DSP Gaming

As a fan since 09', DSP needs to step away from YouTube/Twitch NOW.

FloydMayweather

40 minutes ago, PoorLanken said:

190lbs gives me a weight advantage over a kid that has never showed his face on the internet and only attack me over the internet. Sorry I'm not stopping my life, my REAL LIFE, because of some kid over the internet.

Look we aren't going to agree on this, just by your responses im sure I'm older than you and been through more life experiences to know a real threat from an internet threat. Let's drop it because its off topic.

How will 190lbs help you with a DDOS attack? Why are you trying to brag about your height and weight on an internet forum? Pretty hilarious right there matey, but it's OK, we're all adults here right? :tongue:

40 minutes ago, PoorLanken said:

Phil needs to go outside and develop some real personal relationships off the internet, I think if someone was physically there to give a different perspective on several topics will help Phil become not only a better person, but more knowledgeable on certain topics that includes more than just his closed perspective. Staying in his house within his personal bubble is mentally stunting his growth, and has been a long time.

Phil's already had a social life. You don't really know much about him. He's had lots of experiences and talked about them, you certainly haven't ever watched Ask The King. Not that you could do research and go back to them or anything? :tongue:

Edited by ThatDogGuy
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

Phil's already had a social life. You don't really know much about him. He's had lots of experiences and talked about them, you certainly haven't ever watched Ask The King. Not that you could do research and go back to them or anything? :tongue:

Did you not see his recent video? he stays up late most nights with erratic sleep schedule watching movies and stressed out until 4/5am, we know this because of the tweets. He stays cooped up and streams all day. HE ACTUALLY SAID HE HAS NO TIME FOR FRIENDS. With his ex GF, he used to at least go out to dinner sometimes and he's stopped that he said he eats frozen meals because he hasn't got time for anything. Maybe he has to make the time now.

We aren't insulting Phil, I think you are failing to see that we are just pointing out a problem so he can fix it. 

Edited by FloydMayweather

2 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Did you not see his recent video? he stays up late most nights with erratic sleep schedule watching movies and stressed out until 4/5am, we know this because of the tweets. He stays cooped up and streams all day. HE ACTUALLY SAID HE HAS NO TIME FOR FRIENDS. With his ex GF, he used to at least go out to dinner sometimes and he's stopped that he said he eats frozen meals because he hasn't got time for anything. Maybe he has to make the time now.

We aren't insulting Phil, I think you are failing to see that we are just pointing out a problem so he can fix it. 

That doesn't really mean he hasn't social skills or had interaction in the past does it?

And a popular Twitter account just ddoxed Phil, putting his real address on a screenshot of an apparent company. I'm sure many people here will find this hilarious right?

6 minutes ago, ThatDogGuy said:

That doesn't really mean he hasn't social skills or had interaction in the past does it?

And a popular Twitter account just ddoxed Phil, putting his real address on a screenshot of an apparent company. I'm sure many people here will find this hilarious right?

So, you saying because of this he shouldn't have a life outside of streaming and YT.  

Edited by moka'roka

3 hours ago, PoorLanken said:

190lbs gives me a weight advantage over a kid that has never showed his face on the internet and only attack me over the internet. Sorry I'm not stopping my life, my REAL LIFE, because of some kid over the internet.

Look we aren't going to agree on this, just by your responses im sure I'm older than you and been through more life experiences to know a real threat from an internet threat. Let's drop it because its off topic.

Phil needs to go outside and develop some real personal relationships off the internet, I think if someone was physically there to give a different perspective on several topics will help Phil become not only a better person, but more knowledgeable on certain topics that includes more than just his closed perspective. Staying in his house within his personal bubble is mentally stunting his growth, and has been a long time.

Very well said. Staying shut up alone doesn't do wonders for your sanity. At least I still have my parents for company at the moment to help cope with that. And the only reason I do so is because of my autism.

Edited by OutspokenHuman
  • Upvote 2

I'm just going to ignore the dog with a guy, those emoticons at the end of the statements shows what type of person (or child) I'm talking too. I'm not going back and forth with someone who will ignore all logic and is scared of internet threats from people who are too scared to show their own damn faces.

I'm glad most others understand what I'm talking about.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, PoorLanken said:

I partially agree with this. I'll put this as gently as possible, but DSP really  needs to have some other adults in his life to discuss issues with. As evidenced by stuff he's said like the "1-2 hour healthy lunch" and pretty much everything he said when he was discussing buying the new car.  I'm not going to pretend I have all the answers; hell, there's plenty of stuff I should know but don't. That's where it's very helpful to have adult friends who've been in situations like buying a house, buy a car, etc., in that they can share their experience and knowledge with you. When I hear Phil talk about things like finance, buying a vehicle, etc I cringe because of how wrong it is. Not only could he be hurting himself but younger viewers might take what he says to heart and make the same mistake.

What I disagree with is that someone NEEDS to have a "IRL" relationship with someone to be mentally healthy. I'm the type of person who could easily go months without seeing another person and would no way be the worse for it. However, some people DO need a higher level of contact, and yes, those folks should see folks offline. I'm not going to speculate as to where Phil falls on that spectrum but I just wanted to point out that it's not necessary for everyone to physically hang out with others for their mental health.

2 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

I'm not going to speculate as to where Phil falls on that spectrum but I just wanted to point out that it's not necessary for everyone to physically hang out with others for their mental health.

Didn't work out to well for people who hung out with Charles Mansion ha ha.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

What I disagree with is that someone NEEDS to have a "IRL" relationship with someone to be mentally healthy. I'm the type of person who could easily go months without seeing another person and would no way be the worse for it. However, some people DO need a higher level of contact, and yes, those folks should see folks offline. I'm not going to speculate as to where Phil falls on that spectrum but I just wanted to point out that it's not necessary for everyone to physically hang out with others for their mental health.

I agree, everyone doesn't necessarily need to have physical relationship to be mentally healthy. But for Phil, he has the tendency to block everyone who has even an ounce of criticism towards his opinion. If you're not in 100% agreeance with his thought process, you're being called an idiot or your being blocked over the internet. A physical relation would be best for Phil because there's no block button in the real world, I don't see Phil cussing someone out and calling them an idiot to their face when there can be physical consequences to what comes out his mouth. 

But in my own opinion, I don't see Phil going out and making friends. Looking at what happened with John Rambo, Howard, and to a certain extent Leanna and all the shit they dealt with, I don't think Phil knows how to be a good friend and doesn't value the intimacy of what it means to be a good friend.

Edited by PoorLanken

40 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Human being are social animals.   We are always trying some way to interact with others, whether it's with ppl or a pet.  Just so you know, socially isolating yourself can lead to depression, poor health, and/or anxiety.  

There are studies done with ppl who socially isolated when they got older, but I don't know if they included interacting with ppl over the internet.

Edited by moka'roka

36 minutes ago, PoorLanken said:

I agree, everyone doesn't necessarily need to have physical relationship to be mentally healthy. But for Phil, he has the tendency to block everyone who has even an ounce of criticism towards his opinion. If you're not in 100% agreeance with his thought process, you're being called an idiot or your being blocked over the internet.

I can tell you that I have criticized dsp quite a bit since joining this forum and I am still here, so to say you have to be in 100% agreement with him is not true.

1 hour ago, PoorLanken said:

I'm just going to ignore the dog with a guy, those emoticons at the end of the statements shows what type of person (or child) I'm talking too. I'm not going back and forth with someone who will ignore all logic and is scared of internet threats from people who are too scared to show their own damn faces.

I think he went by the name of Bailey Dakota last time I was here. Believe he was pretty immature back then too. Best to ignore him.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WOOF! said:

I can tell you that I have criticized dsp quite a bit since joining this forum and I am still here, so to say you have to be in 100% agreement with him is not true.

Oh you're going to have some elbow room when you have this badge:

113.png.f18962efd03eedec88d2b7818dab5719.png

You're paying him, of course he's not going to kick you off so quick.

27 minutes ago, PoorLanken said:

Oh you're going to have some elbow room when you have this badge:

113.png.f18962efd03eedec88d2b7818dab5719.png

You're paying him, of course he's not going to kick you off so quick.

Actually I haven't donated to phil's patreon since April and if you don't believe me check the end of his WIP video, you will see my username is not on the list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoorLanken said:

He is Derich from the stream chat if I'm not mistaken he's got different alternate names on here too, some of the folks here are kids so you have to ignore and completely just tl'dr their posts because they add zero the conversation..It is what it is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

He is Derich from the stream chat if I'm not mistaken he's got different alternate names on here too, some of the folks here are kids so you have to ignore and completely just tl'dr their posts because they add zero the conversation..It is what it is.

Oh yeah I just figured out anyone who used emoticons or doesn't have an argument for themselves is a dead give away for them being a child. Thanks for the tip.

1 hour ago, WOOF! said:

Ok I'll accept maybe a few people were able to fly here like yourself who were critical of DSP. But let's not pretend DSP is open to criticism. I've seen people banned from stream chat for just laughing at him dying in a video game or telling him to change strategies.

Also we're getting off-topic here, let's focus back on what this thread is about.

Edited by PoorLanken
  • Like 1

How can he keep on living like this? Staying up until 6 am watching movies full of stress is not healthy physically or mentally, these are the words of somebody who is broken. 

The guy needs a break from the internet, period for his own sanity before who knows what can happen.

DKQLiJZW0AU4_mN.thumb.jpg.e0cfe52acbfc1d90b4cc915aade37586.jpg

18 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

I get what you're saying but aren't you being a little dramatic?

Someone shouldn't take a person mental health to lightly.  With the recent post on twitter and video of Phil stating how stress he is at thr momment, I fear that he may have a mental break down or worst.  I imderstand if he takes a break that he would lose a lot of revenue, but a persons health should come first.

6 minutes ago, moka'roka said:

Someone shouldn't take a person mental health to lightly.  With the recent post on twitter and video of Phil stating how stress he is at thr momment, I fear that he may have a mental break down or worst.  I imderstand if he takes a break that he would lose a lot of revenue, but a persons health should come first.

Yes. He does need breaks once and a while. But this guys is suggesting that he stops doing YouTube altogether. That's a little overkill. 

20 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Yes. He does need breaks once and a while. But this guys is suggesting that he stops doing YouTube altogether. That's a little overkill. 

He stated take a break from the internet not quit YT altogether.  Hell, Matt from 2bf took a couple of months of off doing YT because he was burnt out.  Max also took a break from YT for awhile.  Sometimes you need to walk away for a while.  

25 minutes ago, Nich2440 said:

Please explain to me where I said he should stop YouTube all together, I just said he needs some time off... let's be honest, would it be the worst thing for him right now? his behavior dictates that it's necessary at this point. His head isn't all the way there.