DSP Gaming

I am a youtube red subscriber, how does that affect Phil??

RichterTryhard

Why  didn't you just install adblocker? Even Phil said YouTube Red is irrelevant and should just install an adblocker. Of course this was before the contract negotiation that now requires him to be paid by ad-revenue.

But anyways, no it doesn't affect Phil and he still gets paid for your view while on YouTube Red.

Yes, YouTube Red is the equivalent of being a "sub" on Twitch. Your view counts as revenue for me regardless if you see ads or not. It actually breaks it down in my Analytics, but sadly it's just a dollar amount, not a "number of YouTube Red users who watched your vid" kind of thing. So I couldn't tell you how much it actually benefits me, I just know it somehow does.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes, YouTube Red is the equivalent of being a "sub" on Twitch. Your view counts as revenue for me regardless if you see ads or not. It actually breaks it down in my Analytics, but sadly it's just a dollar amount, not a "number of YouTube Red users who watched your vid" kind of thing. So I couldn't tell you how much it actually benefits me, I just know it somehow does.

Ah I see. Thank you for the info Phil. I was just curious.

On 11/2/2016 at 10:13 PM, RichterTryhard said:

Ah I see. Thank you for the info Phil. I was just curious.

To explain, it depends HOW MUCH of Phil you watch. You see, YouTube takes some of you 10 bucks. The rest is split up between who you watch.

So let's say you ONLY watched Phil, he'd get all of the money YouTube doesn't take. However, the more YouTubers you Watch, the more it gets divided. This is ESPECIALLY true for YouTube RED Original Series.

Still, you're guaranteed to give Phil some cash for using YouTube RED regardless of View time.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh i see. I had no idea. I watch quite alot of youtubers.. Youtube is like the main thing I watch. Thank you for the information. 

On 11/3/2016 at 6:38 AM, Tahdel said:

Thx Richter for watching PhIl's content with Youtube Red. I know for a fact that your views are worth a lot more than watching with ads popping up especially if you watch the entire video.

No need for thanks. I just like supporting who I watch. And since youtube is what I mainly watch I am watching it on a console and TV.