Do you think its fair game to talk about something if a streamer brings it up first?

JidozeKichimonimi1

Definitely hypocritical. Begging people for money every day and then telling them to shut up and calling them an idiot when they ask about it later is hella suspicious.

If the money is going towards bills and if you're penny pinching and buying only the essentials like you say then why do you get so defensive when people ask about it?

• Upvote 1

Stream donations are entirely voluntary regardless of the reason for donating. It's his money after that, to spend on bills, food or whatever.

If you're going to ask him those kind of questions about his finances, you should do it BEFORE donating when he's talking about it. I can understand bringing it up later in the middle of a stream where it might be off topic at that point.

Seems like people take him talking about finances, his wife or other topics during prestream as an invitation to discuss those topics whenever they want in his chat, which I doubt is the case.

That's just Phil for you. He'll talk about tips for 20 straight minutes...but if someone else encourages people to tip, it's blasphemy....and "people don't want to hear about that". Just super weird hypocrisy...like he doesn't even try and hide it. 

On 9/30/2022 at 12:58 AM, KGhaleon said:

Stream donations are entirely voluntary regardless of the reason for donating. It's his money after that, to spend on bills, food or whatever.

If you're going to ask him those kind of questions about his finances, you should do it BEFORE donating when he's talking about it. I can understand bringing it up later in the middle of a stream where it might be off topic at that point.

I get that but what about more specific situations where he asks for money for a specific thing. Like, say, when he needed to fix his shower.

He said he needed money to hire a plumber to come fix his shower and people donated a pretty big chunk of change for this. Someone asks him a few days later "hey what's going on with your shower?" and he tells them they aren't allowed to ask about it. Why not? You made a big deal about it on stream and asked people for money for it, but people can't ask if he used that money for what he said?

You can't ask for a loan for one thing and then use the money for something completely different, even if it's technically your money now.

Do you see the issue that people have?