DSP Gaming

The Random Cancelation-TV Shows Review

MDCFAN101

6 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

What If...? (Season 1) - Review (2021)

The Good
The Animation is beautiful

Jeffrey Wright as The Watcher is great. 

The Voice Cast from returning and replacing some actors you can go check Wiki for the huge voice cast. 

I say the best episodes were What If... T'Challa Became a Star-Lord?, What If... Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?, What If... Zombies?!, What If... Thor Were an Only Child?, Episodes 8 and 9 that I won't spoil. 

The Easter Eggs in each episode 

It can be for famlies and still be dark. 

The Bad
I say the weakest episode was What If... Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?

The voice actress they got for Pepper Potts didn't even sound like her. 

Final Thoughts: What If's Firest season is another win for Marvel Studios and can't wait for the 2nd season.

Overall Grade: A-what_if_marvel.thumb.jpg.28765b2bee1ae75dd42e9b494f9c17d3.jpg

I watched the first two episodes yesterday at my girlfriend's place.

I gotta say, it looks really good to me so far.

37 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

I wonder how the what if canon will be incorporated into the live action MCU stuff. I thought I saw somewhere that the "what if" series is considered canon.

They are they said some could be live action in future they even considered Chadwick playing StarLord in live action, but so far this isnt leadingnto Avengers 5 unlike the other stuff like thebmain villain of Loki being other stuff

Heels (Season 1) - Review (2021)

The Good
Stephen Amell's performance as Jack Spade is his best yet as this is thebperfect show for Amell since he is a diehard wrestling fan. 

Alexander Ludwig as Ace Spade is great as well

Alison Luff as Staci Spade, Jack's wife brings alot of the emotion and has a amazing voice. 

Kelli Berglund as Crystal Tyler is almost the person your kinda rooting for. 

Chris Bauer as Will Bill Handcock steals almost every scene he is in. 

Mary McCormack as Willie Day, Allen Maldonado as Rooster, Former Steelers star James Harrison as Apocalypse shows he can act are all good. 

Mike O'Malley as Charlie Gully as the owner of FWD who only care about attraction instead of stories kinda like how Vince McMahon in doing with WWE just without Violence. 

Wrestling References. 

Wrestlers cameo on the show Phil Brooks "CM Punk as Ricky Rabies and Mick Foley as a Podcaste, hopefully Season 2 gets more wrestlers to cameo from All Elite Wrestling. 

Some great twist and turns especially the season finale. 

So many storylines set up for Season 2. 

The Bad
Nothing 

Final Thoughts: Heels is a show for people who love wrestling, but if you don't I'm sure you will still love it since it has great characters and hopefully it gets renewed. 

Overall Grade: A+

heels_ver2.thumb.jpg.aa2115cbab4fcc65abff6155fb377add.jpg

• 1 month later...

Cowboy Bebop - Season 1 - Review (2021)

The Good
John Cho as Spike Spiegel and Mustafa Shakir as Jet Black are great. 

Welsh Corgi dog actors, Charlie & Harry, portray Ein are adorable. 

The music. 

The Bad
Daniella Pineda is not Faye Valentine, she doesn't act like her one bit. 

Elena Satine as Julia is annoying

Alex Hassell as Vicious is meh as fuck compared to the anime hes terrible. 

The bland souless action sequences 

Alot of Forced humor and its bad. 

Inconsistent Visuals. 

The reason the anime works so much is that each episode is 20 somthing minutes each episode felt too fucking long and draggged. 

Final Thought: Cowboy Bebop fails at trying to be a Live Action version of a Masterpiece in Anime, hopefully theres no Season 2, but you know some people are atupid who wont watch anime. 

Overall Grade: D-

cowboy_bebop_ver9.thumb.jpg.266bbfc969e718bb2de3872c8021b670.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hawkeye (Limited Series) - Review (2021)

The Good
Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton / Hawkeye is still great now with more depth showing his hearing loss and the pain he had to deal with during the 5 years after the snap and showing the consequences of that. 

Hailee Steinfeld as Kate Bishop is great new addition to the MCU as she is just fun and the chemistry with Renner is great. 

Alaqua Cox as Maya Lopez / Echo was amazing and badass and definitely made me want to see her spinoff show now. 

Lucky the Pizza Dog is adorable. 

When we get to episode 3 the show just becomes great and doesn't stop leading up to a fantastic finale episode. 

Florence Pugh as Yelena Belova / Black Widow kills it again as the character. 

The Big Bad Villain surprise just elevates this show even more

The Action gets great by episode 3

The depth of emotion is high and showing more love to geound level heroes. 

The christmas theme is great. 

The post credit scene for episode 6 is hilarious. 

The Bad 
The First 2 episodes do take awhile to get going and the action sequences in them weren't the greatest. 

Vera Farmiga as Kates Mom and Tony Dalton as the moms fiance are annoying. 

Final Thoughts: Hawkeye did its job at elevating the character and introducing Kate Bishop, but also adding more on other characters especially the surprise one which i already figured he would be in it. 

Overall Grade: A-

hawkeye-poster-8686824.thumb.jpeg.18ce0c8eefc56d2ce34cebc30ce08a39.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gonna Give Upload (Season 2) a B, Season 1 i loved an gave a A-, but this season while still funny, has great character moments, just feels a little rushed and ends abruptly feeling like more of a set up for Season 3 also this season is 3 episodes shorter so while good for binging still hurts by ending the season too fast. 

upload_ver3.thumb.jpg.00755dbcb810b20c894786925e141682.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Russian Doll (Season 2) - Review (2022)

The Good
Natasha Lyonne gives another award worthy performance as Nadia and i even say her performance was better this season cause it was much deeper and personal. 

Charlie Barnett as Alan is still great. 

Elizabeth Ashley as Ruth i say also gives a award worthy performance. 

Sharlto Copley was a great new addtion to this season 

Same with Annie Murphy (won't spoil who she plays)

Other performances that i won't spoil were great. 

This Season feels more personal, dakeer and deeper than S1. 

The new "Thing"this season is great

The Ending is sorta like S1 it just leaving to hopefully the 3rd season to give you the answers you want hopefully. 

The soundtrack and music choices are fantastic. 

The Bad
Alan's Sub Story resolution felt kinda rushed maybe having a extra episode could of benefited since this season is only 7 and not 8. 

Greta Lee as Maxine i just can't stand her character.  

Final Thoughts: Russian Doll S2 is a great follow up to the amazing first season even though we had to wait 3 years. 

Overall Grade: A-

AAAAQT68KEzvtIWgHa_5QOClyhz8bqwn7oM2PTkcmjXff6viuShrAe0JsAT5UODbGR70uBMzqOpI51MlEHr3vroTzG6jvvHZuNWK-KgppJO6HIy_8Qk7oMdwmj3FwxOWErJl7WYzxKsyXsogkUJ6QKhwe5.thumb.jpg.e86ffa843c6dc3e2bb99f3a8c8f5f8e5.jpg