DSP Gaming

What podcasts do you listen to?

The_Mel_Gibson

I really enjoy The Joe Rogan Experience, Hardcore History, WTF, CAGcast, and Video Game Outsiders. Those are pretty much my go to ones, and occasionally I'll tune into SoK's podcast and Hate Live. I use to love Bombcast but Ryan Davis really made it enjoyable for me which was very evident after he passed away. 

What about the rest of you? Also looking for recommendations :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Super best friend cast, though they usually run over 3 hours long so I've got a huge backlog to listen to.

I've tried listening to SOKcast lately, but they tend to stray from video games and stuff I'd actually care about listening to into rants about certain youtubers, kinda turns me off.

I listen to Hate Live and ask the king when Phil puts them up, but that's not very often.

• Upvote 1

The Giant Bombcast is fantastic, and also the most popular gaming podcast out there. Well deserved though.

I tried listening to the SoK podcast a few times, but it's really poorly structured and it really needs some more editing. There's too much dead air which creates too many moments of awkward silence. There's no "flow" to it, and some of the language used also drives me away from it.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is probably the most well-made podcast out there. The guy could make anything sound interesting, and the amount of research he puts into each episode is staggering. Just for his latest series about WW1, he read more than 30 books. His current events podcast is great as well, and it's a good source for a counter-argument against the mainstream-media message.

I like the wrestling podcasts sometimes, depending on the guest. Steve Austin is a great host, but Jim Ross can be a bit of an annoying old man at times.

• Upvote 1

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is probably the most well-made podcast out there. The guy could make anything sound interesting, and the amount of research he puts into each episode is staggering. Just for his latest series about WW1, he read more than 30 books. His current events podcast is great as well, and it's a good source for a counter-argument against the mainstream-media message.

​Totally agreed, just finished that one (well, the last one available)! I learned about the trench warfare stuff in school but it was nowhere near that detailed and graphic with first hand accounts of what the soldiers were living through. Wrath of the Khans is my favorite series he has done so far, those were some brutal mother fuckers. 

• 2 years later...

I listen to Procrastinators Podcast, Easy Allies, and backlogs of the SOKast and Sargon of Akkad streams. I have a lot of time at work and youtube red lets me save videos offline, so i can get through the 4+ hour stuff no problem. 

Edit: i forgot the Let's Fight a Boss cast they're great

Edited by doopfist

26 minutes ago, GAYKISS said:

As of lately its been Your Moms House ( which is hilariously stupid, yet entertaining), Waking Up with Sam Harris, and Economic Update with Richard Wolff. 

Waking Up is pretty much always interesting.

Haven't heard about the other two but I've enjoyed Tom Segura's stand-up, so that podcast might be worth checking out. 

• 2 years later...

Mostly Welcome to Nightvale, numerous r/nosleep, r/letsnotmeet, creepypasta readings, SCP and other horror themed internet discussion podcasts, tabletop RPG longplays and podcasts about ADHD. The last one is a little out of left-field, but my boyfriend has the condition and it's nice to learn about it and how I can support him as best I can.

• 5 months later...
On 3/10/2020 at 7:54 PM, MoraMoria said:
On 3/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, SassyGayLizard said:

tabletop RPG longplays

Like in a podcast format? I don't know anything of these.

Maybe you can link some, if you want.

If you would like some table top RPG podcasts here are some that I like. 

Very Random Encounters - they do shorter campaigns but it is quite fun 

Ghostpuncher Corps - this one is good, more of a horror genre. 

The Adventure Zone - I haven't listened to this one yet but it is highly praised. Definitely on my list to listen to. 

Links listed below. 

Also I agree Bill Burr is great for Podcast. However I prefer when he is a guest on a podcast rather than listening to his actual podcasts. 

https://pinecast.com/feed/vre

https://ghostpunchercorps.libsyn.com/rss

https://feeds.simplecast.com/cYQVc__c

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...