DSP Gaming

Let chat have fun!

JidozeKichimonimi1

Past several times when I've checked out the stream the first thing I hear is DSP threatening to ban people. Their crime? Just talking with each other and having fun.

Phil, you want your streams to be a nice chill place? Don't force people to talk about you and the game. You don't have to be the central topic. How many new people have come to check you out only to get turned off by you yelling at chat?

• Like 1

It's a grey area of discussion.

Personally I agree the platform belongs to Youtube/Twitch, not to you, so you generally shouldn't be telling people what they can discuss.

On the other hand it's your Channel and your stream, so if people are distracting and talking about crap like politics or what they had for breakfast you should be allowed to tell them to stfu. You have 100% control over the stream and chat, so if you want to disallow irrelevant conversations you can.

At this point it's up to the streamer.

Well he's been saying stuff like "guys don't talk to each other about cars/other games/movies and shit, talk to me!"

Phil generally doesn't start conversations, he wants people to bring things up to him and let him reply. If they talk to each other he gets angry.

It's like going to a party, and instead of being allowed to mingle the host demands everyone pays them attention and not talk to each other.

There's already a thread about this:

Like all of this is common sense, there's no depth to this issue.

The streamer can ban whoever they want since last time I checked it does not go against TOS, (unless if done by discriminating against the person's physical traits/race/sex/done with "hatred"/and so on, for example and in theory), and that will have a repercussion in how the audience sees him & how happy they are with it.

He already knows this...

It's like a business, if you treat your customers with respect, you'll have a better chance that they choose you over the competitor, (leaving aside the quality of your content). He acts like this because he thinks he is right, but you can't debate him on that because he has isolated himself from criticism to a ridiculous level.

The same song.

Its his chat, he can moderate it however he wants. HOWEVER, his moderation prevents natural interaction or anything not related to him. Narcissistic behaviour at its hardest. The amazing thing is that people still try to chat there XD, i would never sub to speak in such an abominable chat.

Also, there is the problem of it being more akin to a cult than an actual chat. He gaslights his audience constantly. Literally. He will say a thing, someone in chat will bring it up, then he will deny it EVEN THOUGH THERE IS VIDEO EVIDENCE OF IT. He did the same thing with the cat reveal, where he recently denied that he said it was a 1k (it was 2k by the way, so lied again) reveal for a big surprise, someone called him out on it and he responded by banning the person. 

1 hour ago, Marthawho said:

He gaslights his audience constantly. Literally. He will say a thing, someone in chat will bring it up, then he will deny it EVEN THOUGH THERE IS VIDEO EVIDENCE OF IT.

So you straight up admit that people go into his stream chat to derail the conversations toward drama.

And you guys wonder why he tells people to keep it related to the stream.

9 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

So you straight up admit that people go into his stream chat to derail the conversations toward drama.

And you guys wonder why he tells people to keep it related to the stream.

When you say derail, do you mean 'go there and talk about something other than the stream'? If that's the case, im sure it is. Also, im presenting evidence that he has been gaslighting his chat for years, outright lying about things and then saying 'i never said that'. So again, its his chat, whatever, but he is telling people to only talk about the game or stfu, and people wonder why his chat is usually dead and he asks '300 people watching and the chat is dead'. Well, that's also due to the many viewbots that certain members are using to artificially inflate phil's views.

I'm just saying you guys are being hypocritical when you complain that Phil won't let people talk about whatever they want in chat, then you bring up people talking about "video evidence" like the dude is on trial for a crime. How are you not derailing his stream again?

I originally agreed with you that people should be able to chat about whatever bullshit they want, but if you're bringing drama into his chat then no shit he's going to ban you.

In my opinion I think it's fine for him to ban certain topics like politics or religion. If he wants to ban sports as well, that fine. It's his stream.

What I don't understand is he wants his chat to talk to him while he's playing games. That never made sense to me because how can he do both at the same time. It should be other way. There is nothing sadder than his fans trying to interact with Phil getting ignored because he's too busy playing his game. I've seen many people repeat the same questions multiple times to get his attention and never gets answered.

Other issue that I have is he'll bring up topics and expect people to not bring it up. For example, in one the prestreams he talked about plumbing issue for his bathroom. It was a big deal because he talked about it in length. The next day someone brought it up and ask for an update but got shot down by DSP saying it's non of his business. He should realize if you bring something up on stream, people will talk.

Do you think its ok to be a hypocrite and a liar? I personally dont. I do streaming too, and if i said for example "I made a million dollars yesterday" and then said the next 10 minutes "I made 100 dollars" and someone called me out on it, and my reaction would be "Ok you know what you're an idiot and you're banned" i would say im the asshole, wouldnt you agree? Hell, phil changed the cat story, the helicopter company story and his wwe champions story multiple times, contradicting himself each time. To point it out doesnt make you an asshole in my book, it makes you inquisitive, not a bad trait to have methinks.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 8:53 PM, Marthawho said:

He did the same thing with the cat reveal, where he recently denied that he said it was a 1k (it was 2k by the way, so lied again) reveal for a big surprise, someone called him out on it and he responded by banning the person. 

Cat reveal was for 1k. He got 2k+ that day because someone tipped like a $1k after the tips goal was met.

• Like 1

Just for your information, Phil sometimes ignores questions on purpose in hopes that the person will desist, he has said so himself, (paraphrasing): "Alright X, you realize I'm not answering that question so why do you keep asking? Stop asking."

The point of this is that not always they'll get ignored because he's focused in the game, and the question itself does not necessarily need to be about drama, he might simply not be interested in addressing it.

If he gets asked to clarify what he meant seconds/minutes earlier because it doesn't make sense, I don't see why they should get banned or insulted.

The "punching his boss/peer" is a decent example. He might have misspoke but why should he react like that when he gets asked?

2 hours ago, Higgs said:

Phil says you are insulting him when telling the truth about him.

Exactly my point. Kg says its supposed to be trolling if i ask a person to confirm a statement he did/said. Its not, its a simple debate. I dont expect to go around telling people lies and not get called out for it. Just the other day he got angry at someone in chat for asking him what happened with the shower that was broken and had to get it fixed for 1000$ (another blatant lie by the way, 100 dollars at most) and he literally said "I dont know what the fuck you're talking about, you're an idiot, banned". How is that not gaslighting?

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Just for your information, Phil sometimes ignores questions on purpose in hopes that the person will desist, he has said so himself, (paraphrasing): "Alright X, you realize I'm not answering that question so why do you keep asking? Stop asking."

The point of this is that not always they'll get ignored because he's focused in the game, and the question itself does not necessarily need to be about drama, he might simply not be interested in addressing it.

If he gets asked to clarify what he meant seconds/minutes earlier because it doesn't make sense, I don't see why they should get banned or insulted.

The "punching his boss/peer" is a decent example. He might have misspoke but why should he react like that when he gets asked?

Not to mention the massive hypocrisy of saying constantly "chat is dead, noone is talking" and then when someone talks he ignores it or bans them.

8 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Then don't be surprised when you get banned.

Im not, nor will i ever, subscribe to his channel.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marthawho said:

Yet has zero problem posting on his forum.

6 hours ago, Higgs said:

Phil says you are insulting him when telling the truth about him.

So coming onto his chat and calling him a liar isn't going to get you kicked out? kek

You must not watch alot of streamers, because most of them would ban you outright if you started accusing them.

They are streaming for your free entertainment, in reality they don't owe you shit regardless of how much money people throw at them.

7 hours ago, Marthawho said:

3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Yet has zero problem posting on his forum.

Let's begin the debate.

HHHH.thumb.jpg.191603d3c99a23c376bbb381b6f75acb.jpg

Edited by MoraMoria

4 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

They are streaming for your free entertainment, in reality they don't owe you shit regardless of how much money people throw at them.

I agree, but don't you think the other way around makes sense too? Phil keeps talking about the tips goal and how it shouldn't be one person's responsibility to hit it, but in reality it's no one's responsibility to support a streamer. The vest streak, while profitable has spoiled him to the point where he needs to hit a goal every stream, regardless of quality. Phil before 2018 was just happy to get $50 per stream.

• Like 1