DSP Gaming

Reasons why memberships might not be going up.

JidozeKichimonimi1

On stream phil says he's playing all the new releases, he doesn't know why people aren't becoming members and doesn't know what to do.

Few reasons:

1. People don't want to. Straight up, that is a valid reason. They don't want to become a member of your channel.

2. They're not getting anything out of it. If I were to look at other streamers on twitch and youtube, apart from emotes, they offer a lot of other stuff, like discord invites, gaming with subs, thank-you merch, ability to add songs to the streamers play list and numerous other things. 

3. Phil only really offers ask the king, and voting on games. The former, other streamers do for free. People ask questions in the comments section and they compile that into a video. The latter, well Phil doesn't have a good track record. He either vetoes the option or quits the game early.

4. It really is a transactional thing. Being a streamer is a privilege, especially if you can make a living. You should be obligated to give back to your supporters no matter how little they give you.

I think Phil should look at memberships more as "what can I do for my viewers" rather than "what can they do for me". What do you think?

There’s just not enough interest in him to get beyond 300-400 members. His Twitch sub count was vastly inflated by the gifted subs. He simply needs to accept the fact that without the gifted option, he’s basically hit his ceiling. Phil loves to use the word “engagement”…he’ll talk about likes and comments…but none of that shit matters if people don’t spend money. He’s not relevant…bottom line. 

I think Elden Ring and HZD 2 release proved that it's not new games that bring people in, it's streamers.

How many people stumble across dspgaming, decide to check it out the livestream of elden ring then close the tab because the first thing they hear is him berating chat for not donating or becoming members? It turns people off.

What people enjoy most is when dsp rages. That's always a thing people enjoy seeing and he should lean into it. Fighting games, fromsoft etc really bring the salt and a lot of donations.

• 3 weeks later...

You just...Don't...Get it, do you?

What you get is pride and honor, because DSP streams are the best streams and you help them continue and grow. What's more, you help YOURSELF continue and grow, because the more DSP streams continue and grow, the more you get to engage with them. Because they're the best, you're only ultimately helping yourself in the end by doing what it takes to help them continue and grow -- which entails, among other things...Becoming a member. It's simple logic. It's not a matter of "asking what [x] can do for [y]" in the first place because Phil already did the most for you from the beginning. 

Look at me -- I became a member from behind the scenes and my grass grew greener than ever before recently. I won a lifetime supply of turtlewax and got hit on by the lunch lady instead of ME having to do all the WORK for a change. It happened to me and it can happen to you. You just gotta believe.

Just become a member. Just...Just...DO IT AAAAARRGGGHH! You get so many benefits. Those benefits? The same thousands upon thousands of videos of wonderful content that DSP has created, BUT with an added sheen to them all. At first you can't quite place it, what the sheen is and where it comes from. But then you realize the videos are all the more beautiful because you earned them that much more by becoming a member. The sights greater, the sounds sweeter, the ass references phatter. You weep as a dove descends and realize this is what you should've done all along, aside from copious tips that should NEVER stop.

You see, by giving, you find not only that Phil continues to give back even more than he's already given (which is to say way more important than even any firefighter or surgeon), but the UNIVERSE gives back. That is the esoteric truth. That is the SECRET. And that is what something ONLY APPROXIMATING 300 people currently know. The people making up that different between the current amount and the vaunted 300 are sadly lost souls, to say nothing of the masses of people who have fallen away from the grace of DSP over the years (if they even were blessed enough to know at all).

Wake up, open your mind, and become a member. It's the right thing to do, and that is more than any emoji or reward or perk or what have you could ever grant. Phil knows this and that's why he keeps the measly rewards sparse, because he wants people to become more deeply attuned to the intrinsic value of supporting Phil and the universal peace and grace that floods them when they are focused primarily on supporting Phil and aren't distracted by the paltries of the world -- paltries which he himself could keep and harness for the continued bettering of DSPGaming and, by extension, all of humankind. He knows that by being rewarded less the people are actually being rewarded MORE.

It's like the ancients said: "Just pay, it's okay."

I can summarize it for you:

Country.thumb.jpg.72dc6b7ec2bc935a1ad221799ecec0ed.jpg

Can it be any clearer? You give him money because you love what he does and want him to continue. That's the incentive.

Edited by MoraMoria

20 hours ago, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

Well he keeps talking about memberships and super thanks and I'm like, dude, you're not giving people much incentive to join up. How does supporting you give me anything? You already put out content anyway.

He’s just waiting for the gifted membership function to be released. He knows his channel isn’t growing organically…hell, he played dumb when 10-11 sock accounts were made to hit one of his goals. He’s relevant to a couple hundred people…and 4-5 big tippers….who themselves make sock accounts to tip under. That about sums Phil up. 

12 hours ago, NityPost said:

You just...Don't...Get it, do you?

What you get is pride and honor, because DSP streams are the best streams and you help them continue and grow. What's more, you help YOURSELF continue and grow, because the more DSP streams continue and grow, the more you get to engage with them. Because they're the best, you're only ultimately helping yourself in the end by doing what it takes to help them continue and grow -- which entails, among other things...Becoming a member. It's simple logic. It's not a matter of "asking what [x] can do for [y]" in the first place because Phil already did the most for you from the beginning. 

Look at me -- I became a member from behind the scenes and my grass grew greener than ever before recently. I won a lifetime supply of turtlewax and got hit on by the lunch lady instead of ME having to do all the WORK for a change. It happened to me and it can happen to you. You just gotta believe.

Just become a member. Just...Just...DO IT AAAAARRGGGHH! You get so many benefits. Those benefits? The same thousands upon thousands of videos of wonderful content that DSP has created, BUT with an added sheen to them all. At first you can't quite place it, what the sheen is and where it comes from. But then you realize the videos are all the more beautiful because you earned them that much more by becoming a member. The sights greater, the sounds sweeter, the ass references phatter. You weep as a dove descends and realize this is what you should've done all along, aside from copious tips that should NEVER stop.

You see, by giving, you find not only that Phil continues to give back even more than he's already given (which is to say way more important than even any firefighter or surgeon), but the UNIVERSE gives back. That is the esoteric truth. That is the SECRET. And that is what something ONLY APPROXIMATING 300 people currently know. The people making up that different between the current amount and the vaunted 300 are sadly lost souls, to say nothing of the masses of people who have fallen away from the grace of DSP over the years (if they even were blessed enough to know at all).

Wake up, open your mind, and become a member. It's the right thing to do, and that is more than any emoji or reward or perk or what have you could ever grant. Phil knows this and that's why he keeps the measly rewards sparse, because he wants people to become more deeply attuned to the intrinsic value of supporting Phil and the universal peace and grace that floods them when they are focused primarily on supporting Phil and aren't distracted by the paltries of the world -- paltries which he himself could keep and harness for the continued bettering of DSPGaming and, by extension, all of humankind. He knows that by being rewarded less the people are actually being rewarded MORE.

It's like the ancients said: "Just pay, it's okay."

Homie you could’ve done the sarcastic thing with far less words…lol…I hope you at least took a shit during that word vomit. 

Where was I sarcastic? The Loveful Truth must be borne out repeatedly and in great and varied detail in order that the masses may better internalize it, like a mantra of sorts. 

I did take a HATE. SHIT. recently, though, so your intuition is not far off. You may just become a DSPle yet!

On 3/6/2022 at 5:56 PM, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

I think Elden Ring and HZD 2 release proved that it's not new games that bring people in, it's streamers.

He straight up said today that there was no change with the new releases, so that's accurate.

It's not the content that affects his viewership.

57 minutes ago, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

Has there been instances of his viewership skyrocketing after a new release? Maybe with a new fighting game like mortal kombat 11?

When he was on Twitch he would occasionally get 1 or 2K viewers, being on Youtube kinda stagnated his growth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

Now phil is offering good incentives with the react stuff. He's always slow and reluctant to improve his content, but I can see him eventually doing "playing with fans" as a goal.

React content is "good incentives"? Lol...you say so. He's not playing with fans unless he has absolutely no choice...but who knows...with the amount of "support" tweets his been posting, it might come sooner rather then later. 

But it's something, you know?

People in the chat were fed up with dsp asking for donations and subscribers but not giving anything to fans in return.

Youtuber/streamers/influencers unfortunately think nowadays they should be paid just for turning a camera on, like they're a pay per view show. What happened to the days when they did it out of passion and any money was something extra?

It's really not anything....he needed people creating dozens of sock accounts for him to even hit the Wings React goal....and then played dumb when nobody re-upped the memberships. He'll give up on this soon....it's obviously not catching on. He's already doing the "I've offered all I can" whining. 

Incentives to become a member are nice and all but even if Phil comes up something more enticing I don't think it will help, all the people who like him enough to become a member have already done so. He needs to pull in new people who will stick around in his streams long enough to want to pay for a membership and I just don't see that happening.

28 minutes ago, Recom said:

Incentives to become a member are nice and all but even if Phil comes up something more enticing I don't think it will help, all the people who like him enough to become a member have already done so. He needs to pull in new people who will stick around in his streams long enough to want to pay for a membership and I just don't see that happening.

and Phil knows it won't happen. He's just holding on for as long as he can. There's no light at the end of the tunnel for him. 

On 5/9/2022 at 12:50 PM, esi said:

and Phil knows it won't happen. He's just holding on for as long as he can. There's no light at the end of the tunnel for him. 

It could happen, but it would require a level of self-reflection and self-improvement that Philip doesn't seem to be capable of anymore.

On 5/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, Recom said:

It could happen, but it would require a level of self-reflection and self-improvement that Philip doesn't seem to be capable of anymore.

No amount of improvement or reflection will change the fact that he’s simply not relevant to anyone outside of his small audience. But even that’s a moot point….because he’s not changing. He’s made bills/begging an even bigger part of his streams…he’s shown complete hypocrisy by this silly React shit….something he’s ripped people for doing. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

Has there been instances of his viewership skyrocketing after a new release? Maybe with a new fighting game like mortal kombat 11?

Why does it feel like you and Esi are on this board to just crap on Phil. I'd become a member if I had the money and donate more. It's funny how you act like everyone would like the perks you suggested in a previous thread. As long as Phil keeps making content, I'm happy and I am sure there are others like me. I enjoy his Down the Rabbit Holes reaction.

8 hours ago, Hyperior21 said:

Why does it feel like you and Esi are on this board to just crap on Phil. I'd become a member if I had the money and donate more. It's funny how you act like everyone would like the perks you suggested in a previous thread. As long as Phil keeps making content, I'm happy and I am sure there are others like me. I enjoy his Down the Rabbit Holes reaction.

You're really crying poor over $3.99? I'll agree with Phil on this....those memberships are cheap as hell....so in his own words...."there is literally NO reason to not become a member". You're not a fan...just a cheap lurker :)