Will Arnett, he was funny like he always is.

• 2 weeks later...

The Conjuring 2 Review

The Good
Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson once again as The Warrens their chemistry and relationship on screen are great

A Actually good Kid Actor lol

Has Jump Scares but like The first movie the Jump Scares arent annoying cause James Wan knows how to use it right. 

The Story and the side Story mixing together was great

The Smaller moments when its trying not to scare you

James Wans directing

The Bad
Probably a little too much noticeable CGI this time

a Little Predictable

not alot of the Smaller Calmer moments like the first movie

Overall: I did Love this movie just like the first movie its Not as Good as The Conjuring and doesn't have any stand out scary moment like the Hand Clap,  but this is the Best Horror Sequel IN A LONG TIME,  and its been a Long time.  The Thing I Love about The Conjuring Movies theres Great acting thanks to James Wan sadly we get Annebelle 2 next year ... 

On 5/22/2016 at 6:34 AM, sateler96 said:

Good

The Bad

Not a bad summary. :)