DSP Gaming

2022 NFL Draft & 2022-2023 NFL Season

sateler96

2 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Yes but Peyton takes pay cuts to keep players same with Brady, and now Derek Carr is learning that 

I'm not arguing with you on that necessarily.  

Look, I'm sure you've been a die hard Packer fan since childhood, but, Aaron Rodgers, regardless of how greedy he may be, is still one of the greatest players your franchise ever produced as far as I am concerned.  Plus, your organization hasn't done a consistent job in surrounding Rodgers with a good cast on offense and defense.

18 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I'm not arguing with you on that necessarily.  

Look, I'm sure you've been a die hard Packer fan since childhood, but, Aaron Rodgers, regardless of how greedy he may be, is still one of the greatest players your franchise ever produced as far as I am concerned.  Plus, your organization hasn't done a consistent job in surrounding Rodgers with a good cast on offense and defense.

Yeah but giving him a huge contract aint gonna help either since we lost Adams, and Rogers knew once he got that money we would lost Adams 

11 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Yeah but giving him a huge contract aint gonna help either since we lost Adams, and Rogers knew once he got that money we would lost Adams 

True. 

Anyways, I think you should still be excited for this year's draft man.  This is how NFL teams are built.

As for me and my NY Jets, I hope they get not only a quality edge rusher, but also, Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner as well in the 1st round.

4 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

I think for the Bills, their best bet is to get cornerback depth, unless they find a starting caliber running back. Other than that, there isn't much they need at this point.

I have seen tons of mock drafts that have the Bills take Breece Hall.

14 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

And number one goes to Trevon Walker, as they just kept talking about another guy the entire time before the pick who should've been number one lol

Lions with the better decision to take Aiden, too easy of a pick

MY JETS JUST GOT THE SAUCE BABY!!!  

Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner is now a NY Jet.

39 minutes ago, SilentWarrior25 said:

It's been all great picks so far for the BIlls, cannot complain. Getting depth at LB in the 3rd round will help out lots with their rotational strategy.

My Jets have made great picks as well.  Last night we drafted Breece Hall and and Jeremy Ruckert.

Hello fellow football fans,

Today, I want to talk about something that I've been wanting to talk about after what my NY Jets have done in free agency and in the 2022 NFL Draft.  I want to personally come out and say boldly that IMO Zach Wilson will take a huge step in his development, progression, and most of all growth as an NFL quarterback.  IMO Zach Wilson will have a very good to great year in his 2nd season with the Green & White.

However, before I get into that, I want to proudly say that our general manager, Joe Douglas, has been a Godsend for the franchise.  We haven't had a competent and intelligent GM since NFL legend and Hall of Famer, Bill Parcells.  What Joe Douglas has done since taking over the job from Mike Maccagnan back in June, 2019, has been awesome.  Granted, the Jets haven't won a whole since he has been our GM, but, that is mostly due to the crappy moves and investments our previous GMs have done.  The moves Joe Douglas has done and made have been not only bold, but beautiful as well.  Recently, he has put our potential franchise quarterback, Zach Wilson, in the best position to succeed in his 2nd year in the NFL  This is something our previous general managers failed to do for Mark Sanchez in his last 2 years with the team, Geno Smith, and Sam Darnold.  The biggest reasons Zach Wilson struggled at times during his rookie season was because the O-line wasn't very good, the wide receivers weren't that productive and weren't that deep in depth, the tight ends were straight up garbage, and last but not least, the defense was the worst in all of football.  These are not excuses, these are the facts.

After the season ended and once free agency began, Joe Douglas proceeded to add more depth and talent to the offensive and defensive side to the football as well as special teams.  He brought in Tight Ends CJ Uzomah from the AFC Champion Cincinnati Bengals and Tyler Conklin from the Minnesota Vikings, the talented cornerback DJ Reed from the Seattle Seahawks, the talented safety from the 2020 Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jordan Whitehead, kicker Greg Zuerlein from the Dallas Cowboys, and most impressively, Laken Tomlinson, the All-Pro left guard from the San Francisco 49ers.  Of course, they also resigned All-Pro kick returner and punt returner Braxton Berrios and running back Tevin Coleman.  In the 2022 NFL Draft, JD took cornerback Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner from the University of Cincinnati, wide receiver Garrett Wilson from Ohio State, and defensive end/outside linebacker Jermaine Johnson II from Florida State University in the 1st round.  In the 2nd and 3rd rounds, JD took running back Breece Hall from Iowa St. and tight end Jeremy Ruckert from Ohio State, who happens to be a Long Island native and a longtime NY Jets fan since childhood.  In the 4th round, JD took offensive tackle Max Mitchell from Louisiana Lafayette and defensive end Michael Clemons from Texas A & M.  These players were ranked by many respected analysts such as Mel Kiper Jr. in the top 20 in their respective positions.  That is incredible if you ask me.

Now, the reason why I think that Zach Wilson will take a big step in his 2nd year is that I believe in his character, attitude, work ethic, attitude, and his demand for greatness.  Throughout rookie season, I saw him improve and grow as the season went on especially during the last 6 games.  To my eyes, from the acquisitions the Jets made in the draft and free agency, they look like a much improved football team compared to last year and in seasons past.  The o-line has the potential to be a real solid unit as long they play well and jell well together.  The wide receivers and tight ends are more talented and possess more depth than in recent seasons.  IMO, Garrett Wilson should be our #1 receiver over Corey Davis who is really more of a #2 receiver.  As for the tight ends, it is without a doubt in my mind that CJ Uzomah will be our primary tight end.  IMO, CJ Uzomah is the best tight end the Jets have had since Dustin Keller.  Our running back room IMO is also much improved as well.  While I love Michael Carter (the running back the Jets drafted from North Carolina in the 4th round in last year's draft), I strongly believe that Breece Hall will be our #1 running back.  As for our defense, with the talent and depth we added in the draft and free agency, it can't be any worse than last year.  While I don't think the Jets will have a top 5/top 10 defensive unit this upcoming season, I do hope and believe that they will be much better than last year.  IMO, what really hurt the Jets defense last year were injuries and lack of depth.  We lost Carl Lawson, who was having an amazing camp, to an Achilles injury during a joint practice with the Green Bay Packers and Vinny Curry to a rare blood disorder.  With Lawson and Curry back, I do hope as well as believe that they will add not only experience, but also leadership to the defense as well.

Now, with that being said, there shouldn't be any excuses for Zach Wilson to not being able to take the next step forward.  I remember when he entered the 2021 NFL Draft, tons of fans and analysts were saying that Zach Wilson has Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes II type talent and potential.  If Zach Wilson can continue where he left off the last 6 games of the season last year and take advantage of what the Jets have done for him in the draft and free agency, I can see him really start to show the NFL world his Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes II type talent and potential.

Since rookie minicamp started for my NY Jets today, here is my list of the top 10 players to watch out for this upcoming season:

1. Zach Wilson: Like I said yesterday, I believe in his character and talent to be successful in his 2nd season in the NFL.  This reminds of the time when Josh Allen was entering his 2nd season with the Bills, the Bills front office improved the receiving corps and offensive line.  Granted Allen wasn't great his second year, but, you saw the steps he took to make a positive stride in his development, progress, and growth as an NFL quarterback.  I have a feeling Zach Wilson is going to do just that his 2nd season.
  2. Breece Hall: Other than Garrett Wilson, I think Breece Hall is going to be the most impactful player on the Jets offense.  This young man reminds so much of Jonathan Taylor, the superstar running back of the Indianapolis Colts.  For those who do not remember, Jonathan Taylor was a beast coming out of the University of Wisconsin because like Breece Hall, he was a touchdown machine.  I think Breece Hall is going to make not only the Jets rushing attack better, but also improve upon their passing attack as well.  Many respectable analysts have said that Breece Hall catches the ball just as good if not better than Jonathan Taylor.  As far as I am concerned, Breece Hall and Michael Carter are going to be the best running back duo the Jets have had since Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer.
  3. Garrett Wilson: This wide receiver has Odell Beckham Jr. type talent and skill.  His route running, speed, agility, and hands are amazing.  He is going to be without a doubt in my mind not only the Jets #1 receiver this year, but more importantly, for many years to come.
  4. Alijah Vera Tucker: If you thought this young man was a beast at left guard, wait until you see this guy play right guard.  Throughout his entire rookie season, he rarely allowed any quarterback pressures, hurries, and sacks.  Because of his performance, he was the highest graded and regarded rookie guard on Pro Football Focus.  IMO last season, Alijah Vera Tucker was the Jets have had since Steelers legend and Hall of Famer Alan Faneca.  He is such a beast in the run game and in pass protection.
  5. Mekhi Becton: I'm still one of those Jets fans that still has high hopes for him.  Last season, he was out due to a fluke injury that was caused by one of his former teammates, Greg Van Roten.  This season, I vastly believe that he will rebound in a very huge way.  Like I do with Zach Wilson, I have strong belief in not only Mekhi's talent, but also, his character, attitude, and work ethic.  During his rookie season back in 2020, he showed tons of flashes as a dominant offensive tackle in the NFL.  While I loved and admired what George Fant did taking over for Becton at left tackle, he is not the future.  According to Pro Football Focus, Mekhi's 2020 season was better than George Fant's breakout 2021 season. 
  6. Laken Tomlinson: One of the absolute best free agency signings Joe Douglas has made during this offseason was without a doubt in my mind bringing in All-Pro left guard Laken Tomlinson from the San Francisco 49ers.  IMO, this guy is an outstanding offensive lineman.  He is an excellent leader as well as football player.  Tomlinson does extremely well in pass protection and in run blocking.  While I know he loved playing next to Trent Williams, I think he is going to love playing next to Mekhi Becton as well.
  7. Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner: Like many NY Jets fan, I as well got lost in the sauce.  What can I say, this guy is an amazing football player.  He has the size, the arm length, the speed, and most importantly, the cover skills to be among the greatest lockdown/shutdown cornerbacks in NFL history.  IMO, he has the talent and potential to be the greatest Jets defender since Darrelle Revis.
  8. Jordan Whitehead: Another excellent free signing by Joe Douglas.  IMO, Whitehead was the best player in the Buccaneers secondary next to Antoine Winfield Jr last year.  Like Jamal Adams, he is outstanding in the box, plays the run extremely well, can stop mobile quarterbacks, and blitz off the edge.  However, I strongly believe his pass coverage skills are much better.  Jamal Adams' pass coverage are absolutely horrible.  Throughout his career with the Jets and so far with the Seahawks, Jamal Adams has been a very big liability in pass coverage.
  9. Jermaine Johnson II: One of the top 3/top 5 best pass/edge rushers that entered this year's NFL draft.  While I am pumped and hoping the Carl Lawson comes back strong and healthy for this upcoming season, the franchise pass rusher for the Jets is in my opinion going to be Jermaine Johnson.  I loved watching his highlights from Florida State.  This young last season recorded 70 tackles, 18 tackles for loss and 11.5-12 quarterback sacks and was named ACC Defensive Player of the Year.  For many years, the Jets haven't had a consistent and imposing pass rusher since John Abraham.  I strongly believe that Jermaine Johnson would not only be a great compliment to Carl Lawson, but also, the Jets' premiere pass rusher for many years to come.
  10. Michael Clemons: At first, I had no idea who this dude was.  However, once I watched his highlights from Texas A & M, I was extremely impressed and intrigued.  This young man plays physical, violent, and hard as hell.  I think he will be a great depth piece for this potentially great Jets defensive line and pass rush.