Jump to content
DSP Gaming

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot


MasterOfAwesomeness

Recommended Posts

Red Notice (2021) - Review 

The Good
Gal Gadot when shes fucking in the movie shes great. 

The fast pacing. 

The Dunb Twist and Turns

The Bad
Rawson Marshall Thurber's Direction js terrible, i love what he did with Central Intelligence, but Skyscraper was god awful and bis directin here is in that same level. 

Rawson Marshall Thurber's Screenplay is generic as hell. 

The Action Sequences are lame as fuck especially with a $200 Million budget. 

The Rock just feels like a parody of better character Luke Hobbs

Ryan Reynolds while great at playing himself always is getting very tiresome now. 

Chris Diamantopoulos is a forgettable villain.

Gal Gador is barely in it. 

Final Thoughts: Red Notice is another waste of money from Netflix pleade don't make another Red Notice. 

Overall Grade: D-

red_notice.thumb.jpg.26b353d6ec022c21f6418c7244e1238a.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Review (2021)

The Good
The Cast is great from Mckenna Grace being the best part, Carrie Coon, Logan Kim, and Paul Rudd are great too. 

Jason Reitman's Decent Direction which sadly this is a very weak ditection job frin him since he obviously has made better films then this. 

The emotional beats work at least. 

There are still some good surprises and a great 3rd act. 

The Bad 
The Nostalgia stuff is very lazily done, alot of references to the original film seem desperate. 

Theres barely any comedy while 2016's failed reboot tried to hard to be funny, this one doesn't even attempt to try its just quips like the MCU, but not as good. 

Its too long. 

Now this is pretty much obviously, but still the original Ghostbusters are barely in it and it just feels rushed when they show up for like 10 mins. 

It teases more sequels, now if this movie was amazing or at least great then i'd be happy, but at this point its pretty obvious the original film will always better and that Ghostbusters: The Video Game is still the true 3rd film. 

Final Thoughts Ghostbusters: Afterlife is still 10000000000x better than that 2016 Abomination, but for a movie that is supposed to be Ghostbusters 3 technically  is no where near as great as the video game. 

Overall Grade: C+

ghostbusters_afterlife_ver3.thumb.jpg.04af99b42b0c763ef02a055c34e3426e.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Ghostbusters: Afterlife - Review (2021)

The Good
The Cast is great from Mckenna Grace being the best part, Carrie Coon, Logan Kim, and Paul Rudd are great too. 

Jason Reitman's Decent Direction which sadly this is a very weak ditection job frin him since he obviously has made better films then this. 

The emotional beats work at least. 

There are still some good surprises and a great 3rd act. 

The Bad 
The Nostalgia stuff is very lazily done, alot of references to the original film seem desperate. 

Theres barely any comedy while 2016's failed reboot tried to hard to be funny, this one doesn't even attempt to try its just quips like the MCU, but not as good. 

Its too long. 

Now this is pretty much obviously, but still the original Ghostbusters are barely in it and it just feels rushed when they show up for like 10 mins. 

It teases more sequels, now if this movie was amazing or at least great then i'd be happy, but at this point its pretty obvious the original film will always better and that Ghostbusters: The Video Game is still the true 3rd film. 

Final Thoughts Ghostbusters: Afterlife is still 10000000000x better than that 2016 Abomination, but for a movie that is supposed to be Ghostbusters 3 technically  is no where near as great as the video game. 

Overall Grade: C+

ghostbusters_afterlife_ver3.thumb.jpg.04af99b42b0c763ef02a055c34e3426e.jpg

I still gotta play the video game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tick, Tick... Boom! - Review (2021)

The Good
Lin-Manuel Miranda's Directorial Debut as he directs every scene with the energy like you are watching a broadway play. 

Steven Levenson's screenplay is great telling the story of Jonathan Larson showing the struggles of his first attempt of trying to get his musical onto broadway to doing the title of this movie as the film goes back and forth from Tick, Tick... Boom to the story and eventually showing real footage of RENT and him not seeing it cause he passed away at 35. 

The Performances around the board are great: Andrew Garfield as Jonathan Larson (who created RENT) carries this entire movie and is just a power house and should get considered for a Best Actor Nomination. Alexandra Shipp, Robin de Jesús, Vanessa Hudgens, Joshua Henry, Mj Rodriguez, Jonathan Marc Sherman, Ben Levi Ross, Judith Light are all great 

Bradley Whitford as Stephen Sondheim is only in the movie for a few minutes, but hes great. 

In the "Sunday" sequence there are camoes from Broadway Actors. 

Every Musical Sequence is Fantastic. 

The Pacing was very fast even for a 2 hour movie that didn't feel like 2 hours. 

The Bad
Nothing

Final Thoughts: I'm a sucker for fantastic musicals and this was one of them and a fantastic directorial debut of Lin-Manuel Miranda who is just having a killer year and a Oscar worthy performance from Andrew Garfield. 

Overall Grade: A+

tick_tick_boom_ver2.thumb.jpg.2dff97d70506c2fcc9a1a4eedd8fb885.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

King Richard - Review (2021)

The Good
Will Smith performance as Richard Williams is fantastic, definitely his best in years and definitely should not be ignored at the Oscars like they did with Concussion. 

Aunjanue Ellis as Oracene "Brandy" Price also gives a phenomenal oscar worthy performance. 

Reinaldo Marcus Green's solid Direction definitely his best so far. 

Zach Baylin's Screenplay that follows the story of Serena and Venus's father. 

The story is very interesting and compleling for someone like myself who doesn't watch Tennis. 

Jon Bernthal as Rick Macci is hilarious and a great performance finally not wasting his talents. 

Other performances are great too from Saniyya Sidney as Venus Williams, Demi Singleton as Serena Williams, Tony Goldwyn as Paul Cohen, Dylan McDermott as Will Hodges, Mikayla LaShae Bartholomew as Tunde Price, Danielle Lawson as Isha Price, Layla Crawford as Lyndrea Price, Andy Bean as Laird Stabler, and Kevin Dunn as Vic Braden.

The Soundtrack is great. 

The Bad 
Nothing 

Final Thoughts: King Richard is carried by a fantastic performance from Will Smith.

Overall Grade: A+

King-Richard-poster-Courtesy-of-Warner-Brothers.thumb.jpg.4758a72d0ec0ae71c354a50a24eeb1f5.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spencer - Review (2021)

The Good
Kristen Stewart easily gives her best performance so far as Diana, Princess of Wales (née Spencer) who just transforms into this role and hopefully she gets nominated af the Oscars.

Pablo Larraín's Direction as this is his 2nd Biopic on tragic women his first being Jackie with Natalie Portman and now with this and i say this is better. 

Steven Knight's Script as it only depicts 3 Days of Dianna trying to divorce the Bastard Prince Charles and leave a twrrible Royal Family who basically tell what she can or can't do through out the film and if see The Crown tou also see the seeds of it in the early years. 

Other performances are great to from Timothy Spall as Equerry Major Alistair Gregory (based on David Walker), Jack Farthing as Charles, Prince of Wales, Sean Harris as Darren McGrady, the Royal Head Chef, Sally Hawkins as Maggie, the Royal Dresser, Stella Gonet as Queen Elizabeth II, Richard Sammel as Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, and so many more. 

The Production and Costume Design are fantastic. 

Claire Mathon's beautifully shot Cinematography as the movie is shot on actual film and it shows wonderfully. 

Jonny Greenwood's Score. 

The Bad
Its a little too long

Final Thoughts: Spencer is basically the Kristen Stewart show showing how fantastic of an actress she is and hopefully the Academy sees that. 

Overall Grade: A-

tg09f8hl0mx71.thumb.jpg.cc20190f35726f21ba44a556fafbb010.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City - Review (2021)

The Good
Nothing.


The Bad
Johannes Roberts as the Director and Writer who says he is a fan of the video games, but is he really? Cause he wouldn't have made all the characters shit  or made Leon a total loser you know who also was a fan of the games Milla Jovovich and look how her 6 movie series turned out. 

None of the characters are anyhring like their video game counter parts their basically worse. 

While Kaya Scodelario as Claire Redfield gets the most character development her performance was still bad. 

Hannah John-Kamen as Jill Valentine is very underused and acts nothing like Jill. 

Avan Jogia as Leon S. Kennedy is not fucking Leon like 0 fucking % hes basically the butt of all the terrible jokes definitely the worst portrayal of Leon. 

Robbie Amell as Chris Redfield i say looks like the character, but with the terrible script his performance is awful. 

Tom Hopper as Albert Wesker is a joke. 

Neal McDonough as William Birkin is meh. 

The Flashback Sequence goes on forever and sonething that never even happen in the games. 

Basically mixing both Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2 plots into 1 movie at 1 hour in 47 minutes so you can tell thats a huge red flag and butchering both badly

Theres an actual Jill sandwich joke, but its terrible. 

Its fucking boring nothing happens for near 1 hour and 15 mins

The worst Visual effects i have ever fucking seen in a long ass time. 

It just switches to scene to scene very roughly. 

A Post Credit scene teasing a sequel yet it probably won't get it cause this movie is on track to flop. 

Final Thoughts: Even though its closer to the video games than Paul W.S. Anderson's films, I would rather at least watch those first 2 movies over this cause is definitely nearly on par with The Final Chapter evem tho that film is unwatchable, this is just boring. 

Overall Grade: Fuck You

9otwz9q8qeu71.thumb.jpg.cab0d6418080eedbf00350877f01854a.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Encanto - Review (2021)

The Good
Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Stephanie Beatriz as Mirabel gives a soulful performance and her singing ability packs a massive punch. 

John Leguizamo as Bruno isn't in the movie long, but he was perfectly casted as the character and brings more energy to the film his power is a spoiler. 

Orange Is the New Black and Doom Patrol's Diane Guerrero as Isabela, Mirabels's perfect sister is great, she can make flowers bloom. 

María Cecilia Botero as matriarch Abuela Alma is perfect especially when the tragiv past is about her so it helps when you have a great actress bring gravity to the role. 

Great side characters like Jessica Darrow as Luisa Madrigal who has Super Strength, Angie Cepeda as Julieta Madrigal she can heal people through cooking,Wilmer Valderrama as Agustín Madrigal he can like expand his body or sometting, Carolina Gaitán as Pepa Madrigal she can control the weather, Mauro Castillo as Félix Madrigal, Adassa as Dolores Madrigal she has super hearing, Rhenzy Feliz as Camilo Madrigal he can shape shift, Ravi-Cabot Conyers as Antonio Madrigal he can talk to Animals, and Alan Tudyk as Pico a toucan. 

The Encanto house is sorta like its own character.  

Theres no villain for once and the movie works better without having one. 

Colombia's cultural is through out this film. 

The Tackling of the Mature themes like how a victim can become blinded by their anguish and inadvertantly inflict that pain upon their descendents.

The beautiful message of you don't have to have a special gift to feel special you can be special as your own normal self. 

Disney once again kill's it with the Animation especially CG Animation getting better and better. 

The very catchy great songs from Lin-Manuel Miranda with so many standouts like Surface Pressure" (when Luisa sings about her stress and anxiety), the hilariously self-explanatory "We Don't Talk About Bruno," and the fantastic "Dos Oruguitas," which plays during the film's most emotional sequence

The Family Madrigal" and "Colombia, Mi Encanto" are also great as well picking hust ine song for the Ocars will be very hard. 

Barely any Disney Cliches

The Bad
Nothing. 

Final Thoughts: Encanto is the best Animated Film of the year (not counting anime) and will more than likely will win Best Animated Feature at the Oscars. 

Overall Grade: A+

encanto_ver3.thumb.jpg.cef703d8257caa61b3609f1967a1f968.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Belfast - Review (2021)

The Good
Kenneth Branagh's Direction as this is his best film since 2015's Cinderella and makes up for whatever the fuck kind of Direction that was last year with Artemis Fowl. His Screenplay you can feel this fiom was very personal to tell to have a coming of age story with the tumult of Belfast. 

The performances from everyone is great from Jude Hill, Caitríona Balfe, Jamie Dornan, Judi Dench, Ciarán Hinds, Colin Morgan, Lara McDonnell, Gerard Horan, and etc. 

The Black and White Color Palet. 

Haris Zambarloukos Cinematography is beautiful. 

The music choices are great. 

Van Morrison's score. 

The Bad
The Story is just good, but the performance and the direction are what careies this movie anyway. 

Final Thought: Belfast is definitely not a Best Picture winner like many critics are saying, but it is a great movie to be nominated with performances that deserves some consideration. 

Overall Grade: A-

hlt9vfxi7gr71.thumb.jpg.c8efd570e1f8f2910c9915e3369185d8.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

West Side Story - Review (2021)

The Good
Steven Spielberg's masterful Direction is back deliverung in his best great movie since Lincoln and this being the first time hes directed a Musical i believe and knocks it out of the park is Phenomenal. 

Tony Kushner's amazing Screenplay once again teaming up with Spielberg for the 3rd time. 

The performances from Ansel Elgort, Rachel Zegler, Ariana DeBose, David Alvarez, Mike Faist, Rita Moreno, Brian d'Arcy James, Corey Stoll, and many more. 

Musical Numbers are amazing 

Janusz Kamiński's Cinematography is beautiful.  

The Production Design is great. 

Still very faithful to the book. 

Leonard Bernstein's score. 

The Bad

Nothing 

Final Thoughts: I don't know if I wanna see is better than the 1961 film yet since that movie is also amazing, but Spielberg shows why hes still the best director of all time in my opinion as for someone who didn't rhi k the 1961 film shoyld of been remade, but as i heard Spielberg was doing it got me curious and it just fucking delivers. 

Overall Grade: A+

west_side_story_ver3.thumb.jpg.cb2e5d2b13bbe602d44c8f9169b12a02.jpg

Edited by sateler96
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spider-Man: No Way Home - Review (2021)

The Good
Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man gives his best performance as the character yet as the character starts to finally mature into his own now. 

Jon Watts Direction I thought was his strongest yet. 

Zendaya as MJ gets more to do and more character depth. 

Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds definitely got more to do in this one. 

William Dafoe as Norman Osborn / Green Goblin nearly steals the entire movie as he easily becomes the character again. 

Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius / Doctor Octopus is once again amazing as he was in Raimi's Spider-Man 2

Jamie Foxx as Max Dillion / Electro gets a huge fucking 2nd chance given better writing and better character development.

Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange is obviously great of course. 

Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko / Sandman and Rhys Ifans as Curt Connors / The Lizard didn't really get alot to do but its still fun seeing them. 

Marisa Tomei as Aunt May got somewgat morebto do. 

Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan is still great 

J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson was annoyingly great. 

Alot of other good side characters. 

Its full of fan service and nostalgia, but it isn't forced as it actually helps  the story move forward and even helps other stuff and Alot of Surprises. 

The action sequences are fantastic. 

Its definitely Darker with some jokes obviously, but also emotional with alot of depth. 

The 3rd Act is Phenomenal enough said. 

The visuals are fantastic especially the Digital deaging. 

Michael Giacchino's score. 

The post credit scenes were great especially the last one. 

The Bad
Nothing really i can think of beaides 1 nit pick and its a spoiler. 

Final Thoughts: Spider-Man; No Way Home finally delivers on a great 3rd Spider-Man fiom which we never got before, but also shines a fan service movie done correctly and im excited tobsee where they take Spider-Man next in the MCU. 

Overall Grade: A+
 

FB_IMG_1639637447708.thumb.jpg.c1e701f859bd096058e964aa1144bdf9.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sateler96 said:

Spider-Man: No Way Home - Review (2021)

The Good
Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man gives his best performance as the character yet as the character starts to finally mature into his own now. 

Jon Watts Direction I thought was his strongest yet. 

Zendaya as MJ gets more to do and more character depth. 

Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds definitely got more to do in this one. 

William Dafoe as Norman Osborn / Green Goblin nearly steals the entire movie as he easily becomes the character again. 

Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius / Doctor Octopus is once again amazing as he was in Raimi's Spider-Man 2

Jamie Foxx as Max Dillion / Electro gets a huge fucking 2nd chance given better writing and better character development.

Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange is obviously great of course. 

Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko / Sandman and Rhys Ifans as Curt Connors / The Lizard didn't really get alot to do but its still fun seeing them. 

Marisa Tomei as Aunt May got somewgat morebto do. 

Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan is still great 

J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson was annoyingly great. 

Alot of other good side characters. 

Its full of fan service and nostalgia, but it isn't forced as it actually helps  the story move forward and even helps other stuff and Alot of Surprises. 

The action sequences are fantastic. 

Its definitely Darker with some jokes obviously, but also emotional with alot of depth. 

The 3rd Act is Phenomenal enough said. 

The visuals are fantastic especially the Digital deaging. 

Michael Giacchino's score. 

The post credit scenes were great especially the last one. 

The Bad
Nothing really i can think of beaides 1 nit pick and its a spoiler. 

Final Thoughts: Spider-Man; No Way Home finally delivers on a great 3rd Spider-Man fiom which we never got before, but also shines a fan service movie done correctly and im excited tobsee where they take Spider-Man next in the MCU. 

Overall Grade: A+
 

FB_IMG_1639637447708.thumb.jpg.c1e701f859bd096058e964aa1144bdf9.jpg

for this one small nitpick, youre going to need a really good lawyer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello True Believers,

Welcome to my final installment of my reviews of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Spider-Man 3- Review

The Negatives:

  • The plot twist of Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer.  As far as I am concerned, it was a major asspull.  Hated it when I was 12.  Still hate it today.
  • Venom was done horrifically in this movie.  Topher Grace was a huge miscasting choice.
  • Studio Interference.  Sony & Avi Arad wanted Venom.  Sam Raimi did not.  I'm sorry, but, Sony & Avi Arad should've let Raimi complete his true vision for the film.
  • The story is weak compared to the ones from the first two films.
  • The portrayal of black suit Peter Parker.  Seriously?!  An emo hairstyle and horrible dancing scenes?  SMH.
  • The unnecessary addition of Gwen Stacy being a potential love interest for Peter.

The Positives:

  • With the exception of Topher Grace, I felt the overall acting was top notch.  You have J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson, James Franco as Harry Osborn/New Goblin, Elizabeth Banks as Betty Brant, Bill Nunn as Joseph "Robbie" Robertson, Rosemary Harris as Aunt May, and Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.  However, the star of the movie IMO was Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko/Sandman.  He was fantastic throughout this film.
  • The action and fight scenes were awesome.
  • Christopher Young's score is phenomenal.
  • CGI, visuals, and special effects still hold up well IMO.
  • The comedy especially the ones that involve JJ were hilarious.
  • The design of the black suit I thought was pretty solid.
  • Excellent Stan Lee cameo.
  • Excellent usage of Danny Elfman's original score from the first two films.

Overview, While flawed, it is no where near as bad as people make it out to be.  IMO, Spider-Man 3 is a solid and entertaining film.

Grade: B

image.thumb.png.ca8448264009707fbbb59493e1f13e58.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/16/2021 at 1:51 AM, sateler96 said:

Spider-Man: No Way Home - Review (2021)

The Good
Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man gives his best performance as the character yet as the character starts to finally mature into his own now. 

Jon Watts Direction I thought was his strongest yet. 

Zendaya as MJ gets more to do and more character depth. 

Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds definitely got more to do in this one. 

William Dafoe as Norman Osborn / Green Goblin nearly steals the entire movie as he easily becomes the character again. 

Alfred Molina as Otto Octavius / Doctor Octopus is once again amazing as he was in Raimi's Spider-Man 2

Jamie Foxx as Max Dillion / Electro gets a huge fucking 2nd chance given better writing and better character development.

Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Stephen Strange is obviously great of course. 

Thomas Haden Church as Flint Marko / Sandman and Rhys Ifans as Curt Connors / The Lizard didn't really get alot to do but its still fun seeing them. 

Marisa Tomei as Aunt May got somewgat morebto do. 

Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan is still great 

J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson was annoyingly great. 

Alot of other good side characters. 

Its full of fan service and nostalgia, but it isn't forced as it actually helps  the story move forward and even helps other stuff and Alot of Surprises. 

The action sequences are fantastic. 

Its definitely Darker with some jokes obviously, but also emotional with alot of depth. 

The 3rd Act is Phenomenal enough said. 

The visuals are fantastic especially the Digital deaging. 

Michael Giacchino's score. 

The post credit scenes were great especially the last one. 

The Bad
Nothing really i can think of beaides 1 nit pick and its a spoiler. 

Final Thoughts: Spider-Man; No Way Home finally delivers on a great 3rd Spider-Man fiom which we never got before, but also shines a fan service movie done correctly and im excited tobsee where they take Spider-Man next in the MCU. 

Overall Grade: A+
 

FB_IMG_1639637447708.thumb.jpg.c1e701f859bd096058e964aa1144bdf9.jpg

Just saw myself.  Loved it.  Probably the best Spider-Man movie to date.

Grade: A+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, sateler96 said:

For me it definitely is just delivers on so much that if it was just Sony doing it would of sucked hard knowing their track record but this is marvel studios doing it

Oh absolutely.  I gotta say man, I am so happy how much Tom Holland's  Spider-Man has grown and developed in the MCU.

Edited by MDCFAN101
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Matrix Resurrections - Review (2021)

The Good
Keanu Reeves as Thomas Anderson / Neo and Carrie-Anne Moss as Tiffany / Trinity still are great as their characters. 

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Morpheus was great as an alternate version of the character. 

Lana Wachowski's Direction is definitely her strongest in years. 

Jonathan Groff as Agent Smith is great.

Neil Patrick Harris is also great as The Analyst. 

Jada Pinkett Smith and Lambert Wilson are back as Niobe and. 

 Johnny Klimek and Tom Tykwer score is pretty good. 

The Climax is definitely better than Reloaded's and Revolution's climax

The Bad
The biggest complaint from me is showing scenes from the past movies like hey remember this?

Its way too Meta and too much forced comedy which is the problem with script with once again too much exposition dump like Reloaded and Revolutions. . 

Lambert Wilson as  The Merovingian is terrible just like he was in the past films

Jessica Henwick as Bugs is written very thin and the other characters are also written thin. 

Whenever the Agent Smiths switch from regular people to them looks awful compared to the OG Matrix. 

Alot of the characters that in the regular fake world? Are terrible. 

The slow motion feels very forced where every action scene has a slow mo shot. 

The Action is very disappointing. 

The editing choices were really bad especially when the camera cuts to different points. 

Some scenes are filmed to look like lower quality are terrible. 

The Visual Effects are pretty meh. 

Final Thoughts: Going in with Low expectations I will say I didn't hate this, but its definitely not great as it relies too much on Nostalgia bait as No Way Home did better as it helps the story, but this is definitely better than Reloaded and Revolutions. 

Overall Grade: C+

matrix_resurrections_ver2.thumb.jpg.8e6c2995db2146c373e116b5a7ab7079.jpg

Edited by sateler96
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2021 at 10:18 AM, sateler96 said:

The Matrix Resurrections - Review (2021)

The Good
Keanu Reeves as Thomas Anderson / Neo and Carrie-Anne Moss as Tiffany / Trinity still are great as their characters. 

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as Morpheus was great as an alternate version of the character. 

Lana Wachowski's Direction is definitely her strongest in years. 

Jonathan Groff as Agent Smith is great.

Neil Patrick Harris is also great as The Analyst. 

Jada Pinkett Smith and Lambert Wilson are back as Niobe and. 

 Johnny Klimek and Tom Tykwer score is pretty good. 

The Climax is definitely better than Reloaded's and Revolution's climax

The Bad
The biggest complaint from me is showing scenes from the past movies like hey remember this?

Its way too Meta and too much forced comedy which is the problem with script with once again too much exposition dump like Reloaded and Revolutions. . 

Lambert Wilson as  The Merovingian is terrible just like he was in the past films

Jessica Henwick as Bugs is written very thin and the other characters are also written thin. 

Whenever the Agent Smiths switch from regular people to them looks awful compared to the OG Matrix. 

Alot of the characters that in the regular fake world? Are terrible. 

The slow motion feels very forced where every action scene has a slow mo shot. 

The Action is very disappointing. 

The editing choices were really bad especially when the camera cuts to different points. 

Some scenes are filmed to look like lower quality are terrible. 

The Visual Effects are pretty meh. 

Final Thoughts: Going in with Low expectations I will say I didn't hate this, but its definitely not great as it relies too much on Nostalgia bait as No Way Home did better as it helps the story, but this is definitely better than Reloaded and Revolutions. 

Overall Grade: C+

matrix_resurrections_ver2.thumb.jpg.8e6c2995db2146c373e116b5a7ab7079.jpg

I Just watched it now on hbomax today. I have to agree with you. I also went with low expectation with this and didn't hate it. It was just okay. It could of been a lot worse then this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, tylersimba said:

I Just watched it now on hbomax today. I have to agree with you. I also went with low expectation with this and didn't hate it. It was just okay. It could of been a lot worse then this.

I know its mixed alot of people either love it, like it, meh about it, or fucking hate it, but it ends just like the first movie thought which unlike the first movie obviously could of been a one off left it open for more, this one idk where it could go or if it will even be as successful since it is released on HBO max but its gonna get murdered by Spider-Man this weekend which Spidey uses nostalgia better than Matrix did 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...