Answer me this…

esi

Phil has been ADAMANT about avoiding drama…he doesn’t want to talk about it…doesn’t associate himself with it…and says he hates the negativity surrounding “drama” content on YouTube. So why in hell would he react to a video that is the very definition of drama?  A video about someone who has been surrounded by constant toxic negativity. What gives? 

• Like 2

He has said a lot of things, including that he couldn't care less about Wings, "I don't give two f*cks about that guy" and so on, I think he even got mad at some point when people used his memes on chat. I assume your question is just rhetorical to not even him, but to people on this Forum, well it's because like with politics, you don't bring it here, I do, they're my streams I'll do whatever I want.

I mean, because you guys... you guys have been asking me to react to Down The Rabbit Hole for AGES, ok? And I'll be honest? I don't even think it's that bad, like it's not even drama... the person who made the video just cites factually-... like factual stuff. So I said OK, I actually think that is something different and interesting? So there you go.

Edited by MoraMoria

12 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

He has said a lot of things, including that he couldn't care less about Wings, "I don't give two f*cks about that guy" and so on, I think he even got mad at some point when people used his memes on chat. I assume your question is just rhetorical to not even him, but to people on this Forum, well it's because like with politics, you don't bring it here, I do, they're my streams I'll do whatever I want.

I mean, because you guys... you guys have been asking me to react to Down The Rabbit Hole for AGES, ok? And I'll be honest? I don't even think it's that bad, like it's not even drama... the person who made the video just cites factually-... like factual stuff. So I said OK, I actually think that is something different and interesting? So there you go.

I’d actually love for him to answer…I’m assuming I’d get banned right after…but still. It’s obvious short of a miracle that he’s not hitting that sub goal…so in reality no one actually wanted to see him react. I understood that logic…it was more desperation…but still, it was semi outside the box. This Wings stuff is just irrational…he’ll have a bunch of lurkers watch…but the same people will tip. Actually surprised Wings is letting him monetize it in any way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, esi said:

I’d actually love for him to answer…I’m assuming I’d get banned right after…but still.

Oh yeah, there are some things that I could ask too that would be funny if he decided to address. If I knew he was going to do it, I'd try to minimize the options for red herrings and diversions, but you can only do so much when you're not allowed to respond to his rebuttal.

The comment I posted earlier is not even a joke, if you get your answer I bet it'll be something like that. Or maybe: "You can't win, when I try to do what you guys ask me, then oh! He wants drama, and then when I don't, oh! He never listens to his fans and he's boring (laugh), see? You can't win with these people... Alright."

1 hour ago, esi said:

Actually surprised Wings is letting him monetize it in any way. 

I'm not surprised by that. Fredrik already gave Phil permission to react to it and his video is highly transformative, Wings doesn't have that much say in it, (let's not get into the gray area of Fair Use).

But also, why would he oppose this? Let the man do his reaction, it might even be funny. Maybe that's his rationale, and don't forget that people noticed that Phil was already in contact with Wings through Twitter PMs before any of this. It's not like they're enemies or something, the façade of s**t-talking each other doesn't always translate to real life.

Phil has always capitalized on drama. If you weren't paying attention.

People watch him to see what crazy new shit he's going to say today. Unless you actually think they care about the video games.

Pretty sure his viewship spikes when he's doing his podcast stuff, then drops off during gameplay.