DSP Gaming

So do you think Phil should have joined the podcast?

Keemstar wanted to organise a podcast with wings, boogie and dsp. The former 2 have been on several podcasts and are quite comfortable with doing it, and keem even offered 50k to fund it.

Phil refused, which I think is a big mistake. He would get more attention, an additional way to supplement his income (keem is pretty rich so him throwing 50k would be nothing for him) and also give him new content. Talking to other people, discussing stuff instead of just talking at words on a screen would be so entertaining.

Plus, I have to say it. Phil has been stuck in a bubble for so long, he needs to get out of his comfort zone and interact. Also, get a Gmail. Hotmail is so outdated and he keeps directing people to contact him there.

• Like 1

"Talking to other people" sums it up. It's something that Phil wouldn't have absolute control over...and that terrifies him. The guy is so scared of legit interactions that he'll give up a minimum of 50k. This is DSP...the guy who lives paycheck to paycheck...who struggles to buy groceries...the only streamer I've EVER seen tweet in the middle of a stream that support is low and he really needs help...who makes video's before his day off to remind people to tip him. He said that he was good being at "Level 1"...now I actually believe him. 

• Like 1

Well Phil is just scared of talking in a space he cannot control. He likes his chat because he can silence talk he doesn't want. In a podcast he can't ban the other people there.

He really should do it for that reason though. He can't keep staying cooped up in his space. 

Also money wise, he's probably thinking that people will not support as often if they hear phil has a signing bonus, so he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

12 hours ago, esi said:

"Talking to other people" sums it up. It's something that Phil wouldn't have absolute control over...and that terrifies him.

You think Phil would turn down 50K because he's afraid of being embarassed? ...he literally jacked off on stream.

The idea that Keem is full of shit and not likely to cash out that kind of money just for an interview is more believeable.

4 hours ago, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

Well Phil is just scared of talking in a space he cannot control. He likes his chat because he can silence talk he doesn't want. In a podcast he can't ban the other people there.

He would turn down $50,000 just because he's scared? lol you can't be serious

Of course he should have done it. Keem even said he would front the money. Easiest $50k of anyone's life lmao

He probably realized that receiving this $50k payment along with his monthly youtube payments would mean it would be harder for him to cry poor to get tips from people. He is stubbornly sitting on his sinking ship and refusing to put on the Life Jacket because he doesn't like who threw it too him.

• Like 1

Well... yeah? Phil will make people jump through extremely difficult hoops to contact him, he never talks to team-mates in online games, probably since the Friday the 13th incident. He is a homebody.

Phil is generally quick to block people on Twitter, even if they've never spoken to him before.

1 hour ago, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

Well... yeah? Phil will make people jump through extremely difficult hoops to contact him

You email him at hotmail, boom done.

If he doesn't respond it's because he doesn't want to.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:16 PM, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

he's probably thinking that people will not support as often if they hear phil has a signing bonus, so he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It would be better if his fans tipped because they are legitimately enjoying his stream rather than tipping because they feel bad for him. Sure that'll mean less tips but he'll also get less hate. From Keemstars recent interview it sounded like he was 100% serious about the podcast, and all three of them was going to get $50k, not just Phil. He said he had no issue getting in touch with Wings and Boogie, the main issue seemed like it was impossible to get a hold of Phil and even said he called during the time he was supposed to be available.

It would've been nice to see him interacting with people for once instead of just being by himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking about this again.

It's fucked up that he said $50k was life changing and would pay off all of his debts and everything, but then still said he would rather continue to take money from his viewers every day. All he had to do was be an adult and pick up the phone and pause the stream for like 30 minutes to talk.

6 hours ago, Recom said:

All he had to do was be an adult and pick up the phone and pause the stream for like 30 minutes to talk.

Again, I think it's silly that anyone believes Keemstar would pay $50,000 for an interview. Smells like BS.

Phil isn't even at the center of any relevant drama these days.

14 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Again, I think it's silly that anyone believes Keemstar would pay $50,000 for an interview. Smells like BS.

Phil isn't even at the center of any relevant drama these days.

1). Keemstar's net worth last year was $2 million. $50k is literally nothing too him. It's silly to assume that he wouldn't, especially when Phil won't even talk to him.

2). Also, interview? What? Keem wanted a phone call to pitch his podcast idea to Phil. His podcast idea that came with a $50k sign-on bonus upfront, and then more money from the actual podcast. He's not trying to trick Phil he's trying to have a conversation with you. He has a podcast idea that he believes will make good money and he's offering you a spot.

I can't believe Phil was being so paranoid about not having anything in writing, too. Phil, he wants to pitch you his idea before he gets a contract written up how do you not get this you have a business degree. Sounds to me like Phil is making up every excuse he can to change nothing about his life and keep taking money from his audience twice daily, six times a week.

7 hours ago, Recom said:

2). Also, interview? What? Keem wanted a phone call to pitch his podcast idea to Phil. His podcast idea that came with a $50k sign-on bonus upfront, and then more money from the actual podcast. He's not trying to trick Phil he's trying to have a conversation with you. He has a podcast idea that he believes will make good money and he's offering you a spot.

Ok, those are details OP didn't mention. I didn't know this was a full time podcast and not some one off thing.

Those kind of details are important.

28 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Ok, those are details OP didn't mention. I didn't know this was a full time podcast and not some one off thing.

Those kind of details are important.

he should have done the podcast, cause at least he would have real people to talk to, the last people he talk to is John, Howard and Panda pretty much.

7 hours ago, Darksphere992 said:

he should have done the podcast, cause at least he would have real people to talk to, the last people he talk to is John, Howard and Panda pretty much.

I think having to talk to Keemstar is by itself a net lose.

He's always saying how he only has his one day off, but if he had actual podcast income he could probably afford to take 2 days off, have one day for the podcast, and then his regular streams for the other 4 days of the week.

Plus having income from this podcast and from youtube could mean he could handle all his bills and other little expenses like his shower and vacuum cleaner. Or the meal out with his wife and supplies for the cat.

And then maybe if he isn't begging for tips all day every day for all those "expenses" then his stream might grow. Obviously this will never happen but, you know, would be good for him.

On 7/22/2022 at 6:58 AM, esi said:

Extra day off to do a podcast? Bud...he's not doing any kind of "work" on a day off. His finances are obviously healthy enough for him to turn it down....that's been made crystal clear. 

Oh I know. The only thing he's working on during a day off is acquiring more Hogan jpegs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JidozeKichimonimi1 said:

I just think anything to remove him from his comfort zone and talk to other people instead of a scrolling chat would shake things up and be good for him.

What would they even discuss? Those two men are nothing alike

14 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

What would they even discuss? Those two men are nothing alike

So? Finding common ground is part of having a conversation with someone. It's a healthy social skill to have that you can't get from a chat box.

Also, everyone involved is some kind of gamer so they could just start with that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Recom said:

So? Finding common ground is part of having a conversation with someone. It's a healthy social skill to have that you can't get from a chat box.

Also, everyone involved is some kind of gamer so they could just start with that.

Yeah, seems like a big gamer. They don't even make the same kind of content.