DSP Gaming

Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

MasterOfAwesomeness

3 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Well cough the other guy is gonna be in 3, but if Metal Sonic could be cause it could be a somewhat ripoff of Godzilla vs. Kong lol 

Also gonna give Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers a B+

chip_n_dale_rescue_rangers_ver3.thumb.jpg.ad6618561dc61796571ebb53aff8bbac.jpg

I saw clips of this, looks interesting.

Edited by MDCFAN101

12 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

You would love it leta just say in this world the Snyderverse was revived XD

Really, that's interesting.

Speaking of the Snyderverse, I'm going to talk about it on Comic Book Talk either later tonight or tomorrow so stay tuned for that.

Top Gun: Maverick - Review (2022)

The Good
Tom Cruise is excellent again as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell

Joseph Kosinski's directs the hell out of this movie definitely his best film to date. 

The writing from Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and Christopher McQuarrie who add alot of humor the original barely had. 

Miles Teller as Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw the son of Goose is also great and the Dynamic with him and Maverick is one of the best things in the movie. 

Jennifer Connelly is good, but kinda feels unnecessary only cause this movie is nostalgic and has to play on 80's nostalgia romance, doesn' hurt the movie though. 

Yes Val Kilmer as Tom "Iceman" Kazansky is this movie and even though he can't talk much its the way he expresses himself is still excellent. 

The Supporting Cast is great as well from Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, Ed Harris, Jay Ellis, Danny Ramirez, Greg Tarzan Davis, and more.

The Dog Fights and when their in the fighter jets is Phenomenal since their actually in them which gives the feel of danger to the film. 

Also what makes the fighter jet stuff awesome the cast had to basically direct themselves and had to run their cameras in the jets which is awesome. 

Theres no Volleyball scene, but there is beach football with a excellent song from One Republic. 

The Finale is intense. 

The Score/Soundtrack from Harold Faltermeyer, Hans Zimmer, Lorne Balfe, and Lady Gaga

"Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins..... that is all. 

"Hold My Hand" by Lady Gaga is great. 

The Bad 
Nothing 

Final Thoughts: Top Gun: Maverick is a movie that should of failed especially being now 36 years since the original, but thanks to Tom Cruise and etc they made a film that is very nostalgic, but also surpasses the original film on every aspect. 

Overall Grade: A+

top-gun-maverick-poster.thumb.jpg.b3b8b6628fb0d126e0c074ad243e537a.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Top Gun: Maverick - Review (2022)

The Good
Tom Cruise is excellent again as Pete "Maverick" Mitchell

Joseph Kosinski's directs the hell out of this movie definitely his best film to date. 

The writing from Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and Christopher McQuarrie who add alot of humor the original barely had. 

Miles Teller as Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw the son of Goose is also great and the Dynamic with him and Maverick is one of the best things in the movie. 

Jennifer Connelly is good, but kinda feels unnecessary only cause this movie is nostalgic and has to play on 80's nostalgia romance, doesn' hurt the movie though. 

Yes Val Kilmer as Tom "Iceman" Kazansky is this movie and even though he can't talk much its the way he expresses himself is still excellent. 

The Supporting Cast is great as well from Jon Hamm, Glen Powell, Lewis Pullman, Ed Harris, Jay Ellis, Danny Ramirez, Greg Tarzan Davis, and more.

The Dog Fights and when their in the fighter jets is Phenomenal since their actually in them which gives the feel of danger to the film. 

Also what makes the fighter jet stuff awesome the cast had to basically direct themselves and had to run their cameras in the jets which is awesome. 

Theres no Volleyball scene, but there is beach football with a excellent song from One Republic. 

The Finale is intense. 

The Score/Soundtrack from Harold Faltermeyer, Hans Zimmer, Lorne Balfe, and Lady Gaga

"Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins..... that is all. 

"Hold My Hand" by Lady Gaga is great. 

The Bad 
Nothing 

Final Thoughts: Top Gun: Maverick is a movie that should of failed especially being now 36 years since the original, but thanks to Tom Cruise and etc they made a film that is very nostalgic, but also surpasses the original film on every aspect. 

Overall Grade: A+

top-gun-maverick-poster.thumb.jpg.b3b8b6628fb0d126e0c074ad243e537a.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jurassic World: Dominion - Review (2022)

The Good
Chris Pratt's Owen Grady and Bryce Dallas Howard's Claire Dearing are better in this one with a fun script and their not argueing the whole time like Fallen Kingdom. 

Sam Neill as Dr. Alan Grant, Laura Dern as Dr. Ellie Sattler, and Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm are all great and give really great performances and have alot of screen time than i ever thought they would've had. 

Colin Trevorrow's Direction i thought was pretty good just like the first Jurassic World, but i a little bit more.

Colin Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael pretty fun script. 

Isabella Sermon as Maisie Lockwood is better in this fiom as shes not annoying as she was in Fallen Kingdom and this fiom explains the dumb cloning shit from that movie as well. 

Michael Giacchino's beautiful score. 

The Visual Effects are great and I think there is some practical effects. 

It actually feels like a true conclusion to the franchise. 

The third act is pretty great. 

The Bad 
Campbell Scott's Dr. Lewis Dodgson is a generic villain. 

DeWanda Wise's character just feels like someone who woudl get them from point A to Point B basically and Mamoudou Athie is only useful a couple of times. 

Certain characters are wasted like Omar Sy, BD Wong, Justice Smith, and Daniella Pineda

The whole locus shit you see in the trailer is pretty dumb. 

Final Thoughts: Jurassic World: Dominion isn't a perfect conclusion to the franchise, but still a really fun movie. 

Overall Grade: B+

jurassic_world_dominion_ver6.thumb.jpg.42b8dbf99baa029db56729b65d179111.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 5:33 AM, sateler96 said:

Jurassic World: Dominion - Review (2022)

The Good
Chris Pratt's Owen Grady and Bryce Dallas Howard's Claire Dearing are better in this one with a fun script and their not argueing the whole time like Fallen Kingdom. 

Sam Neill as Dr. Alan Grant, Laura Dern as Dr. Ellie Sattler, and Jeff Goldblum as Dr. Ian Malcolm are all great and give really great performances and have alot of screen time than i ever thought they would've had. 

Colin Trevorrow's Direction i thought was pretty good just like the first Jurassic World, but i a little bit more.

Colin Trevorrow and Emily Carmichael pretty fun script. 

Isabella Sermon as Maisie Lockwood is better in this fiom as shes not annoying as she was in Fallen Kingdom and this fiom explains the dumb cloning shit from that movie as well. 

Michael Giacchino's beautiful score. 

The Visual Effects are great and I think there is some practical effects. 

It actually feels like a true conclusion to the franchise. 

The third act is pretty great. 

The Bad 
Campbell Scott's Dr. Lewis Dodgson is a generic villain. 

DeWanda Wise's character just feels like someone who woudl get them from point A to Point B basically and Mamoudou Athie is only useful a couple of times. 

Certain characters are wasted like Omar Sy, BD Wong, Justice Smith, and Daniella Pineda

The whole locus shit you see in the trailer is pretty dumb. 

Final Thoughts: Jurassic World: Dominion isn't a perfect conclusion to the franchise, but still a really fun movie. 

jurassic_world_dominion_ver6.thumb.jpg.42b8dbf99baa029db56729b65d179111.jpg

Penguinz0 gave this a 40% wtf lol

2 hours ago, Darksphere992 said:

i mean Penguinz0 is also the kind of person who didnt like Wizard of Oz.

Seriously?  He doesn't like the Wizard of Oz?!  That's new.

37 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Sounds like a crime to heing a film buff 

LOL!!!

Lightyear- Movie Review

The Positives:

• The animation, character designs, and character models are phenomenal.
  • The story is amazing.  At least IMO anyway.
  • The humor throughout the film is hysterical.
  • The action throughout the film is off the chain.
  • The voice acting throughout the film is top notch.  While James Brolin does a great job in voicing Zurg, the star of the film, at least to me, is Chris Evans voicing Buzz Lightyear.  He did a great job voicing the character.

Negatives/Nitpicks:

• None.  I absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

Overview: Lightyear is without a doubt in my mind another gem from Pixar and Disney.  So far, it is my favorite film  of the year.

Grade: A+

image.thumb.png.b18f37b5a51fa752192f8245cf3d142d.png

• Upvote 1

The Bob's Burgers Movie - Review (2022)

The Good
The Shows Voice Cast is always great. 

Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman Direction are great. 

The script is very funny and clever with call backs from previous episodes. 

The Animation is given a bigger budget and it looks great. 

The Songs are incredibly catchy

The Bad
Its a pretty simple story somewhat. 

Final Thoughts: Just Like The Simpsons Movie, this is a very special film for the respected tv series, which i still dont know why Family Guy never made theirs. 

Overall Grade: A

bobs_burgers_the_movie_ver4.thumb.jpg.a224dc0bb9f59f5270cab7bc67fe14a2.jpg

4 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

The Bob's Burgers Movie - Review (2022)

The Good
The Shows Voice Cast is always great. 

Loren Bouchard and Bernard Derriman Direction are great. 

The script is very funny and clever with call backs from previous episodes. 

The Animation is given a bigger budget and it looks great. 

The Songs are incredibly catchy

The Bad
Its a pretty simple story somewhat. 

Final Thoughts: Just Like The Simpsons Movie, this is a very special film for the respected tv series, which i still dont know why Family Guy never made theirs. 

Overall Grade: A

bobs_burgers_the_movie_ver4.thumb.jpg.a224dc0bb9f59f5270cab7bc67fe14a2.jpg

Glad you enjoyed this movie as well as my review of the Lightyear movie.

BTW, tomorrow on Father's Day, my family and I are going to watch the Father Stu movie on Xfinity on Demand.  

Stay tuned for that review as well.

Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero - Review (2022)

The Good
Gohan and Piccolo getting character development is always a good thing. 

When they so show Goku, Vegeta, Broly, Beerus and Whis ita more interesting than the actual main plot. 

The Last 30 mins definitely make up for the weak main plot. 

The Bad 
The CG Animation is trash i dont know why they went with this style. 

The Return of the Red Ribbon Army is lame, the 2 androids are basically puppets like i figured they would be, and yes the finap boss im sure you can guess who it is is LAME. 

Barely any Goku, Vegeta, and Broly especially being a sequel to Broly

Its incredibly boring

They made the Gohan meme real and now hes strong than Goku, Vegeta , and Broly is pretty ridiculous. 

Alot of stuff like hey you remember this shit. 

It feels like filler and sadly this is now canon. 

Goten and Trunks are wasted and so is Gotenks used for dumb humor. 

Gohan and Piccolos new forms look ridiculous. 

Final Thoughts: Super Hero is prett much a disappointment for me who just wanted a proper follo up to the Broly film, and this is honestly why we havent gotten the Moro arc in Super anime, no terrible just a bery much on par with the non canon dBZ movies. 

Overall Grade: C

DBSSH_poster_with_new_release_date.thumb.jpg.009848938bf07468b04af0c943185c85.jpg

On 6/18/2022 at 5:39 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

Lightyear- Movie Review

The Positives:

• The animation, character designs, and character models are phenomenal.
  • The story is amazing.  At least IMO anyway.
  • The humor throughout the film is hysterical.
  • The action throughout the film is off the chain.
  • The voice acting throughout the film is top notch.  While James Brolin does a great job in voicing Zurg, the star of the film, at least to me, is Chris Evans voicing Buzz Lightyear.  He did a great job voicing the character.

Negatives/Nitpicks:

• None.  I absolutely and thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

Overview: Lightyear is without a doubt in my mind another gem from Pixar and Disney.  So far, it is my favorite film  of the year.

Grade: A+

image.thumb.png.b18f37b5a51fa752192f8245cf3d142d.png

Silly question but is this in the same universe as toy story? Like is the dude known as Buzz Lightyear an actual person in  Andy's world or is there not enough info provided to determine or is it a fictional piece in Andy's universe?

8 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

Silly question but is this in the same universe as toy story? Like is the dude known as Buzz Lightyear an actual person in  Andy's world or is there not enough info provided to determine or is it a fictional piece in Andy's universe?

The Lightyear movie is the movie Andy saw when he was a kid.  The Lightyear movie then turned out to be Andy's favorite movie.  The toy that Tim Allen voices in the Toy Story movies is based on the person that Chris Evans voices in the Lightyear movie.

• Upvote 1

Lightyear - Review (2022)

The Good
Angus MacLane's Direction. 

Chris Evans as Buzz Lightyear is great 

Peter Sohn as Sox steals every scene. 

The other voice cast Keke Palmer as Izzy Hawthorne, Taika Waititi as Mo Morrison, Uzo Aduba as Alisha Hawthorne, Dale Soules as Darby Steel

The Animation is definitely the best to date for Pixar

I thought the humor was pretty good and stull has the heart of a pixar film. 

Michael Giacchino's score is Phenomenal. 

The Fan Service and Easter Eggs are great. 

Basically this is the movie that made Andy fall in love with the Toy. 

The Bad
James Brolin as Emperor Zurg hes good, but hes barely in the film and i thought the twist was pretty lame and doesn't make sense to whats already established in Toy Story lore. 

Even though iblove its the film Andy saw it should of been so much better than it should of cause saying this is his star wars   is underwhelming cause Star Wars blew people away, this won't especially since it bombed. 

The Screenplay is pretty straight forward and copies from other films better especially Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Final Thoughts: Lightyear is still an enjoyable and fun film even with all its faults, but its definitely  not gonna be the best animated film of the year or best movie of the year as i was hoping it would be as Turning Red, The Bad Guys, and The Bob's Burgers Movie are better animated films than this. 

LIGHTYEAR_Payoff_Light_1s_v10.0_Mech5_FS.thumb.jpg.b26351ad9a03f904bdf6587ae0fa184d.jpg

40 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Lightyear - Review (2022)

The Good
Angus MacLane's Direction. 

Chris Evans as Buzz Lightyear is great 

Peter Sohn as Sox steals every scene. 

The other voice cast Keke Palmer as Izzy Hawthorne, Taika Waititi as Mo Morrison, Uzo Aduba as Alisha Hawthorne, Dale Soules as Darby Steel

The Animation is definitely the best to date for Pixar

I thought the humor was pretty good and stull has the heart of a pixar film. 

Michael Giacchino's score is Phenomenal. 

The Fan Service and Easter Eggs are great. 

Basically this is the movie that made Andy fall in love with the Toy. 

The Bad
James Brolin as Emperor Zurg hes good, but hes barely in the film and i thought the twist was pretty lame and doesn't make sense to whats already established in Toy Story lore. 

Even though iblove its the film Andy saw it should of been so much better than it should of cause saying this is his star wars   is underwhelming cause Star Wars blew people away, this won't especially since it bombed. 

The Screenplay is pretty straight forward and copies from other films better especially Christopher Nolan's Interstellar

Final Thoughts: Lightyear is still an enjoyable and fun film even with all its faults, but its definitely  not gonna be the best animated film of the year or best movie of the year as i was hoping it would be as Turning Red, The Bad Guys, and The Bob's Burgers Movie are better animated films than this. 

LIGHTYEAR_Payoff_Light_1s_v10.0_Mech5_FS.thumb.jpg.b26351ad9a03f904bdf6587ae0fa184d.jpg

Glad you enjoyed the film at least.