DSP Gaming

Ask the King Ep. 89 - TBD December 2021

Phil

I was wondering if your had considered signing up to Odysee/LRBY? They automatically backup all of your YouTube videos without needing any effort from you. This would also be another platform to stream off of if your YouTube account if it would ever get banned by the trolls like with what they did on Twitch. Plus, it's free!

Who is your favourite Dragon Ball character from classic Dragon Ball? And who is your favourite from Z. Did you see the Broly movie>

I'm not sure if this was asked before, but why not do something with membership members that have subscribed for a long time (such as 2+ months) along with people that have been supporting the channel for a long time (such as Philsmokescrack that you commented on,) a game like Mario Kart? You have total control of the room, can kick trolls out if they are bad, and it's highly unlikely a troll is a long time membership member at 2+ months.

Thank you for answering my last question.

• 2 weeks later...

I know you've said that you played some mobile-games in the past, such as one involving Wrestling-cards, the famous Candy-Crush lookalike, and one about Dragon-Ball-Dokkan, (that I recall on your Instagram from years ago). You then quit after your now wife moved in, however I remember that at the time you were hooked up to some of them, by your own words.

Since you have an exceptional perspective on these matters given that you got the full experience, my question is: what advice can you give someone that is obsessed with these types of games? I know people that treat things like these like a time-burner, you know, play while you watch the TV or do some other things, but they end up consumed by them.

It can be seen as borderline ludopathy and it can be really dangerous. Can you give your perspective for someone that needs help?

Please, answer this as if you were directly addressing one of my friends, as if they were in front of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil!

My brother and I went to take to the trash some things that we had when we were kids like toys and such, some of my dolls look so vintage that I might decide to resell them. I was curious about which type of toys or retro stuff you had when you were kid and also what would you do with your friends to pass the afternoon. You know like besides going to arcades, did you play some sports? How did the Phil from the 80's and early 90's spend his time? I remember my classmates hooked up to tamagotchis, but that was a bit later.

One last thing, did you ever get that Masters Of The Universe toy that looks like a buffed up glowing skeleton? It's so funny but it looks absolutely ridiculous, I have it here from my brother in a cardboard box waiting its demise :laugh:. It's from the 80's so I'm curious if you had it at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Phil, are there concerns regarding your business generating revenue in the long term? It seems since the transition to YouTube, it's the same half dozen viewers contributing throughout the week (in terms of reaching the tips goal). Considering this handful of viewers donate large sums per stream (and make the most progress towards the tips goal), losing one of these contributors may result in serious financial consequences.

Phil, is a downside to your content that it relies on the video game to carry the stream? For example, some streamers (such as xQc) generate the same viewership and contributions when they play any video game, good or bad, new or old, triple-A or indie, while playing alone or with friends, without the need of finishing them (but they do finish them sometimes). In addition, they can stream themselves reacting to content, browsing the internet, or doing activities indoors and streaming in public, and generate the same success.

Edited by MufflerBearing

Phil, don't you think it's a bad idea to not pay attention to what popular streamers are doing (and what's trending on Twitch)? You say you don't watch other streamers, but wouldn't that be like a tech company refusing to take note of what companies such as Microsoft and Apple are doing? It sounds like a bad business decision. Also, it would probably improve your take on the community, because fyi most popular streamers do not dress up as cartoon characters and dye their hair. The only top streamer that dresses up as a character and puts on an act is Dr. DisRespect, and 80% (if not more) of top streamers don't dye their hair fancy colors.

(A Patreon Subscriber)

1. With the gaming landscape changing as both Sony and Microsoft have 20+ Studio's each,
we can officially say there'll never again be a dry season where Xbox or PlayStation doesn't have games. And I see people changing the gaming debate from what the console's can or can't do and putting the focus on who will have the better games and paying 70 dollars
Vs Game Pass. What's your opinion on the games finally getting the attention over the hardware?

2. Phil Spencer teased a possible cross over with Halo & Doom in some form because of fan request for it. In all
likely hood it maybe a online multiplayer update, But I'm hoping for a story campaign
where we switch between Master Chief & Doom Guy. What's your opinion.

3. Earlier this year we had flight Simulator that had gamers flying almost anywhere in the
world. As Microsoft advance the map technology they used, Should there be a Forza equivalent to flight Simulator that'll let gamers drive around cities and states.
even if we have to download one city at time because the file size maybe huge?

4. last November Firehouse subs was acquired by Restaurant Brands International Inc
the same company that also own's Burger King, Popeyes and Tim Horton's. Now that Firehouse is owned by a company that'll push for more location's in the states do you think they'll keep the subs fresh or be like SubWay with frozen meet and cheaper ingredients? Enjoy your Christmas weekend.

(A Patreon Subscriber Gioyanks)

Whatever happened to your 2010 Game of the Year countdown videos? I have been a longtime fan for over a decade now and I have always wanted to see where did these videos  ever went since the countdown actually happened. Why were they never uploaded after the blip.tv situation?
I always try to get the games that are included in your countdowns every year and these feel like a lost collection type of scenario unfortunately. Will you ever be able to reupload it? If not, do you remember any of the best games? This also was the only top 20 Games of the Year countdown that existed on your channel, which also makes this specific one unique. I am excited to see this one answered, especially at a time when ps3 game prices are starting to go up.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays Phil!!

Phil, why do you move your head so much when you talk? Just kidding.

But don't you think this website is an unnecessary expense? I think most of your viewers barely use it, and I would bet you barely use it too. You're probably going to answer more questions from your Twitter than from this thread for Ask the King... And the majority of streamers (big and small) don't have a website - rather, they use established social media platforms only.

• Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic