DSP Gaming

Thoughts on the KOCC videos

Quaseemoto

19 minutes ago, CIA said:

How can you possibly extrapolate 50 people messaging you to the majority of your fans? I think you are very quick to project the opinions of a few people you agree with to your entire fanbase.

Congrats, you've taken a single line referencing a single instance as if it was the only thing that ever happened.

ORIGINALLY, about 50 people contacted me over the original TIHYDP video. Just so you know, that's a LOT. I get random messages all the time, but it's very rare to get a direct subject addressed by so many people all at once like that. But that was just in reference to the very first video ever made by EvilAJ. 

After tons of these things were getting pumped out, I was getting CONSTANTLY contacted by people about them. Mostly people who were horrified that the videos were legal and that I wasn't doing anything to take them down, since they portrayed me so negatively. In retrospect, the original EvilAJ videos did NOT do that as much as the ones made going forward after that, which were pretty pathetic and more for shock value than anything else. But at the time, the originals were the only ones out there, and when I had the amount of people talking to me about them daily, it was obvious they were severely bothering my fanbase.

It seems that YOU are very quick to assume that a single statement I make in regards to one particular situation is some kind of universal fact applying to everything infinitely over time. This is your shortcoming, not mine.

3 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Last entry has been the best of the 3 thus far for me but it went a little too quick, I think cutting the buildup to and after a death sort of defeats the real fun of it.

You are going to die in Dark Souls, there's no real big deal in that but what makes DSP's playthroughs so funny is the before and after a death and I don't think you can exclude that. 

Even if it extends the video by a good 15 or so minutes, I think you have to try and not go so quick in the transitions. 

Like for getting back on topic.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Congrats, you've taken a single line referencing a single instance as if it was the only thing that ever happened.

ORIGINALLY, about 50 people contacted me over the original TIHYDP video. Just so you know, that's a LOT. I get random messages all the time, but it's very rare to get a direct subject addressed by so many people all at once like that. But that was just in reference to the very first video ever made by EvilAJ. 

After tons of these things were getting pumped out, I was getting CONSTANTLY contacted by people about them. Mostly people who were horrified that the videos were legal and that I wasn't doing anything to take them down, since they portrayed me so negatively. In retrospect, the original EvilAJ videos did NOT do that as much as the ones made going forward after that, which were pretty pathetic and more for shock value than anything else. But at the time, the originals were the only ones out there, and when I had the amount of people talking to me about them daily, it was obvious they were severely bothering my fanbase.

It seems that YOU are very quick to assume that a single statement I make in regards to one particular situation is some kind of universal fact applying to everything infinitely over time. This is your shortcoming, not mine.

Your original premise was that the majority of your fans were massively against TIHYDP. If you don't provide good enough arguments to back this up, this is not a shortcoming of me. I can only criticize you on the things you say.

But even then, the fact that people contacted you regularly about this even after the fact is not statistically significant enough to make the the claim that most of your fanbase didn't like TIHYDP. Especially considering people who had no problems with it would have little reason to ever tell you about it.

2 hours ago, CIA said:

Your original premise was that the majority of your fans were massively against TIHYDP.

Actually, no, not at all. The majority of my fans didn't give a crap about it, because they liked my raw playthroughs and streams, and didn't care about anything outside of that. It was a splinter group of both those who were concerned and those who loved the TIHYDP stuff that blew it out of proportion, IMO. 

The problem with TIHYDP is that, at its core, it's one-sided and negative. So what happened was, as always happens with a fanbase, people were getting older and moving on from watching YouTube videos...but very few newcomers were coming in to replace them, because they'd seen TIHYDP and thought I was a clown IRL; that I was better to laugh AT than laugh WITH and therefore I didn't deserve to make a living doing this.

Without having a possible influx of new viewers to replace the old, my business dwindled. TIHYDP shut off people who weren't my fans from watching my stuff; that's how it hurt me long-term.

9 hours ago, Hazz3r said:

This is what we like to call a lie

Feel free to deny this all you want but this is what happened, I was one of those 'fans', and, unlike you, I have no reason to lie.

What a load of rubbish. You are throwing everyone into one basket.

I am a fan and disliked the concept of TIHYDP after seeing the intention of the uploader and the comments.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Actually, no, not at all. The majority of my fans didn't give a crap about it, because they liked my raw playthroughs and streams, and didn't care about anything outside of that. It was a splinter group of both those who were concerned and those who loved the TIHYDP stuff that blew it out of proportion, IMO. 

The problem with TIHYDP is that, at its core, it's one-sided and negative. So what happened was, as always happens with a fanbase, people were getting older and moving on from watching YouTube videos...but very few newcomers were coming in to replace them, because they'd seen TIHYDP and thought I was a clown IRL; that I was better to laugh AT than laugh WITH and therefore I didn't deserve to make a living doing this.

Without having a possible influx of new viewers to replace the old, my business dwindled. TIHYDP shut off people who weren't my fans from watching my stuff; that's how it hurt me long-term.

Don't feel too bad being a clown mister. If anything seeing your streams can almost seem a bit underwhelming if you are used to the fast editing in one of those. 
It is usually such a small portion of your raw material that is taken out of context. So regular phil can almost be a bit boring. 
You are not that bad in games, just made to look that way right? 
Crude humor, and blaming the game for your mistakes are some of your best qualities. And I am sure If you work with it. This KOCC will highlight that in a very positive way. 
It will take some time to turn the tide. But I would say things are starting to go in the right direction. 

Just now, LastRambo341 said:

I still do not know why people get so emotional when Phil insults a game or the developers.

Me neither, I just think it is funny. If you find something in a game to be  bullshit who else is to blame? Either he has a legitimate criticism or it is just fun because of the irony. 
(him blaming the game or developer when it's his own fault) 
Why people choose to take it personally eludes me. Even if phil complains a lot about a game, he often comes out on the other end praising it. 
If that doesn't make the complaining about the game, and the rage ironic and funny. I don't know what is wrong with you. 
I have said this before, I think phil should be the king of Blame. Because he does that so well. 
If that isn't self evident I don't know what is. 
If people used a bit more time to look at the irony in phil. And have some fun with him, Instead of trying to outblame him, I think they would live a happier life. Because no one can ever outblame phil. 

It's not a matter of emotional. If a game or developer is properly on the receiving end of criticism, there is nothing wrong with it. However, if the shortcomings are on the player themselves because they are incompetently doing something, lacking apparent common sense in a situation, or they're just a really bad player, CONSTANTLY shifting blame makes you seem like a massive man child. THAT'S where the success of TIHYDP came from.

8 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

Why people choose to take it personally eludes me. Even if phil complains a lot about a game, he often comes out on the other end praising it. 

Because the vast majority of my "Critics" are, in reality, completely immature idiots. They think the world is black and white, and nothing can be in between, and that opinions can NEVER change. If you say a single thing on the internet, it is ABSOLUTE, and can never be adjusted because of additional experience.

Remember, according to these irrational idiots:

-Because I raged at certain things during Final Fantasy XV, it was HYPOCRITICAL of me to say I liked the game, reviewed it well and put it into my game of the year awards.

-Because I rage at the laggy online play of a fighting game and lose a lot online, it means I'm overall an awful fighting game player, no matter what factual history says otherwise.

-Because I've criticized others whose primary YouTube appeal is overreacting to things on facecam (i.e. Pewdiepie), if I EVER use a facecam for anything, it's incredibly hypocritical.

-Because I've criticized those who do "paid advertisement" videos on YouTube, when I unbox a LootCrate, it shows I'm a pure hypocrite sellout (even if I legitimately criticize the contents of the box as good/bad based on what I find inside).

-Because I called out Toby Turner in a video some 5+ years ago for advertising on my videos, it's incredibly hypocritical for me to EVER have issue with a YouTuber name-dropping me in a negative way, regardless if I've ever had relation to them or said anything negative about them in the past.

I could go on for fucking ages, but the summary is thus: they're moronic idiots who haven't grown up yet, and haven't matured in their thinking to understand how life really works. And it REALLY shows through their actions.

2 minutes ago, FatalSeabass said:

It's not a matter of emotional. If a game or developer is properly on the receiving end of criticism, there is nothing wrong with it. However, if the shortcomings are on the player themselves because they are incompetently doing something, lacking apparent common sense in a situation, or they're just a really bad player, CONSTANTLY shifting blame makes you seem like a massive man child. THAT'S where the success of TIHYDP came from.

Um, no? The first few in regards to Metal Gear Solid, where I was PURPOSELY DOING IT for the sake of the playthrough? To some extent, yes. Every single TIHYDP? Fuck no! They became so incredibly unfair, that any time I ever even say a VALID CRITICISM of a game, it's now chalked up to "Phil's ineptitude" and the like. 

EvilAJ's videos were well done and pointed out that I basically wasn't really trying when I Played MGS 2 and 3. But the vast majority of other TIHYDP videos are unfair, PURPOSEFULLY misleading/insulting and done for the sake of insult. NOT as a criticism that I "blame it on the game devs" constantly. Wake up.

10 minutes ago, FatalSeabass said:

Nope I don't agree it's because they interpret everything he does unironically and literary.  Making him look like a moron you can laugh at. 

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

Because the vast majority of my "Critics" are, in reality, completely immature idiots. They think the world is black and white, and nothing can be in between, and that opinions can NEVER change. If you say a single thing on the internet, it is ABSOLUTE, and can never be adjusted because of additional experience.

-Because I raged at certain things during Final Fantasy XV, it was HYPOCRITICAL of me to say I liked the game, reviewed it well and put it into my game of the year awards.

-Because I rage at the laggy online play of a fighting game and lose a lot online, it means I'm overall an awful fighting game player, no matter what factual history says otherwise.

-Because I've criticized others whose primary YouTube appeal is overreacting to things on facecam (i.e. Pewdiepie), if I EVER use a facecam for anything, it's incredibly hypocritical.

-Because I've criticized those who do "paid advertisement" videos on YouTube, when I unbox a LootCrate, it shows I'm a pure hypocrite sellout (even if I legitimately criticize the contents of the box as good/bad based on what I find inside).

-Because I called out Toby Turner in a video some 5+ years ago for advertising on my videos, it's incredibly hypocritical for me to EVER have issue with a YouTuber name-dropping me in a negative way, regardless if I've ever had relation to them or said anything negative about them in the past.

I could go on for fucking ages, but the summary is thus: they're moronic idiots who haven't grown up yet, and haven't matured in their thinking to understand how life really works. And it REALLY shows through their actions.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Hmm.. Well one thing I have always heard is "the internet never forgets".. In my honest opinion.. Everyone is hypocritical.. Even myself. We all do or say things that we go back on or opposite on.. Why? Because people are capable of change and are growing all the time. But the Internet among many other mediums or places only want consistency from someone or something (like a youtube channel, or company), so change or opposing things are a no go unless stated otherwise ahead of time or fully explained in as much detail as possible.

I hated military online shooters thinking they were for dudebros and casual gamers and I was very outspoken about it.. Then years later as I grew I actually sat down and played one (Battlefield 3) with an open mind.. And loved it. If I unloaded this information on the internet overtime I would be labeled a hypocrite with people wanting me to admit it for thier own statisfaction.

I learned and grew and after loving the game learned not to throw the blanket of white and black over a gaming sub genre just because the majority of gamers like it in general and judged that they have no taste. But that's elitist and close minded in my opinion. 

So.. When you record most of your life in an environment with no rules and complete free speech you WILL be subject to constant feedback depending how well known you become. Even this post can or will be scrutinised by someone here or not, because I am posting my personal thoughts and feelings out there.. On the internet.

So when you say or do something no matter how frequent or small SOMEONE WILL say something about it.. And when you do or say something more frequently or something bigger someone can or will DO something about it.

So to get to the point of this post.. Airing a good chunk of your life for many years to such an environment will document your changes and growth and whej things contradict you will be labeled a hypocrite.. Among the many other things depending on what you say or do over the years...

Because the internet never forgets...

It sucks but that's the way it is..

Just my 2 cents. Take it with a grain of salt.

And good luck Phil.

Edited by RichterTryhard

1 hour ago, BrightSideViking said:

Perhaps the videogame world is real for them lol

36 minutes ago, RichterTryhard said:

Hmm.. Well one thing I have always heard is "the internet never forgets".. In my honest opinion.. Everyone is hypocritical.. Even myself. We all do or say things that we go back on or opposite on.. Why? Because people are capable of change and are growing all the time. But the Internet among many other mediums or places only want consistency from someone or something (like a youtube channel, or company), so change or opposing things are a no go unless stated otherwise ahead of time or fully explained in as much detail as possible.

Wonderful. So now, for example, if Phil hated the Battlefield series, then he has to make some sort of a large and official announcement of his changed views of the series before playing and liking the latest installment so that people do not go insane and call him a hypocrite?

18 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Perhaps the videogame world is real for them lol

Wonderful. So now, for example, if Phil hated the Battlefield series, then he has to make some sort of a large and official announcement of his changed views of the series before playing and liking the latest installment so that people do not go insane and call him a hypocrite?

As far as I know.. Yes. I am not aware of any other way around it if you are speaking and posting on the internet and want to retain an image you are expressing without backlash.

Someone will see the contradiction and ONLY assume you a hypocrite. But again this was just my opinion on the matter from experience. There could be other ways I am not aware of..

However.. If your explanation contradicts something else in your internet history then you will look even worst.. So if that happens people will expect an explanation for that.. Consistency can be difficult in that case... But again..

The internet never forgets.

Edited by RichterTryhard

I rage and bitch at games all the damn time, lmao.

Even if I know it's my fault, I just like to whine and argue at the game. I know me and DSP are NOT alone.

Again, TIHYDP can be hilarious. MGS is a series so dear to me, and it's why I'm currently living in Japan and speak Japanese. Seriously, the game shaped my childhood and who I am now.

The MGS TIHYDP are my favourites haha! 

I think Phil is kind of, at least to me, not a usual Let's Player. I don't watch Let's Plays. Why do I care to watch somebody sit back and enjoy a game I've played and/or want to play?

I like to watch DSP rage and blame the game. It's bloody hilarious.

I'm just not the kind of guy to sit through his playthroughs/streams. So I like this KOCC thing.

Edited by MyFunnyValentine
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Um, no? The first few in regards to Metal Gear Solid, where I was PURPOSELY DOING IT for the sake of the playthrough? To some extent, yes. Every single TIHYDP? Fuck no! They became so incredibly unfair, that any time I ever even say a VALID CRITICISM of a game, it's now chalked up to "Phil's ineptitude" and the like. 

EvilAJ's videos were well done and pointed out that I basically wasn't really trying when I Played MGS 2 and 3. But the vast majority of other TIHYDP videos are unfair, PURPOSEFULLY misleading/insulting and done for the sake of insult. NOT as a criticism that I "blame it on the game devs" constantly. Wake up.

Never a truer word has been said.

It's hilarious how much Phils haters fail.

Edited by Amityville
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, GoingOutOfBusiness said:

Soo asshurt... Trying to outblame king Phillip 

Why man? don't you have other things to do than to be brooding over this? Can't you see how pathetic you are making yourself look?
When phil makes a claim that you are acting like immature kids. And you go on acting like immature kids. You kind of prove his point. But I guess that is all you are capable of doing anyways. Because some of you are in fact immature kids. Go play some minecraft, or try being edgy on 4 chan, or something. It will make you a lot happier 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GoingOutOfBusiness said:

I have friends.  I just had a party at my house on Saturday night.

Radical dude. You had a party on a saturday night? hahaha

7 minutes ago, GoingOutOfBusiness said:

I'm an adult with a real, grown up job. 

No you're not. hahaha. Nice try kid. But only some child would say something like this. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

Why man? don't you have other things to do than to be brooding over this? Can't you see how pathetic you are making yourself look?
When phil makes a claim that you are acting like immature kids. And you go on acting like immature kids. You kind of prove his point. But I guess that is all you are capable of doing anyways. Because some of you are in fact immature kids. Go play some minecraft, or try being edgy on 4 chan, or something. It will make you a lot happier 

Oh yeah ok, ladies and gentlemen a stunning statement from Mr. BrightSideViking or should I say @VldarVikingElvi on Twitter who has miles and miles of back and forth arguments with detractors and ex fans because arguments are what get you off. Not to mention the sad and pathetic attempts you frequently make to get senpai MisterMetokur to notice you, yet have the gall to call other people immature.. One quick look at your time line exposed the fact that you're just a troll here for the lulz, not for DSP content. Desperate for the attention you never get in real life.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RealityCheck said:

Oh yeah ok, ladies and gentlemen a stunning statement from Mr. BrightSideViking or should I say @VldarVikingElvi on Twitter who has miles and miles of back and forth arguments with detractors and ex fans because arguments are what get you off. Not to mention the sad and pathetic attempts you frequently make to get senpai MisterMetokur to notice you, yet have the gall to call other people immature.. One quick look at your time line exposed the fact that you're just a troll here for the lulz, not for DSP content. Desperate for the attention you never get in real life.

ouch you got me. Initially I started using twitter again because of Mr. metokur. To have a way to follow him. Which in turn introduced me to DSP. It is pretty logical when you think of it. Senpai Mr. metokur have noticed me. And is in fact the only reason I am here. If there was no brightsydebob. There would have been no Brightsideviking. 
I have never made a secret out of this. 
I was a "troll" just like you. Meaning to get a cheap laugh out of phil
However, when people started to treat me as shit, because they though I was a fan of DSP, and I saw how immature some people where.(like yourself)  In addition to Phil being kind of cool towards me made feel some sympathy for him. 
Now I honestly like the guy. 
However what you are doing are not even funny. It's not satire, and it is not parody. You are either retarded, or a child. Or most likely something in between. 
I don't get what you are trying to get out of this. You are simply trying too hard to look cool or something.