DSP Gaming

Phil's "supporters" troll him....

esi

I'm convinced of it. Phil consistently is "transparent" about the complete disarray that is his income/finances...regular basis. So he has a couple of slow streams...gets on pre-stream today with scribble on a piece of paper and a "I'm stressed out speech"....and the tip goal is hit within 30 minutes.  I think these dudes who support him get off on this song and dance he does....they love this "shambles" act . With as much money as these dudes give him....there is absolutely NO REASON for him to have slow streams. I really think these "whales" are just simple fucking trolls that like to see the big guy dance. I've taken shots at Phil...obviously....but this truly is isn't one. The whales are some weird fucking dudes. 

Edited by esi

What if, just hear me out folks‼ There are people who contribute because they [truly want to "help" Phil with his financial situation]/[enjoy his streams/persona], like Rob, for example; and then there are people who contribute to prolong and/or incite the "spectacle" that is the everyday of the DarksydePhil-Universe.

The ratio of these two main categories of fans is up for debate & speculation, which is sometimes discussed in "detractor circles" such as Kiwifarms, which adds to the "show" ironic-fans aim for as part of their Nonsense.gif.b938b286a2a5c9775340d1a3f8133a03.gif-farming.

WI.thumb.jpg.71deff4189770e7057ae4d60a3e27146.jpg

11 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

What if, just hear me out folks‼ There are people who contribute because they [truly want to "help" Phil with his financial situation]/[enjoy his streams/persona], like Rob, for example; and then there are people who contribute to prolong and/or incite the "spectacle" that is the everyday of the DarksydePhil-Universe.

The ratio of these two main categories of fans is up for debate & speculation, which is sometimes discussed in "detractor circles" such as Kiwifarms, which adds to the "show" ironic-fans aim for as part of their Nonsense.gif.b938b286a2a5c9775340d1a3f8133a03.gif-farming.

WI.thumb.jpg.71deff4189770e7057ae4d60a3e27146.jpg

I'm not saying there aren't fans that give to genuinely support Phil and his content...It's the ones who give thousands of dollars for a "spectacle" that weird me out. It's the same deal with sock accounts among the whales...the weird hoops they jump is so cringe and weird...and it's a huge factor in the trolls who genuinely want to makes Phil's life miserable.  Just support him in a normal way...I think it's pretty obvious that the ratio is heavily favoring the "spectacle" supporters.  

10 minutes ago, esi said:

It's the same deal with sock accounts among the whales...the weird hoops they jump is so cringe and weird...and it's a huge factor in the trolls who genuinely want to makes Phil's life miserable.  Just support him in a normal way...

We've already established that for some type of people, it's not about supporting, it's about what indirectly comes with their contributions. So I don't know why you're saying: "Just support him in a normal way...", then it would lose all meaning.

At this point it's almost a direct cause, you burn 50$ with obscure-Minecraft-guy's name and people will start crafting theories, (repeating the usual ad nauseam stuff), and more. They get their jollies thinking it was a kid using their parents' credit-card, and the actual person gets theirs by making these people believe something and investigate for a bit before they go back to the usual discussion.

Very summarized, it's not that deep anyways. Instead of going to the bar or whatever, they decide to enjoy the power that comes with slightly influencing this little reality around Phil, AKA DarksydePhil, and possibly remain a super-secret mystery that is (((((((moving the strings))))))).

What is there to not understand? You've said it's cringe and weird, well, maybe that's just what it is.

We can discuss why some guy decided to smash his head on a moving fan, why did he do it? There has to be something in there... what compels someone to act this way? If you have any hypotheses I'd like to hear them.