Jump to content

Anyone here, ever read the Groo The Wanderer comics?


musicboy

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, musicboy said:

Anyone here, ever read the Groo The Wanderer comics? Especially the ones created by marvel?

I like that old 80's comic series. It's really funny too.:laugh:

The hero Groo, literally puts Samurai X and that Conan dude, to shame with his antics.:laugh:

Never heard of Groo the Wanderer.

Edited by MDCFAN101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Rufferto? That's... an interesting name to give a dog.

Anyways, from what I researched and from what you told me, Groo the Wanderer is a spoof of Conan the Barbarian

Yeah. That's the same thing I noticed, when I saw first read those comics.

But the other funny thing is, there is a blonde haired warrior, Conan type character, with a longsword, who is also his rival. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Yeah. That's the same thing I noticed, when I saw first read those comics.

But the other funny thing is, there is a blonde haired warrior, Conan type character, with a longsword, who is also his rival. 

That's cool.  Glad you're enjoying them.  I'll probably check them out in the near future.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 11:35 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

That's cool.  Glad you're enjoying them.  I'll probably check them out in the near future.

Yeah, thanks dude.:smile:

And yeah, I highly recommend that you check them out, whenever you have time. They are really fun to read.:smile:

Edited by musicboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, MoraMoria said:

Those are some retro comics, I didn't know about the existence of "Groo, The Wanderer", until you mentioned it.

Yeah, no surprise. There are alot of comics and video games, that people have not heard about, or unfortunately, have been forgotten.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/26/2019 at 12:49 AM, musicboy said:

Yeah, no surprise. There are alot of comics and video games, that people have not heard about, or unfortunately, have been forgotten.

 

That's true, and I think I've read and looked at some obscure comics and books from other countries, that would not be possible to find in the Internet anymore, or even get physical copies of them.

Edited by MoraMoria
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 10:54 AM, MoraMoria said:

That's true, and I think I've read and looked at some obscure comics and books from other countries, that would not be possible to find in the Internet anymore, or even get physical copies of them.

Yep. And because they are super rare, people will sometimes sell them, for ridiculously high prices.

Edited by musicboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Yep. And because they are super rare, people will sometimes sell them, for ridiculously high prices.

Yeah, although I'm not sure about comics. They would have to be extra-rare to have a significant value.

As for the books, not only they need to be rare, but also there must be some demand for it, whether because of their historical importance, to whom it belonged to, condition, the book edition... I've had access to some rare weird books, but were not worth a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, MoraMoria said:

Yeah, although I'm not sure about comics. They would have to be extra-rare to have a significant value.

As for the books, not only they need to be rare, but also there must be some demand for it, whether because of their historical importance, to whom it belonged to, condition, the book edition...

Yep. But I heard in the US, there are comic book auctions, for old rare comics. And some of them sell, for about $4000 plus dollars sometimes. I know that there are some, older comic book fans out there, that will pay that amount of money for a comic. It must be alot fun for them, hunting around, for rare old comics.:smile:

 

On 5/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, MoraMoria said:

I've had access to some rare weird books, but were not worth a lot.

It's possible, it might be worth something to a few people. Probably more. And as the old people say, "One mans trash, is another man's treasure.":tongue:

Edited by musicboy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 1/13/2019 at 12:28 PM, musicboy said:

Anyone here, ever read the Groo The Wanderer comics? Especially the ones created by marvel?

I like that old 80's comic series. It's really funny too.:laugh:

The hero Groo, literally puts Samurai X and that Conan dude, to shame with his antics.:laugh:

I think i still have a couple groo comics in my attic.  it's been years since i looked though.  I know one of them, for a fact, is a #3 because i just checked the covers @ http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/groo-the-wanderer/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...