Movie Review Thread 4.0: The Unnecessary Reboot

MasterOfAwesomeness

Black Adam - Review (2022)

The Good
The Rock as Black Adam is good and obviously does carry the movie from being ass. 

Alot of the action and Black Adam killing people even though its bad guys.....

The JSA are cool even though kinda forced unto the movie. 

The Post Credit Scene is great, but not enough to save a mediocre movie. 

The Bad
Jaume Collet-Serra's Bland direction wasn't the right fit

The writing is meh

Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson / Doctor Fate was good as the character, but don't expect to probably see this version of the character again lol because DCEU barely develops any characters. 

Aldis Hodge as Carter Hall / Hawkman was meh. 

The Editing is ass. 

Its too over stuffed with shit. 

The 3rd Act is Ass and loses any fun the first 2 acts had thanks to the forced shitty villain Ishmael Gregor / Sabbac. 

Visual Effects were very spotty

Final Thoughts: Black Adam is no where the Game Changer that WB and The Rock wants you to think its no where near the best Comic Book Movies, if you rhi k that then im sorry your blind cause The Batman is better than this meh. 

In terms of good movies
Shazam - 1
Black Adam - 0

Overall Grade: D+

black_adam_ver4.thumb.jpg.717dbaf5fc94789fea0ecad6d0b6df5c.jpg

Edited by sateler96

30 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Black Adam - Review (2022)

The Good
The Rock as Black Adam is good and obviously does carry the movie from being ass. 

Alot of the action and Black Adam killing people even though its bad guys.....

The JSA are cool even though kinda forced unto the movie. 

The Post Credit Scene is great, but not enough to save a mediocre movie. 

The Bad
Jaume Collet-Serra's Bland direction wasn't the right fit

The writing is meh

Pierce Brosnan as Kent Nelson / Doctor Fate was good as the character, but don't expect to probably see this version of the character again lol because DCEU barely develops any characters. 

Aldis Hodge as Carter Hall / Hawkman was meh. 

The Editing is ass. 

Its too over stuffed with shit. 

The 3rd Act is Ass and loses any fun the first 2 acts had thanks to the forced shitty villain Ishmael Gregor / Sabbac. 

Visual Effects were very spotty

Final Thoughts: Black Adam is no where the Game Changer that WB and The Rock wants you to think its no where near the best Comic Book Movies, if you rhi k that then im sorry your blind cause The Batman is better than this meh. 

In terms of good movies
Shazam - 1
Black Adam - 0

Overall Grade: C-

black_adam_ver4.thumb.jpg.717dbaf5fc94789fea0ecad6d0b6df5c.jpg

Stay tuned for my review.

Black Adam- Review

The Positives:

• The story, despite some inconsistencies, I thought was real solid for the most part.
  • The action sequences throughout the film were amazing.
  • The CGI, visuals, and special effects were top notch.
  • I thought Jaume Collet-Serra's direction was pretty solid for the most part.  I loved how he honored both the characters of Black Adam and the JSA.
  • The acting throughout this movie was awesome.  You have Noah Centineo as Atom Smasher, Sarah Sashi as Adrianna Tomaz, Aldis Hodge as Hawkman, Quintessa Swindel as Cyclone, Djimon Hounsou as the wizard Shazam, and Viola Davis as Amanda Waller.  However, the two stars of the film IMO were Pierce Bronson as Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate & Dwayne Johnson as Teth-Adam/Black Adam.  Pierce Bronson did a phenomenal job portraying the character of Kent Nelson/Doctor Fate.  He really did the character honor and justice.  As for Mr. Dwayne Johnson, he was an absolute badass as Black Adam.
  • The mid credit scene was awesome.  I just hope it leads to somewhere and somewhere good.

The Negatives/Nitpicks:

• As I said earlier, there were some inconsistencies with the story.
  • I wish they would've given Dwayne Johnson Black Adam's pointy ears from the comics.  This is a nitpick btw.
  • Also a nitpick, I wish they would've given the JSA more members like Alan Scott/Green Lantern, Jay Garrick/Flash, Wildcat, Hourman, and Doctor Midnight.
  • While Sabbac wasn't exactly terrible IMO, I felt he was just there you know.
  • I have to agree with @sateler96, the editing is not very good.

Overview: While not exactly a game changer nor quite as good as the new Batman, I still that Black Adam is a very fun and entertaining comic book film.

Grade: A-

On 10/13/2022 at 11:46 PM, sateler96 said:

Halloween Ends - Review (2022)

The Good
Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode is always great no matter of how piss poor the movie and the script is. 

The Mixed 
Using Don't Fear the Reaper in a shit movie. 

The Ending I'm happy i guess? I just felt there was abetter way for this story to end like 2 fucking movies ago. 

The Bad
David Gordon Green's very questionable direction once again showing the mother fucker never understood Michael Myers like John Carpenter shit least Rob Zombie's films never got this stupid. 

The Script is all over the place as 4 fucking people wrote it, the way people talk are not how people talk at all. 

Whole Opening Sequence is Dumb and Cringe.

You't Don't see Michael for like 40 fucking minutes then you see him ever other time. 

James Jude Courtney and Nick Castle as Michael Myers / The Shape is barely in the movie and really bot that great for some reason shows compassion for Coreyearly in the movie and somehow gives him the evil, i dont even know how that was possible

Rohan Campbell as Corey is a dumb character and his story doesn't go anywhere.

Andi Matichak as Allyson Nelson is a idiot the whole movie. 

Will Patton as Deputy Frank Hawkins is also wasted. 

The Forced Romance between Allyson and Corey its so bad it Rivals how bad Anakin and Padme'a Romance was in Attack of the Clones. 

Kyle Richards as Lindsey Wallace is wasted. 

Omar Dorsey as The Sheriff once again doesn't do shit. 

The 4 kid actors that bully Corey were terrible. 

The woman that works with Allyson acting was ass. 

Some wierd incest shit happend with Coreys mom trying to kiss him (Spoilers i guess who cares)

It has vibes of Friday the 13th: Part V - A New Beginning. 

The kills aren't even that great. 

John Carpenter, Cody Carpenter, and Daniel Davies

Final Thoughts: This is the movie that David Gordon Green wanted to tell to finally end this story well its shit and is definitely one of the worst Halloween movies to date. 

Overall Grade: Fuck You

Halloween-Ends-Poster-scaled.thumb.jpg.d1cbb88a2b59af7e224714c95039e351.jpg

Terrorfier 2 - Review (2022)

The Good
Damien Leone's Direction and Script since you feel its all his crazy ass ideas and not some studio trying to fuck with something or have terrible ideas (cough Halloween Ends). 

Lauren LaVera's badass Performance. 

David Howard Thornton as Art the Clown is Phenomenal showing this a new horror icon. 

George Steuber's Cinematography 

Rostislav Vaynshtok and Paul Wiley's very retro sounding Score. 

The Brutal gory kills (even though I thought 1 was very mean spirited and made me feel uncomfortable.)

The practical effects are amazing. 

Chris Jericho's fun cameo

The Mid Credit scene setting up a 3rd fiom even though i have more questions. 

The Mixed
I guess the film givjng me way more questions than answers. 

The Bad
Nothing really

Final Thoughts: I thought this was very big improvement over the first Terrorfier and even All Hallow's Eve, this is one of the best uncomfortable horror movies i have watched in a long time. 

Overall Grade: A+

FB_IMG_1662078713007.thumb.jpg.a3b664a54d51f7af10198fc73abc818b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Review (2022)

The Good
Ryan Coogler's Direction i say even better here than the first movie as he puts more Emotional Weight in the film as ita morw serious with a few comedy here and there , but ita subtle unlike Thor: Love and Thunder which didn't work. 

The Steong Tribute to Chadwick Boseman. 

Letitia Wright as Shuri finally stands on her own and carries this movie as she gives a emotional performance as someone who just lost her brother she shows the emotional weight. 

Angela Bassett as Ramonda gives a Oscar worthy performance 

Tenoch Huerta Mejía as Namor is a great villain even though hes not evil you understand where hes coming from, but just soing the wrong choices

Lupita Nyong'o as Nakia also brings more life into the movie. 

Danai Gurira as Okoye is always great

Dominique Thorne as Riri Williams / Ironheart is great as she brings alot of life in her scenes and good debut for her character before show show comes out next year. 

Winston Duke as M'Baku is even better in this movie. 

Michaela Coel as Aneka is also good. 

The Action Sequences are much better and more exciting as it feels bigger as a sequel should be especially in the 3rd act. 

The Visual Effects are definitely better 

Ludwig Göransson'a Phenomenal Score. 

A great surprising cameo

The Post Credit scene is very moving

Rihanna'a Lifr Me Up is great. 

The Bad
Martin Freeman as Everett K. Ross and Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Valentina Allegra de Fontaine who are great, i just don't think their scenes besides 1 with just Martin Freeman was really neccessary. 

Final Thoughts: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever i think is a even better sequel than the first movie in alot of ways minus having Chadwick which will always be missed, but Coogler did a Impossible job in making a sequel without such a great character ita like how James Wan went through with Paul Walker in Furious 7 and i think Coogler nailed it. 

Overall Grade: A

FB_IMG_1668177646913.thumb.jpg.a55825811cb4f4f47928542b2bd2460d.jpg

On 10/13/2022 at 11:46 PM, sateler96 said:

Halloween Ends - Review (2022)

The Good
Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode is always great no matter of how piss poor the movie and the script is. 

The Mixed 
Using Don't Fear the Reaper in a shit movie. 

The Ending I'm happy i guess? I just felt there was abetter way for this story to end like 2 fucking movies ago. 

The Bad
David Gordon Green's very questionable direction once again showing the mother fucker never understood Michael Myers like John Carpenter shit least Rob Zombie's films never got this stupid. 

The Script is all over the place as 4 fucking people wrote it, the way people talk are not how people talk at all. 

Whole Opening Sequence is Dumb and Cringe.

You't Don't see Michael for like 40 fucking minutes then you see him ever other time. 

James Jude Courtney and Nick Castle as Michael Myers / The Shape is barely in the movie and really bot that great for some reason shows compassion for Coreyearly in the movie and somehow gives him the evil, i dont even know how that was possible

Rohan Campbell as Corey is a dumb character and his story doesn't go anywhere.

Andi Matichak as Allyson Nelson is a idiot the whole movie. 

Will Patton as Deputy Frank Hawkins is also wasted. 

The Forced Romance between Allyson and Corey its so bad it Rivals how bad Anakin and Padme'a Romance was in Attack of the Clones. 

Kyle Richards as Lindsey Wallace is wasted. 

Omar Dorsey as The Sheriff once again doesn't do shit. 

The 4 kid actors that bully Corey were terrible. 

The woman that works with Allyson acting was ass. 

Some wierd incest shit happend with Coreys mom trying to kiss him (Spoilers i guess who cares)

It has vibes of Friday the 13th: Part V - A New Beginning. 

The kills aren't even that great. 

John Carpenter, Cody Carpenter, and Daniel Davies

Final Thoughts: This is the movie that David Gordon Green wanted to tell to finally end this story well its shit and is definitely one of the worst Halloween movies to date. 

Overall Grade: Fuck You

Halloween-Ends-Poster-scaled.thumb.jpg.d1cbb88a2b59af7e224714c95039e351.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, sateler96 said:

Terrorfier 2 - Review (2022)

The Brutal gory kills (even though I thought 1 was very mean spirited and made me feel uncomfortable.)

I watched both movies back to back for Halloween and there's always one crazy over the top death.

First movie was the selfie girl who gets cut in half with the saw while hanging upside down.

Second movie was definitely the girl getting scalped then having salt and bleach poured on her wounds.

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

I watched both movies back to back for Halloween and there's always one crazy over the top death.

First movie was the selfie girl who gets cut in half with the saw while hanging upside down.

Second movie was definitely the girl getting scalped then having salt and bleach poured on her wounds.

Yup that definitely made me feel uncomfortable like i see why people got sick watching it i have a strong stomach but jesus they made her character all nice and shes get the most vicious kill