DSP Gaming

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

MasterOfAwesomeness

31 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I know its mixed alot of people either love it, like it, meh about it, or fucking hate it, but it ends just like the first movie thought which unlike the first movie obviously could of been a one off left it open for more, this one idk where it could go or if it will even be as successful since it is released on HBO max but its gonna get murdered by Spider-Man this weekend which Spidey uses nostalgia better than Matrix did 

I agree

• Like 2

C'mon C'mon - Review (2021)

The Good
Joaquin Phoenix and Gaby Hoffmann's chemistry is very heart warming. 

Woody Norman and Scoot McNairy i thought qere good in their small roles. 

Mike Mills Direction and Screenplay is great. 

Its Black and White. 

Aaron Dessner and Bryce Dessner's score

Robbie Ryan's Cinematography. 

The Bad
Nothing. 

Final Thoughts: C'mon C'mon is a very sweet and endearing film with great performances from Joaquin Phoenix and Gaby Hoffmann. 

Overall Grade: A+

cmon_cmon.thumb.jpg.7667cefa06d4205203a140d509a28906.jpg

Don't Look Up - Review (2021)

The Good
Jennifer Lawrence  and Rob Morgan I thought were great. 

Leonardo DiCaprio was very watered down for like 1 hour and 31 minutes for real Leo to show the fuck up. 

The Bad 
Some of the dialogue feels random like people talking about random shit, like why does that matter to the plot which is a big problem with Adam McKay's script. 

Mark Rylance's performance is awful who gave me a headache

Alot of other actors are wasted like Meryl Streep who is just basically female Dinald Trump its very obvious, Cate Blanchett, Jonah Hill, Hettienne Park, Tyler Perry, Timothée Chalamet, Ron Pearlman,and Ariana Grande. 

Liev Schreiber, Ashleigh Banfield, Sarah Silverman,  and Chris Evans are wasted cameos.

The message their trying to tell is too heavy handed. 

The comedy fails big time.

Alot of wierd Editing choices and Camera cuts. 

Arianna Grande's song Just Look Up is meh and should not be nominated for Best song especially over Billie Eilish's No Time to Die. 

Final Thoughts: Don't Look Up js a comedy with 0% comedy that waste so many actors. 

Overall Grade: D-

dont_look_up.thumb.jpg.f34c0f3a2fdcf07cc0923487fd3468ca.jpg

Licorice Pizza - Review (2021)

The Good
Paul Thomas Anderson's Direction and Screenplay, that is a pure coming of age film that is hilarious. 

His Cinematography is also great. 

Alana Haim and Cooper Hoffman (son of Phillip Seymour Hoffman) performances and chemistry is very strong especially being their first major film. 

Sean Penn and Bradley Cooper are fantastic.

Jonny Greenwood's score. 

The soundtrack is amazing. 

Alot of cameos from multiple actors and a surprise cameo from George DiCaprio. 

The Bad
Nothing. 

Final Thoughts: Licorice Pizza is Paul Thomas Anderson'a best film aince 2007's There Will Be Blood with star making performances out of Alana Haim and Cooper Hoffman. 

Overall Grade: A+
FB_IMG_1640445406362.thumb.jpg.9a74a0d7f2bda47fd86d66980089d627.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Scream 5 - Review (2022)

The Good
Melissa Barrera as new lead Samantha Carpenter i thought was great

Return characters  Neve Campbell as Sidney Prescot, David Arquette as Dewey Riley, Courteney Cox as Gale Weathers, and Marley Shelton as Judy Hicks are great as always. 

Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett do a great job directing that makes it feel like we needed another Scream and theor direction style definitely shows. 

The Script i thought was very witty and somewhat meta. 

Roger L. Jackson kills it again as the voice of Ghostface. 

Some of the new additions to the cast i thought were great like Jenna Ortega, Mason Gooding, Mason Gooding, Mason Gooding,and  Jasmin Savoy Brown. 

The Kills are fucking brutal

A small cameo from a couple of Youtubers. 

The Bad
Some actors i didn't think were great like Mikey Madison who is terrible in Better Things and she is no different in this, Sonia Ben Ammar and Kyle Gallner i thought were terrible as well. 

As the movie kept going the reveal of who the killers could be became predictably obvious especially in the finale. 

The pacing was really fast. 

Final Thoughts: Scream 5 isn't the best Scream in the franchise as the Original is still the best and i even say Scream 2 is better than this , but this is definitely better than Scream 3 and 4 its just a fun time. 

Overall Grade: B+

scream_ver17.thumb.jpg.07f66d146123085b17b958522b346e31.jpg