DSP Gaming

Dragon Ball Xenoverse Playthorugh Discussion

MasterOfAwesomeness

Today, Phil will begin his playthrough of Dragon Ball Xenoverse.  This is the second time Phil is playing a DBZ game as he played Battle of Z last year.  This game is different as Phil's custom character is put into a whole new story in which what would happen if some new evil changed the timeline of DBZ and tried to make the villains win. 

You do realize that's part of the enjoyment of games?

Taking on overpowered enemies, learning and overcoming?

Editing out the fails makes it an ingenuous playthrough. Was it frustrating that Frieza was so strong? Of course, but it felt great to finally beat him.

The best/worst montages are for editing out the fails (or highlighting them in a funny way). The playthroughs are not. 

The fact people kept saying "leave and do more grinding" made zero sense. People would rather see me take on a challenging enemy than do multiple low-level grinding quests?

In the 6+ years of doing this, I know what hooks an audience. People will be on the edge of their seats in that video to see if I can finally overcome Frieza. Maybe you should stop whining a bit?

Phil you have to understand that there is a Difficulty Spike and that you need to do Parallel Quests. The more you do them and repeat the ones you finish, the better chances you get for better supers, ultimates and equipment to better boost yourself. I know where you're getting at but you need to listen to us at times. We're just trying to help you.

• Upvote 1

Editing out the fails makes it an ingenuous playthrough. Was it frustrating that Frieza was so strong? Of course, but it felt great to finally beat him.

The best/worst montages are for editing out the fails (or highlighting them in a funny way). The playthroughs are not. 

The fact people kept saying "leave and do more grinding" made zero sense. People would rather see me take on a challenging enemy than do multiple low-level grinding quests?

In the 6+ years of doing this, I know what hooks an audience. People will be on the edge of their seats in that video to see if I can finally overcome Frieza. Maybe you should stop whining a bit?

​I'm not whining Phil, my problem was that you only tried to tank Frieza instead of actually changing your strategy. There was a tips and help thread that clearly said the game was going to spike up in difficulty and you could have avoided that frustration if you actually listened. 

Look i'm just saying that it would be alot more enjoyable for your viewers if you edited out a few of the fails that way they don't have to sit through 2 or 3 parts to see you finally beat it.  If they really want to see the fails then they will watch the montages or maybe the live stream if you upload it.

Honestly Phil it was really hard watching you complain about Frieza and not doing anything to actually improve.

• Upvote 2

I agree that fighting tough enemies and dying a lot is a part of the enjoyment of games....if you're playing them. It's different when you're watching someone play a game. It's funny to see someone fail two or three times. But watching someone fail at the same thing over and over upwards of eight or nine times? That gets boring fast no matter what.

You have to understand that what's enjoyable for you, the player, is not necessarily enjoyable for the viewers. You may have been enjoying the Frieza fight but if everyone was telling you to go grind they clearly weren't. That says to me that they wanted to see something different and that your viewers knew that you were underleveled but you didn't. I recommend watching a few other YouTubers who do what you do just to see what they do differently and what you have in common. It could help a lot.

The reason Frieza was able to tank alot of your hits was because you were too low level and your Strikes didn't have enough power behind them to make enough damage. This is what happens when you go against enemies that are way higher level than you: they tank all of your hits. You need to do Parallel Quests and repeat them as much as you like to not only get EXP and Zenni but obtain Supers, Ultimates and even transformation techniques. 1 of the 3 Stars will give you the Super Saiyan transformation but like I previously stated, it's best to repeat now the 2 Stars and 3 Stars Quests to get all the cool stuff.

Please take all of this in consideration as some of us, me included, know more of the game and than you and wish to partake our knowledge onto you so that you can have a better experience and enjoyment in it. 

Edited by God_Revan

If anyone is whining Phil, it's yourself. You say you learnt and overcome but you did the same strategies over and over again and blamed the game for 'invisible walls' when you can move up and down. People don't mind tough challenges, people just hate when you bitch and moan and instead of learning from your mistakes or just leaving it by doing an easier mission to level yourself up, you just ran into it repeatedly until it eventually broke and let you win.

Also, 6+ years you know how to hook an audience? Yeah, that's why you have a Patreon now isn't it?

• Upvote 1

Then explain why you bitched and moaned against the Looking Glass Knight and Smelter Demon instead of LEARNING their attack patterns and ADAPTING, instead of trying to cheese the hell out of them? It's like you can't think of other strategies instead of "MASH ATTACK AND WIN!"

Yes people like a challenge but not when you are so low leveled that you can't do anything...it's like you bringing a stick to a gun fight..

This is going to sound mean but...why are fans leaving then? Or why did you "ask" the forums to make your goals for patreon? Maybe I can ask why are you doing things the Big youtubers now are doing, when you call yourself the "realest" person youtube?

This is just my 2cents..take it however you want!

• Upvote 1

​Phil, did you saw ratings on the videos, where you were failing? Feedback was really negative because of those fails and your constant complaints. As for you knowing what hooks the audience... this views counter says otherwise.

If anyone is whining Phil, it's yourself. You say you learnt and overcome but you did the same strategies over and over again and blamed the game for 'invisible walls' when you can move up and down. People don't mind tough challenges, people just hate when you bitch and moan and instead of learning from your mistakes or just leaving it by doing an easier mission to level yourself up, you just ran into it repeatedly until it eventually broke and let you win.

Also, 6+ years you know how to hook an audience? Yeah, that's why you have a Patreon now isn't it?

Then explain why you bitched and moaned against the Looking Glass Knight and Smelter Demon instead of LEARNING their attack patterns and ADAPTING, instead of trying to cheese the hell out of them? It's like you can't think of other strategies instead of "MASH ATTACK AND WIN!"

Yes people like a challenge but not when you are so low leveled that you can't do anything...it's like you bringing a stick to a gun fight..

This is going to sound mean but...why are fans leaving then? Or why did you "ask" the forums to make your goals for patreon? Maybe I can ask why are you doing things the Big youtubers now are doing, when you call yourself the "realest" person youtube?

This is just my 2cents..take it however you want!

​Phil, did you saw ratings on the videos, where you were failing? Feedback was really negative because of those fails and your constant complaints. As for you knowing what hooks the audience... this views counter says otherwise.

Let's keep this thread on topic about DB Xenoverse guys. Consider this your only verbal warning. 

So Phil has resorted to using to pretty cheap tactics to win fights; hanging back and spamming ki blasts, going super saiyan and spamming Blue Hurricane. In my opinion it kinda ruins the experience because Phil's not actually learning the game. If someone used these same tactics on him in online matches he'd get pissed so why should he use them? Not to mention it's boring to watch.

• Upvote 1

So Phil has resorted to using to pretty cheap tactics to win fights; hanging back and spamming ki blasts, going super saiyan and spamming Blue Hurricane. In my opinion it kinda ruins the experience because Phil's not actually learning the game. If someone used these same tactics on him in online matches he'd get pissed so why should he use them? Not to mention it's boring to watch.

My same thoughts exactly. I'm pretty sure he's going to use this tactic to cheese his way though the game.