DSP Gaming

2022 NFL Draft & 2022-2023 NFL Season

sateler96

Now that the first preseason game is in the books for the Jets, let me give you evaluation of the team's performance.

Let's start with the negatives:

1. The slow start: I felt both the offense and defense especially the defense played slow to start the game.  Despite some big plays here and there, I felt the offense and defense were not good to start the game.
  2. Zach Wilson's injury: Hopefully it is more of a PCL sprain not an ACL injury

Now let's get to the positives:

1. The O-line: The O-line played very well.  They didn't allow a sack nor many pressures on the QBs.  Against a really d-line unit of the Eagles, that is extremely impressive.
  2. Max Mitchell, Michael Clemons, Garrett Wilson, and Breece Hall: These guys look like potential studs for the Jets for many years to come.  I was very impressed especially with Max Mitchell.  He held his own very well against talented Eagles pass rushers.
  3. The running game: Despite the slow start, I liked how the Jets were able to run the ball and stay committed to the run the whole game.
  4. The depth of the d-line: I really like the depth the Jets d-line has.  They were able to continuously apply pressure to the Eagles QBs for the majority of the game and register at least 4 or 5 sacks.

Overall, I give the Jets a B+ for their performance against the Eagles.

13 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

As I expected, Zach Wilson did not sustain a major injury.  He will be out 2-4 weeks with a bone bruise and a meniscus tear.

That's good. He can rehab for the rest of the preseason and be ready to go by the latest game 2 of the regular season.

• Like 1

I know it's only preseason, but I think Colts fans should be worried a bit. They played their starters quite a bit and struggled on offense against the 2nd/3rd team Bills players. Defense starters did good though, forcing 4 turnovers on Case Keenum (not all his fault but still).
I was surprised with how Matt Barkley performed in the second half though, he was rocking it out there with the rookies and tryouts and they got the win 27-24. I'll give Keenum another chance, but I think Barkley's giving a good reason to be the backup again.
Oline did a decent job protecting the QB's. I think there was just the one fumble, but not much else allowed.
There wasn't much run game though outside of a long run by Zack Moss.
Defensively, they did a decent job. Got a few sacks in, but the penalties were killing us. The corners and safeties were what I cared about the most since White and Poyer are still out for now, and Hyde did get a small injury during camp. They did good overall, some nice pass breakups and good coverage to keep the starters from scoring big early on with all those turnovers.

Early NFL Season 2022 Week 1 Predictions 

Bills vs. Rams - Bills win

Saints vs. Falcons - Saints win

Browns vs. Panthers - Panthers hopefully win

49ers vs  Bears - 49ers win

Steelers vs. Bengals - Bengals win

Eagles vs. Lions - Eagles win

Colts vs. Texans - Colts win

Patriots vs. Dolphins - Dolphins win

Ravens vs. Jets - Ravens win

Jaguars vs. Commanders - Commanders win

Giants vs. Titans - Titans win

Chiefs vs. Cardinals - Cardinals win

Raiders vs. Chargers - Chargers win 

Packers vs. Vikings - Vikings win 

Buccaneers vs. Cowboys - Buccaneers win

Broncos vs. Seahawks - Broncos win 

14 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Early NFL Season 2022 Week 1 Predictions 

Bills vs. Rams - Bills win

Saints vs. Falcons - Saints win

Browns vs. Panthers - Panthers hopefully win

49ers vs  Bears - 49ers win

Steelers vs. Bengals - Bengals win

Eagles vs. Lions - Eagles win

Colts vs. Texans - Colts win

Patriots vs. Dolphins - Dolphins win

Ravens vs. Jets - Ravens win

Jaguars vs. Commanders - Commanders win

Giants vs. Titans - Titans win

Chiefs vs. Cardinals - Cardinals win

Raiders vs. Chargers - Chargers win 

Packers vs. Vikings - Vikings win 

Buccaneers vs. Cowboys - Buccaneers win

Broncos vs. Seahawks - Broncos win 

Interesting predictions.  However, I see my Jets coming out on top over the Ravens.

8 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

You wont have Zach Willson more than likely lol the Ravens are the better overall team 

I know that the Ravens have the better team overall.

However, I have full confidence in Joe Flacco who has played very well for the Jets during his 2 year stint with the team.

11 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Not going to lie, Justin Tucker is probably if not arguably the best kicker in football.

However, that is just one guy dude.

That one dude has carried the team to a win before 

Remember one game all the Ravens points was all him 

5 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

That one dude has carried the team to a win before 

Remember one game all the Ravens points was all him 

I remember.  I think it was back in 2013 against the Lions.  Could be wrong though.

Still, a kicker carrying a team to a victory is very rare.  Doesn't happen a lot.