Ask the King Ep. 93: Nov. 24, 2022 THANKSGIVING SPECIAL!

Phil

Hey Phil, I've been watching your content since the original Left for Dead in 09. I've always wanted to be able to play with you,  but I know it's hard to play with fans because you can't just choose one. So my question is, how do people like me who are legit fans get the chance to do co op with you?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear DSP

over the 2 years that I’ve subscribed to you. I believe that deep down you are a good person who unfortunately deals with enormous amounts of hate and trolls. Do you think with the interview you are awaiting to happen, will this accomplish a wider audience to see who Phil really is or are you afraid that it’ll be use to feed the trolls even more? I understand it’s a hard place to see a positive result in but I’m sure you are thinking about this as well. Thank you for the entertainment and glad that you’re still around creating content

From Criz

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the success of the Cyberpunk edgerunners anime series and with a few more years of development time, the Cyberpunk 2077 game has turned into a big success and exploded in popularity lately with them continuing to add more content to the game. I went back and looked at your old playthrough and there was a lot of content that you missed or otherwise didn't see due to glitches or gameplay choices.

Have you ever thought about going back for a second playthrough once the expansion Phantom Liberty comes out?

I have two fast question's for Thanksgiving Ask the King, My first is do u think the statement of Plagues tale Requiem only working on PS5 & Series X is true because of the number rats on Screen? In Comparison we had Day's Gone that had alot of Zombies on Screen and it was open world.

My Second Question is Do u think Microsoft buying alot of Studio's is making Sony better. With less Studio's on the market some of Sony Biggest names like Naughty Dog & Santa Monica shift into Multi projects teams to fill gap of less third party games. Netflix did something similar when other TV & Movies companies made their own service and pulled content off Netflix.

Hey Phil,

Long time viewer here since your Metroid Other M playthrough back in 2010. It's been an absolutely crazy ride and I'm glad you're still around. I'm writing in reference to the state of the channel recently. You've remarked numerous times recently that the channel doesn't appear to be growing as much as we'd like it to, with views on new release games being lower than in the past. My question is if you have considered the logistics of making a new channel and abandoning DSPGaming?

It sounds like a crazy idea, but there have been many, many cases where for whatever reason, the YouTube algorithm permanently screws with the potential of a channel to get recommended to other people and pushed out to wider YouTube (in your case, this event would have likely been when you had to mass-private all those videos way back when). An inability to show up in search results, inability to get recommended, and subscribers not being notified when new videos/streams go live are all common symptoms of this, and countless YouTubers have reported that the only way they were able to get around this is by making a new channel. While this would undoubtedly be a hard undertaking, as DSPGaming has a lot of infrastructure already established in the form of memberships, branding, etc., I think it would ultimately be doable considering, as you always say, your core fanbase who supports you will follow you anywhere and would know of the move as it was going on. As such, I believe you could get established pretty quickly, and experience a lot more organic growth as a result of not being cursed by the algorithm.  What do you think?

Thanks for reading, and happy thanksgiving Phil! We're rooting for you.

Edited by JamesNichols

• Phil locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic