DSP Gaming

Minecraft Playthrough Discussion (Yes, I Typed That)

MasterOfAwesomeness

I am tempted to make a server for Phil and his fans but not sure if I can have a stable connection for everyone considering my internet isn't the best.

Anyway, It will be fun to see Phil trek through his first nights, hiding in random caves from skeletons and all that xD 

Watching someone go into this game completely blind, with absolutely zero idea about what they're doing, is so refreshing. Most Minecraft videos these days are "look at this mod!" or "look at this creation I built!", but seeing Phil learn how things work from the very beginning with no prior knowledge was genuinely interesting. And hilarious. Thoroughly enjoyed the couple of hours I caught on stream and look forward to more.

• Upvote 8

So I think next week he should keep playing vanilla. There's still so much he can do. He should do co-op the next week to raid dungeons, mass building, and kill the ender dragon. The next week he should go all out with mods and a custom server.

​I think he should skip the Ender dragon, it's not a very good boss unless they changed it. Felt tacked on.

• Upvote 1

it would be awesome if phil were to have a sever for fans to play with him during his playthrough and to maybe add some more unexpected elements during his time playing minecraft  

​I don't like this idea, maybe further down the road. Multiplayer minecraft is fun to play, but not to watch. I agree with the others in this thread, seeing Phil experience the minecraft singleplayer for the first time is pretty interesting, especially when he actually tries to get into it.

Just finished watching Phil's first playlist. MUCH better than I expected. I agree with the other posters here that the blind approach made for an interesting vantage point.

Phil seems to be genuinely enjoying the game, like I knew he would if he had given it a fair chance. It's just a shame it took Patreon to get him to do it.

So I think most of us agree that Phil should keep playing single player for now. But I do thing later on he should start a TKOH server/world for co-op.

​I don't think Phil will ever host it himself. Doing so requires him to port forward and to even enter the server you would need his IP. If he ever does host his own server, he would probably need to do it with people he absolutely trusts or if there is some other way to enter his router (via port forward) to enter the server that I'm not aware of. xD