DSP Gaming

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

MasterOfAwesomeness

12 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I've heard that too, but to be honest, I'm still interested in his performance.

While I am a practicing Catholic, I'm not exactly a bible thumper.

I'm a Christian that believes in God, but i don't like it being shoved down my throat like most of my family are like super christian if you don't go to church then your going to Hell lol 

I'm like sorry I dont wanna waste my time there xD 

But faith baded movies and there is a few good ones, but recently their very bad

Thwres one time a faith based movie came out the same day ad The Witch (which was helmed as the Satanist film) well the Satanist film was better than the Faith based movie XD

7 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

I'm a Christian that believes in God, but i don't like it being shoved down my throat like most of my family are like super christian if you don't go to church then your going to Hell lol 

I'm like sorry I dont wanna waste my time there xD 

Sorry you had to experience that my friend.

Anyways, while I do understand where you are coming from in regards to faith based films not being recently good, but I really don't consider the Father Stu movie a "faith movie" necessarily.  I consider it to be more so a film based on an individual's true story.

Plus, Mark Wahlberg wanted to do this.

2 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Sorry you had to experience that my friend.

Anyways, while I do understand where you are coming from in regards to faith based films not being recently good, but I really don't consider the Father Stu movie a "faith movie" necessarily.  I consider it to be more so a film based on an individual's true story.

Plus, Mark Wahlberg wanted to do this.

Well before i do watch that I'll be watching Everything Everything All At Once, Nick Cage's new Film, and The Northman tonight

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent - Review (2022)

The Good 
Nicolas Cage is perfection in this also playing a younger version of himself in his head 

Tom Gormican's Direction and Insanely funny script with Kevin Etten

Pedro Pascal is also perfect in this. 

Other performances from Sharon Horgan, Tiffany Haddish, Ike Barinholtz, Alessandra Mastronardi, and Neil Patrick Harris

Surprise cameos. 

Its comepletly a Bonlers Nick Cage film. 

The Bad
Nothing I fucking loved it 

Final Thoughts: Thos might be the comedy of the year easily cause your gonna laugh your ass off. 

Overall Grade: A+

unbearable_weight_of_massive_talent_ver4.thumb.jpg.daea901aef46fb4662a0a11b4de38ca7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Belle - Review (2022) 

The Good
Mamoru Hosoda Direction and Screenplay  dude just keeps improving his craft in becoming 1 of the best anime directors working today. 

The Story obviously iis Beauty and the Beast, but told somewhat same and somewhat different ways and he obviously took somestuff from the Disney film. 

The Gorgeous Animation and even though I'm not a fan of CG anime, this had good CG. 

The songs are really good. 

The Online world reminds me of Summer Wars. 

The Twist is unpredictable and i definitely didn't see it coming. 

The Bad
Some of the story goes in different places like some scenes  that are just random . 

Final Thoughts: Belle is another great movie for Mamoru Hosoda. 

Overall Grade: A-

belle-theatrical-poster.thumb.jpg.196ec1c3818b7a050cdb24b70e455d84.jpg

The Northman - Review (2022)

The Good
Robert Eggers Phenomenal Direction and the way he creates the atmosphere. 

The Writing from Eggers and Sjón is great. 

The Performances from Alexander Skarsgård, Nicole Kidman, Claes Bang, Anya Taylor-Joy, Ethan Hawke, and Willem Dafoe are amazing and some nearly Award Worthy. 

Björk's character design looks sick. 

The brutal kills. 

The Production scope is amazing. 

Jarin Blaschke's Beautiful Cinematography. 

Robin Carolan and Sebastian Gainsborough badass score. 

The Finale you see in the trailers "The Gates of Hell" Battle is awesome

The Bad
Nothing.

Final Thoughts: If you love Vikings and Revenge films your in forna fucking treat as Robert Eggwrs keeps kicking ass. 

THE_NORTHMAN_Dig_1-SHT_Dom_Payoff_FIN01_DOLBY-1.thumb.jpg.670deaca4b5df8cc5d0a2c9c6e38092c.jpg

• Like 1

Jujutsu Kaisen 0 - Review (2022)

The Good
If you already love Jujutsu Kaisen your gonna love this, but you can also watch this without watching season 1 since this is a prequel.

Yuta Okkotsu is great new character who comes later in the manga i believe and his tragic backstory is interesting.

Giving more backstory for Satoru Gojo which weren't in the manga and more scene for Suguru Geto

Maki Zennin, Toge Inumaki, and Oanda get more focus which i love cause their awesome in Season 1. 

The fights holy shit. 

The gorgeous Animation from MAPPA

The Score from Hiroaki Tsutsumi, Yoshimasa Terui, and Alisa Okehazama

The Bad
Pretty Predictable,not a huge bad thing, but still. 

Final Thoughts: Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is a great anime film to hold fans off for Season 2 comes whenever that may be.

Overall Grade: A

MV5BYzFmMjAwMDYtNzM0Zi00NjY2LWFjMjYtMGQ1OTRiZjk5YjJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMwODY5NDc2._V1_.thumb.jpg.347327903b538439273df94fa4153180.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Everything Everywhere All at Once - Review (2022)

The Good
Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert Brilliant Direction and their script which is also hilarious at times. 

Michelle Yeoh's gives one of her best performance of her career and shes definitely a badass in this. 

Ke Huy Quan is also a huge standout in this, its good to see him back onto acting, you may remember him in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and The Goonies. 

Stephanie Hsu is really funny. 

James Hong and Jamie Lee Curtis are also great. 

The Action sequences are fantastic. 

Each Universe she goes to get a certain technique is definitely imagitive. 

They way the film handles certain themes is very mature. 

Larkin Seiple's beautiful Cinematography. 

Son Lux's Score. 

The Bad 
Nothing. 

Final Thoughts: This movie was brilliant and definitely one of the best of the year. 

everything_everywhere_all_at_once_ver2.thumb.jpg.59a5dbb0e7ef83afc952c2cf3df6958e.jpg

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Review (2022)

The Good
Sam Raimi's crazy Direction is back as you can tell this is a Raimi film its wierd, has some good horror elements, and be definitely brings the campy stuff, but it works 

Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Steven Strange is still great as the character and is definitely having alot of fun in this movie. 

Elizabeth Olsen as Wanda Maximoff / Scarlet Witch is fantastic especially in this with some twist and turns if you didn't watch alot of the trailers or be spoiled by dumbasses on youtube, shes a badass and she brings alot of the emotional moments of the film, of course this only helps if you see WandaVision. 

Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez is a great new addition and her chemistry with Doctor Strange i liked. 

Benedict Wong as Wong is still great.

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Baron Mordo is good, but doesn't get alot to do to be honest, heres hoping Doctor Strange 3 he gets more to do. 

The Illuminati cameos are great and somewhat surprising, but really good fan service. 

Bruce Campbell's hilarious Cameo.

Theres alot of Strong Horror elements especially Evil Dead esque elements 

The Carnage Candy is fucking amazing and its on a whole nother level for the MCU and their very violent. 

The Cinematography is fantastic and the dutch angles are great. 

The Visual Effects are fucking amazing with some fucking awesome action sequences. 

Danny Elfman's score is awesome, especially in a certain scene that gave me goosebumps

It fully Embraces the wierdness. 

The First Post Credit Scene sets up Doctor Strange 3 which is very exciting. 

The Bad. 

The Script isn't the Best as it should be especially from Michael Waldron the writer of Rick and Morty, Heels and Loki.

The Pacing is incredibly Rushed as it just moves to one scene to another without giving certain scenes time to breathe. 

Rachal McAdams as Christine Palmer was wasted in the first movie and shes still wasted. 

Final Thoughts: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness isn't perfect, but Marvel Studios and Disney still gave Sam Raimi creative freedom to make the movie his own way, but staying in the MCU and its one hell of a fun time and thats what really matters. 

Overall Grade: B+

final-1.thumb.png.e8bc21159bf4707124a0091a0419f85e.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I just saw Dr. Strange 2 and OMG it was amazing.  Granted not quite as amazing as the first one but still an amazing film nonetheless.

Grade: A-

Yeah i was leaning on A- and B+ i need to see it again tbh 

• Like 1