Should I buy an old mobile workstation for $150?

url8

I am looking for a laptop to install Windows 2000 on so I can fully enjoy it on real hardware. I think I found a good one, but I want to know if I am paying too much for it. Here are its specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.9 GHz (very impressive, especially for a laptop, Core 2 Duos don't tend to clock that high, even on desktops)

NVIDIA Quadro FX770M 512 MB VRAM

2 GB of RAM

1440 × 900 TFT LCD at 60Hz

Pretty good I/O (won't bore you all with details)

WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1

DVD Burner

For more info, look here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Precision-M4400.12613.0.html

This seems like the perfect laptop for Windows 2000! Although I will need to replace its battery, and buy a hard drive and a charger for it. Is this a good deal or am I paying too much?

seems like you were in the same boat i was a couple of days ago, just bought me a laptop on ebay, mostly for web usage and light emulator usage.

because my old one that im using right now, was built like a POS, yes it lasted 5-6 years, but it was made cheaply, and the CPU is trash in it.

as for the laptop your looking at, its up to you, but i would try to, if you can find one that comes with a battery, charger, and HDD. also you didnt state how much it would cost you see idk, the one i got coming was $91.

1 hour ago, url8 said:

I am looking for a laptop to install Windows 2000 on so I can fully enjoy it on real hardware. I think I found a good one, but I want to know if I am paying too much for it. Here are its specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 @ 2.9 GHz (very impressive, especially for a laptop, Core 2 Duos don't tend to clock that high, even on desktops)

NVIDIA Quadro FX770M 512 MB VRAM

2 GB of RAM

1440 × 900 TFT LCD at 60Hz

Pretty good I/O (won't bore you all with details)

WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1

DVD Burner

For more info, look here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Precision-M4400.12613.0.html

This seems like the perfect laptop for Windows 2000! Although I will need to replace its battery, and buy a hard drive and a charger for it. Is this a good deal or am I paying too much?

This laptop has similar specs for $135

-128GB SSD(SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE)

-4GB RAM

-Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.53GHz

-DVD-ROM Drive (works)

-Battery included and working but we cannot guarantee life of used battery

-AC power adapter

-Screen Resolution: 1440X900

-Video Controller: NVIDIA Quadro FX 770M

-WIFI

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134094712932?hash=item1f38aaf064:g:7vEAAOSwZ75iYuPf

• 3 weeks later...