DSP Gaming

Why the name change?

On 1/6/2022 at 11:25 PM, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

Most of his merch still says king of hate, he is realising just now that it was a stupid brand that took sponsorship opportunities away.

What are you talking about, what merch? Wasn't it closed?

Besides from Patreon, where he has not changed the URL:

Patreon.png.44f721f71e37228bdaf8922842ad90ca.png

And his second-channel's banner:

Hate.png.3cf1190888088a73add1ab309889ac78.png

And his KO Gaming's link:

KO1.png.004f793879b248d65cfc8afc9508b52b.png

And his KO Gaming's description:

KO2.png.175583c84bac089ea346ac96e20cf31b.png

And his "darksydephil" channel's description:

Dark1.thumb.png.33e394b2d906588d2d0ec8c82b5c5a8a.png

And his... wait, where was I?

Yeah, what are you talking about? There is no more merch with the King Of Hate.

Edited by MoraMoria

1 hour ago, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

I never bought that it was "using the hate he got to fuel himself" argument. 

That's the reason he gave for its creation, regardless of whether he had the mental fortitude to stand by such ideals.

I like the principle because it pushes you to become better, even when everything is against you, but I don't believe he could pull it off for the last half a decade, at the very least. The King Of Hate, whoever that is and chooses to be, would thrive in his environment and prove his or her detractors wrong with actions, not words. Threads would not be closed, common terms would not be banned, and topics now regarded as "conspiracy theories" would be faced.

And he/she would enjoy it while doing so, but it takes a certain mental state for it, which I don't think Phil is close to.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:02 AM, MoraMoria said:

Because he wants to rebrand, in some way.

Why? If you ask him, he'll probably give you the reasons he has already mentioned the day he announced it.

Best way to get an answer is probably on stream, or if you post it in Ask The King.

The problem with trying to watch a VOD for an answer is that phil routinely takes 45 minutes to answer something that should take 90 seconds. He's too in live with his own thoughts, opinions and voicing said thoughts and opinions to consider whether or not his audience is getting bored or not.

In regards to the OP--lip stick on a pig analogy seems appropriate for the name change. 

1 hour ago, lordpriapushimself said:

The problem with trying to watch a VOD for an answer is that phil routinely takes 45 minutes to answer something that should take 90 seconds. He's too in live with his own thoughts, opinions and voicing said thoughts and opinions to consider whether or not his audience is getting bored or not.

Well, yeah. If OP asks that question without being specific or without baiting him into saying the underlying reason for the name change, a "scripted" response is what I expect, (I.e: what he already told the other day).

I've explained what I personally think about the term, and I believe that at least it started as a way for him to deal with his "detractors" & criticism towards him when he was younger, he just couldn't embody the idea.

Now less than ever, there's no reason for him to use it.

On 1/5/2022 at 5:07 PM, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

This is his brand, a decade in.  I don't think changing it will do anything, considering how unknown he is to the general audience.

It's just him pushing the "Trolls were out to get me" Twitch ban narrative. I wouldn't even call this a "brand". His YT channel can't pull 1k views with any consistency per video and the streaming part of it is overwhelmingly supported by Tips from a handful of people. He's just holding on at this point.