DSP Gaming

As a fan since 09', DSP needs to step away from YouTube/Twitch NOW.

FloydMayweather

Get your life together man, sucks to see a man broken this like. As a fan I want to see DSP at his best... who cares about the hardcore gaming season when your only click away from being destroyed and having another emergency again.

If that means taking a year out, finding a job and living a normal life, going to the gym, meeting a woman... and perhaps having gaming as a hobby only a weekends or something of the sort. I'm sure all of us fans will understand.

Whatever happens I hope you get through it. - Floyd

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Get your life together man, sucks to see a man broken this like. As a fan I want to see DSP at his best... who cares about the hardcore gaming season when your only click away from being destroyed and having another emergency again.

If that means taking a year out, finding a job and living a normal life, going to the gym, meeting a woman... and perhaps having gaming as a hobby only a weekends or something of the sort. I'm sure all of us fans will understand.

I guess it depends on if he has to sell the house and if he has any money left from a sale after debts are paid, if he still has debt after a sale then it will be harder to walk away from youtube/twitch, as what he makes now will likely be more than what he could make from a full time job he could expect to secure today, but if he does have money over afterwards then more chance he could do what you are suggesting.

19 minutes ago, Meteo_Zegarra2018 said:

If love something, why stop doing it? Perhaps people aren't like me but I failed a biology test seven times and graduated on time with my friends. If I were phil, I would stop and think. What should I do now? What will benefit? The problem is that if he stops, the idiots that will follow him will always be there. 

If you love something, you should pursue it. HOWEVER, let's be realistic here. If what it is you love is not feasible to you or your well being, it's time for other options. 

Now Phil has disabled comments on his channel he's basically detached himself from the viewers, i agree with him doing it because it was just a cesspool of filthy comments, but and it's a big but, his (new)fans now have no way of showing their appreciation on each video.

Yes they can do it via twitter but it's hardly the same, 180k Youtube subs verses 25k twitter followers.

And is it really worth the effort now that each of his videos barely gets a few hundred views?

• Upvote 1

You're pretty much asking a viewer to either make a twitter/website account JUST to drop a comment about a video they've watch, which doesn't even make sense. Say I watched Dark Souls 3 part 61 and wanted to comment on that particular section. I'd have to come to this website, make an account, and drop it...where? That's incredibly pointless and requires a ton of work versus leaving a comment in the comment section of the video... If the disconnect from youtube wasn't prevalent before, it sure is now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

You needed a new thread to post this?! You could just add it to the weekly worst news thread.

Just because you're a quitter doesn't mean Phil is dood.

Edited by Amityville
  • Like 1

Drop Twitch when he's doing reasonably well? GREAT IDEA! Give this man a medal!!!

OMFG.

23 minutes ago, ilscuro said:

Now Phil has disabled comments on his channel he's basically detached himself from the viewers, i agree with him doing it because it was just a cesspool of filthy comments, but and it's a big but, his (new)fans now have no way of showing their appreciation on each video.

Yes they can do it via twitter but it's hardly the same, 180k Youtube subs verses 25k twitter followers.

And is it really worth the effort now that each of his videos barely gets a few hundred views?

Looking through the comments on his videos before he did this, most of them were being downright insulting. I didn't see many ones that were showing appreciation. I can't blame him.

Edited by OutspokenHuman

40 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Time will tell, if he is unable to get through this tax issue than he has to consider it.

Well, DSP hasn't even confirmed this yet. You literally took some speculation and swallowed it whole. Easy to see how complete lies and bs ends up on Twitter feeds by detractors and before long its 100% fact. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, ilscuro said:

One of my friends (who used to watch DSP) started watching again and saw the comments disabled and asked me 'is something wrong with DSP'? All comments are removed and dislikes are so high' this inevitably gives DSP a weird look to new viewers which sucks, plus younger fans like to comment and have conversation in the comment section by restricting this it hurts the channel.

I was totally in agreement with the disabling of comments though, it was horrible to look at. 

Edited by FloydMayweather

Its amazing the logic from some people in this thread, ("Why did you post this new thread?!? It's pointless!" :continues to post in a thread they deem pointless) if you're not into the topic of the thread, don't follow or post in it. Don't get mad at the OP for posting something you're not interested in, (even though you have the most post in this particular thread than anyone else) be mad at yourself for engaging in a conversation that you knew you weren't going to like but still decided to participate in it anyways.

As far as Phil taking a COMPLETE BREAK from Twitch & Youtube, that would be great in concept but I don't think he could do it. He has literally nothing else to do. He doesn't have friends or many outside obligations so he would just be sitting in his house probably reading all the comments about him, getting him even MORE stressed out.

I think he should change his sleep and eating habits. As mundane and insignificant some of us think that is in the grand scheme of things, if Phil changed these habits I think he would make strides in other areas as well. Going to sleep earlier means waking up earlier which could free up some time to hit a gym near by or getting some morning therapy or counseling. Deciding to eat better would free him up to go to the grocery story more often and save some money cooking more often and boost his confidence as he's losing weight, losing weight combined with going out more often means more chances to meet REAL HUMANS and developing REAL HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS that aren't just over the internet. As much as Phil tried to play off his girlfriend leaving him was nothing and "in the past", it was truly a huge blow and we are seeing that right now. The major problem has always been Phil being virtually alone, but he's had his girlfriend there for years, now he's really alone. Either he cut everyone off or everyone left him in the real world, and just sitting there with just your thoughts and making decisions with no real mentor, advice, or just even have someone to talk to, especially under financial distress and heartbroken, is a recipe for disaster.

For anyone.

Edited by PoorLanken
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PoorLanken said:

Its amazing the logic from some people in this thread, ("Why did you post this new thread?!? It's pointless!" :continues to post in a thread they deem pointless) if you're not into the topic of the thread, don't follow or post in it. Don't get mad at the OP for posting something you're not interested in, (even though you have the most post in this particular thread than anyone else) be mad at yourself for engaging in a conversation that you knew you weren't going to like but still decided to participate in it anyways.

As far as Phil taking a COMPLETE BREAK from Twitch & Youtube, that would be great in concept but I don't think he could do it. He has literally nothing else to do. He doesn't have friends or many outside obligations so he would just be sitting in his house probably reading all the comments about him, getting him even MORE stressed out.

I think he should change his sleep and eating habits. As mundane and insignificant some of us think that is in the grand scheme of things, if Phil changed these habits I think he would make strides in other areas as well. Going to sleep earlier means waking up earlier which could free up some time to hit a gym near by or getting some morning therapy or counseling. Deciding to eat better would free him up to go to the grocery story more often and save some money cooking more often and boost his confidence as he's losing weight, losing weight combined with going out more often means more chances to meet REAL HUMANS and developing REAL HUMAN RELATIONSHIPS that aren't just over the internet. As much as Phil tried to play off his girlfriend leaving him was nothing and "in the past", it was truly a huge blow and we are seeing that right now. The major problem has always been Phil being virtually alone, but he's had his girlfriend there for years, now he's really alone. Either he cut everyone off or everyone left him in the real world, and just sitting there with just your thoughts and making decisions with no real mentor, advice, or just even have someone to talk to, especially under financial distress and heartbroken, is a recipe for disaster.

For anyone.

I think Phil should start going to the gym, and exercising a little. All he does is stay cooped up in the house. Eat, sleep, video games. This kind of lifestyle simply isn't healthy mentally or physically. 

Edited by ragoslice

22 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

U know i always wondered why he doesnt go to gaming events to meet new ppl with the same interests/business/career even when its just ~30min drive from his house. It ll surely improve his social life plus he can cover gaming news as well.

Why do you think he didn't go to the wedding? Going gaming conventions is basically inviting sociopaths to harass/attack him within the public eye. 

1 hour ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Why do you think he didn't go to the wedding? Going gaming conventions is basically inviting sociopaths to harass/attack him within the public eye. 

the wedding thing happened bcos he mentioned it and there was the sok. It sucks and nothing can be done at the time bcos it was the 1st event with that risk? but he should learned this lesson. If he never mention where hes going ppl would never know. He could just say he going on errands then surprise us with a vlog or coverage of the event while he gets to go out. win win situation.

2 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

the wedding thing happened bcos he mentioned it and there was the sok. It sucks and nothing can be done at the time bcos it was the 1st event with that risk? but he should learned this lesson. If he never mention where hes going ppl would never know. He could just say he going on errands then surprise us with a vlog or coverage of the event while he gets to go out. win win situation.

Just because the SOK is dead now doesn't mean he should have gone to gaming conventions in the past or the future. There are crackheads waiting to jump on him back then and there sure are now. I heard someone is targeting me on Twitter for what I say on this forum so imagine if I had my own vlogging channel like Phil, fuck knows what they'd try to do. 

35 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Just because the SOK is dead now doesn't mean he should have gone to gaming conventions in the past or the future. There are crackheads waiting to jump on him back then and there sure are now. I heard someone is targeting me on Twitter for what I say on this forum so imagine if I had my own vlogging channel like Phil, fuck knows what they'd try to do. 

Wait, wait, wait.... Are you insinuating just because someone doesn't like me on Twitter, I should stop going outside and living my life? That speaks volumes on your mentality. It's the internet, everyone is an asshole because there's no consequences to talking shit over the internet. I'm a little bit taller and more in shape than Phil, but still if I was him I'd be like "I'm 6 foot 190 lbs, I'm not going to let some kids who tweet about me everyday and probably in worse shape than I am, stop me from going outside and living my life"

Some of you take the internet way too seriously or just was brought up in a closed environment where petty internet threats frighten you.

Edited by PoorLanken

31 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

As i said, they wont know where hes going if he doesnt mention them. Even then, if they find him wut are they gonna do? Anything out of hand and they ll get their ass arrested.

As for u, as long as u dont reveal anything related to ur irl then u have nothing to fear.

34 minutes ago, PoorLanken said:

Wait, wait, wait.... Are you insinuating just because someone doesn't like me on Twitter, I should stop going outside and living my life? That speaks volumes on your mentality. It's the internet, everyone is an asshole because there's no consequences to talking shit over the internet. I'm a little bit taller and more in shape than Phil, but still if I was him I'd be like "I'm 6 foot 190 lbs, I'm not going to let some kids who tweet about me everyday and probably in worse shape than I am, stop me from going outside and living my life"

Some of you take the internet way too seriously or just was brought up in a closed environment where petty internet threats frighten you.

You learnt nothing from the SOK, Fred, SWATting, DDOS attacks etc. Let's see where being 190lbs gets you. 

Edited by ThatDogGuy

3 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

You learnt nothing from the SOK, Fred, SWATting, DDOS attacks etc. Let's see where being 190lbs gets you. 

190lbs gives me a weight advantage over a kid that has never showed his face on the internet and only attack me over the internet. Sorry I'm not stopping my life, my REAL LIFE, because of some kid over the internet.

Look we aren't going to agree on this, just by your responses im sure I'm older than you and been through more life experiences to know a real threat from an internet threat. Let's drop it because its off topic.

Phil needs to go outside and develop some real personal relationships off the internet, I think if someone was physically there to give a different perspective on several topics will help Phil become not only a better person, but more knowledgeable on certain topics that includes more than just his closed perspective. Staying in his house within his personal bubble is mentally stunting his growth, and has been a long time.

• Like 1