DSP Gaming

Thoughts on the KOCC videos

Quaseemoto

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

What an absolute shower of shite this thread is, eh?

Well at least your reply added to the worthwhile discussion and wasn't at all throwaway.

And I don't think I've seen anyone so self important on this site as Hazz3r since Butta was here.  Another thread that could have been useful goes the same way as always because of the janky accounts that never say anything positive.  Sad its come to this.

Edited by TheTruthCommission

29 minutes ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Well at least your reply added to the worthwhile discussion and wasn't at all throwaway.

And I don't think I've seen anyone so self important on this site as Hazz3r since Butta was here.  Another thread that could have been useful goes the same way as always because of the janky accounts that never say anything positive.  Sad its come to this.

Well if you post slander like Hazzer did about Phil he deserves the ban, he's sooooooo outraged on Twitter about it. He lost all his posts and rep here now. May that be a lesson to others who think its cool to treat Phil like shit on his own forums.:wink:

Edited by Amityville

1 hour ago, TheTruthCommission said:

Sorry lad, I'll be sure to take your comments on board, I always want to improve myself.

(welcome to the internet, newcomer)

Edited by Beechey

2 hours ago, Amityville said:

Well if you post slander like Hazzer did about Phil he deserves the ban, he's sooooooo outraged on Twitter about it. He lost all his posts and rep here now. May that be a lesson to others who think its cool to treat Phil like shit on his own forums.:wink:

Yeah! How dare anyone criticize Phil on his own forums! He should just be showered with praise and admiration when he logs on and never be told he's wrong or that he could improve on things!

Edited by dannyrand

kocc is trying to get the views that TIHYDP's get but without insulting Phil, it doesn't show angry reactions and post-death rants. People see right through it and therefore they don't like it. Was Phil able to laugh at himself, he'd take those "slandering" comments like a champ and the very same people who watch a TIHYDP will subscribe to Phil.

1 hour ago, MDCFAN101 said:

People have the right to criticize so what the hell is your point to all of this?

That's exactly the point. People around here seem to view harsh criticism as just treating Phil like shit. What Hazzer did was just that, harsh criticism, but everyone acts like he did nothing but insult Phil.

4 minutes ago, dannyrand said:

That's exactly the point. People around here seem to view harsh criticism as just treating Phil like shit. What Hazzer did was just that, harsh criticism, but everyone acts like he did nothing but insult Phil.

Spoken exactly like someone who has no idea what they're talking about, and should keep their uninformed fingers from typing misinformed posts in this thread.

Hazzer's post contained NO criticism. What it contained were severely slanted half-truths from the perspective of someone who has refused to ever take responsibility for his own actions. There is a long history here and just because someone posts something up doesn't make it "gospel truth." Quite the contrary, if you see someone coming in here out of nowhere to post up a text wall, it's probably bullshit or spin for some other purpose. 

Case in point: Hazzer USED to be a big fan of mine, but when TIHYDP started, he basically jumped right on board with that group, deriding me rather than laughing WITH me. He befriended those making TIHYDP and was a part of spreading it. HE advertised and promoted TIHYDP on those old forums (along with a bunch of others) which caused a HUGE rift among the posters; it got to the point that there was SO MUCH overwhelming negativity that I stopped using them entirely, and actual fans gravitated away from the site entirely. So of course, from HIS perspective, he did nothing wrong, was a spotless, shiny person who only wanted to laugh! And I'm an evil demon of a man, who never would allow anyone to make fun of him, nor receive any criticism whatsoever!

In reality, he's a jackass who has refused to ever man up and at least take "partial" responsibility for the downfall of the old forums entirely. Until TIHYDP, NONE of the negativity towards me existed; everyone laughed WITH me and understood that I wasn't taking gaming seriously, and everything I did was for the fun of dicking around, while enjoying gaming and sharing those experiences. I didn't CARE that I was a bad gamer, because I wasn't trying to BE a good one. TIHYDP basically turned that into "well, he sucks, so never watch him again, just make fun of him in these videos" and people like Hazzer PROMOTED THAT ATTITUDE everywhere, including the old forums. It took a lot of patience for me to even let him back, and for the most part he was being incredibly helpful and productive around here; but when he's going to post up his incredibly one-sided BULLSHIT because he's never grown up, and he's going to say it's ME who won't accept any responsibility for TIHYDP (when I've done so NUMEROUS times now) when in reality it's HIM (and others) who fucked a LOT of stuff up in this community over it?

He can rightly fuck off for good.

Now, THIS THREAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY OF THIS. So either move on from being off-topic or I'll lock it entirely.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Spoken exactly like someone who has no idea what they're talking about, and should keep their uninformed fingers from typing misinformed posts in this thread.

Phil often calls his channel his "business". On that perspective, his subs would be his clients, but no business man EVER talks to his clients like this besides Phil. Let's see if this criticism is taken lightly, and don't forget that DSP is more than 30 years old, so his feelings towards a client's comment hardly matters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

"When people created topics on the old forum falsely claiming I was a hacker and doxxer, I was met with nothing but hostility from that mod staff. When the detractors attacked and impersonated staff members I was blamed"

I won't lie to you, I don't remember any of this, at all - like any of it. I would hope that I would have been told of users impersonating us, but I don't recall being told unfortunately. And no, we left because the previous agreement made between us stated he would not ban unilaterally anymore, he then banned that user unilaterally. We operated a system of group reviewal of users and bans etc, and what DSP was doing at the time didn't fit with it. Irrelevant of whether he deserved it, we agreed something and that agreement was breached. I'll happily show you it in full when I get up in the morning.

Going on the podcast was the best way at the time to clear our names, as some of us were receiving death threats for being (falsely) accused of destroying the website. We wanted to get our side across, otherwise we would never have had the chance to. Unfortunate, the way it all turned out in the end, I agree.

Frankly that is all ancient history now, and I'm getting sick of having to state all this seemingly every few months when my name (I'm not kidding, my actual name), and others are dragged through the dirt for no reason.

I haven't known this community for more than one and a half year, and I cannot comment on any thing that have happened in the past. But that Hazzer is this neutral nice guy is not a thing I can accept. He might have been at one point, but from the time I came here, he was for me affiliated with the SOK. And phils detractors. 
The only story I remember for him in the beginning was that he was a moderator that got fed up, and took up arms against phil because he didn't like the way he did things. 
"he dropped the mike" back then and have done so a few times later. 
Always under the guise of being "neutral" which is just bullshit. 
I can see you guys are best buddies, and that you want a piece of the action and drama. But honestly I have never seen hazzer other than some asshole, claiming to have some legitimacy when criticising Phil because he used to be a loyal fan.
Something I cannot say he have been as long as I have been here. 
and how many times do you have to burn that bridge before that isn't true anymore? Is this the last time?  
Because he have burned that bridge way to many times now. And it is only to impress the haters. I hope he just can be honest. And not pretend like he is neutral or wahtever bullshit he tries to sell himself as. 

Edited by BrightSideViking
  • Upvote 1

Nonsense removed. I LITERALLY JUST POSTED to get back on topic, which then led to a ton of off-topic stuff. Last chance or this thread gets locked.

36 minutes ago, mag1cal_man said:

Phil often calls his channel his "business". On that perspective, his subs would be his clients, but no business man EVER talks to his clients like this besides Phil. Let's see if this criticism is taken lightly, and don't forget that DSP is more than 30 years old, so his feelings towards a client's comment hardly matters.

There's a huge difference between how you treat paying customers or someone who just walks in the door and shits all over everything. Although YouTube is VERY much my business, it's not the same, at all, as a paying business where you can lawfully have the "loiterers who aren't paying for anything and causing nothing but trouble" legally removed. 

Since there's a HUGE difference between a "paid for/purchased content" business model and a "for free" business model, no, not every single person is a customer. They'd be categorized as potential viewers. However, the internet is also a VERY different place than a brick-and-mortar business. You're gonna get tons of shit-throwing morons because it's anonymous and there's zero consequences for it (as opposed to say, a bunch of dumb teenagers egging a physical business, which would lead to them getting arrested). 

There are plenty of boring, vanilla, "fake" YouTubers who pretend to be the happiest people on Earth on a daily basis. They also put out the most vomit-inducing, generic, meaningless content available. Here, and on my YouTube channels, you get the REAL me; not some pussyfooting "character" who want to kiss everyone's ass for the sake of a view or a dollar. I've been like this my whole life, and although I have learned to be far LESS angry/butthurt about stupid shit, I'm not going to dramatically change into someone fake and/or more restrained at this point in my life.

Now let's try this ONE LAST TIME.

ANything else to be said about the Community Creations program?

Tonight is the first ever OFFICIALLY APPROVED TIHYDP video. Let's see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Phil said:

Nonsense removed. I LITERALLY JUST POSTED to get back on topic, which then led to a ton of off-topic stuff. Last chance or this thread gets locked.

There's a huge difference between how you treat paying customers or someone who just walks in the door and shits all over everything. Although YouTube is VERY much my business, it's not the same, at all, as a paying business where you can lawfully have the "loiterers who aren't paying for anything and causing nothing but trouble" legally removed. 

Since there's a HUGE difference between a "paid for/purchased content" business model and a "for free" business model, no, not every single person is a customer. They'd be categorized as potential viewers. However, the internet is also a VERY different place than a brick-and-mortar business. You're gonna get tons of shit-throwing morons because it's anonymous and there's zero consequences for it (as opposed to say, a bunch of dumb teenagers egging a physical business, which would lead to them getting arrested). 

There are plenty of boring, vanilla, "fake" YouTubers who pretend to be the happiest people on Earth on a daily basis. They also put out the most vomit-inducing, generic, meaningless content available. Here, and on my YouTube channels, you get the REAL me; not some pussyfooting "character" who want to kiss everyone's ass for the sake of a view or a dollar. I've been like this my whole life, and although I have learned to be far LESS angry/butthurt about stupid shit, I'm not going to dramatically change into someone fake and/or more restrained at this point in my life.

Now let's try this ONE LAST TIME.

ANything else to be said about the Community Creations program?

Tonight is the first ever OFFICIALLY APPROVED TIHYDP video. Let's see how it goes.

I'm looking forward to the TIHYDP!

One last quick question: Are you able to protect yourself against a copyright strike with these? 

What if somebody made a new account a few months ago, uploaded the KOCC submission privately and then sent it to you. Once you upload it, they could claim a copyright strike saying the video originated on their channel.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding stuff, but have you found a way to completely avoid this?

If any of these KOGaming community creations submissions tries to file a false copyright strike against me, I can just dispute it. Nobody is going to actually sue me, and now that we're aware of how utterly broken YouTube's copyright system is, I know I can just have all the issues removed in 2 weeks. So it's literally not an issue at all.

Here it is.

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, NoveskeSaiga said:

I liked it, and am glad you're embracing this kind of stuff. One critique and it's with all of the cock submissions so far is just shorten the intros. They drag out a bit too long. 

Yeah, now that the series is getting established and people will know what it is, those intros won't have to be very long at all.

For the record: this was the only TIHYDP submitted so far. I'm already seeing stuff like "THIS WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH BECAUSE OF THIS AND THIS AND THIS! YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED A BETTER ONE!" which makes no sense, because this was the only one submitted. Literally, that's just a dumb thing to say in response, lol.

• Upvote 1